Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

I'm still as some sort of defence mechanism fully expecting Ashley to be in charge for years yet. Im enjoying the stories but can't quite believe yet. I'm not ready for the pain of it falling through  :lol:

Delaney was at it again with the "My opinion is right, yours is wrong." bit with Neville earlier. Without being involved in any conversation with Neville. Even if he makes valid points, the way he presents them is all wrong.

Delaney was at it again with the "My opinion is right, yours is wrong." bit with Neville earlier. Without being involved in any conversation with Neville. Even if he makes valid points, the way he presents them is all wrong.

He’s a mega cunt.

I'm still as some sort of defence mechanism fully expecting Ashley to be in charge for years yet. Im enjoying the stories but can't quite believe yet. I'm not ready for the pain of it falling through  :lol:

That's exactly where I'm at. I cannot enjoy any of this until it is confirmed. Which is a shame because I'm DESPERATE to enjoy it. I want to crack open a few beers and do cheesy shit like play Local Hero at an inappropriate volume and watch YouTube clips of our best moments, welcoming my long lost club back to my heart, but I just cannot yet because the fall if it fell through would be too great. And I'll admit, this waiting is fucking killing me.

The Woolsington Hall site is perfect. Turn it into the best training facility in the country. Big enough for first team, academy and woman’s team. Build a mini 10,000 seat stadium. Perfect.

That would be superb, however I doubt the residents in Woolsington would be happy. They put up a hell of a fight to prevent new homes being built near the Falcons ground. They lost that fight however it took years to resolve what with legal challenges etc.

I'll say it again, i went past on Wednesday and they are building houses on it!

As I remember back in 90’s the club purchased woolsington hall with a view to it being our new training ground. Can’t exactly remember why we ended up in benton instead ?

However, point being I’m pretty sure when hall sold club he made sure this wasn’t included in the deal and kept if for himself. Quite happy to be corrected on this but certainly very similar to how mike has siphoned off the land at strawberry place for himself.

I’ll always remember the Keegan years but often think hall gets an easy ride from us and local press over sale of club and money they made.

Not buying this training facility news.

Charnley made it clear it's either wheelie bins or players. It's not possible to spend money on both.

https://www.spreaker.com/user/12250300/ttw-may-8

Good listen. They talk about us after about 15 minutes. Saying it’s likely they will keep Bruce until the end of the season. Their idea is interview sporting directors and have them sell their vision interms of which manager they would bring in and which players, and decide from this process the best way to move forward. Mentions Luis Campos has previously said he would welcome a move to the premier league

The Woolsington Hall site is perfect. Turn it into the best training facility in the country. Big enough for first team, academy and woman’s team. Build a mini 10,000 seat stadium. Perfect.

That would be superb, however I doubt the residents in Woolsington would be happy. They put up a hell of a fight to prevent new homes being built near the Falcons ground. They lost that fight however it took years to resolve what with legal challenges etc.

I'll say it again, i went past on Wednesday and they are building houses on it!

As I remember back in 90’s the club purchased woolsington hall with a view to it being our new training ground. Can’t exactly remember why we ended up in benton instead ?

However, point being I’m pretty sure when hall sold club he made sure this wasn’t included in the deal and kept if for himself. Quite happy to be corrected on this but certainly very similar to how mike has siphoned off the land at strawberry place for himself.

I’ll always remember the Keegan years but often think hall gets an easy ride from us and local press over sale of club and money they made.

You are right about Hall keeping it. CHD have a partnership with Metnor according tothis link:

http://idpartnership.com/portfolio/heritage/woolsington-hall/

John And Douglas Hall did very well out of nufc, when he comes on to talk about Ashley these days got to say I switch off. He couldn’t wait to sell the club with Freddie laid up in hospital. Prior to the sale to Ashley he also made a fortune when the club floated on stock market. This S#%t about we’d never marketed the club abroad doesn’t wash, he’s just trying to ease his conscience and conveniently forgets how they charged the club for empty warehouses and offices abroad and paid halls daughter a directors wage for doing f#%k all.

Whilst Ashley has fu#%ked us over for 13 years, let’s not forget worse still our own including Westwood, Seymour, mckeag, shepherd and halls have all treat us with contempt and used this club for their own ends.

Guest chopey

Did they have an overseas office that was costing a fortune but it was basically a door in Gibraltar

John And Douglas Hall did very well out of nufc, when he comes on to talk about Ashley these days got to say I switch off. He couldn’t wait to sell the club with Freddie laid up in hospital. Prior to the sale to Ashley he also made a fortune when the club floated on stock market. This S#%t about we’d never marketed the club abroad doesn’t wash, he’s just trying to ease his conscience and conveniently forgets how they charged the club for empty warehouses and offices abroad and paid halls daughter a directors wage for doing f#%k all.

Whilst Ashley has fu#%ked us over for 13 years, let’s not forget worse still our own including Westwood, Seymour, mckeag, shepherd and halls have all treat us with contempt and used this club for their own ends.

Correct. SJH regime got the balance better than most though. They must’ve raked a fortune in but with the driving force of KK they were always aware it had to be fuelled regularly.

Sir John made a lot of money no doubt, but at least he had the vision to back Keegan and spend big. He didn't go in half hearted, so my view has always been he earned some credit for thinking big, even if it was for the wrong reasons.

Sir John made a lot of money no doubt, but at least he had the vision to back Keegan and spend big. He didn't go in half hearted, so my view has always been he earned some credit for thinking big, even if it was for the wrong reasons.

Looking back great times when we look at what’s happened since. But Halls legacy will always be tainted for me, he sold the club without any due care of who he was selling to.

The Gibraltar office was exposed as never being used and they billed the club a hefty fee for it. Not to mention when club was floated they made sure as majority share holders they got a nice dividend ever year as well. This for me was the real reason Keegan walked after spurs game, he knew that fans money was no longer going to be going on players, but instead into halls and shepherds pockets.

Never knew SJH had a Plan for Training centre, academy and hotel. If you couple that with his stadium development plan and trying to join all the local sporting teams together in a way, some vision.

Ultimately too many good ideas, what ifs, and falling short in our clubs past. Hopefully we will finally see some follow through and success on and off pitch. We deserve some fun and joy.

Anything other than blind optimism in these 'announced on Tuesday' rumours?

Any date/time is guesswork.  The premier league won't have a deadline to push this through/block it.  We'll hear when it's decided, about the top and bottom of it I reckon.