Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

nufc.com saying it's a done deal.

"We understand that the much-heralded purchase of Newcastle United by a consortium comprising the Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia, Amanda Staveley and the Reuben brothers will be ratified and announced before next weekend. That will follow the granting of formal approval of the deal by the Premier League - a process that has taken around five weeks, due in part to controversy over the Saudi involvement and efforts to restart the season."

If nufc.com are posting about it then it’s safe to assume it’s done.

Yeah, this is the most convincing piece of information we've had by far. Nufc.com have always distanced themselves from recycling gossip.

Caulkin has just said they expect approval this week.

I have a very good feeling about all of this, I think this is going to be a great week for our great club !!!

I know I should put this in the optimism thread, but the wording of the nufc.com report has me thinking. I'm of the belief that the PL has given it's approval. The reason the consortium can whisper in some ears like this is because the approval has been given and we're inside the 3-5 business days of the money changing hands.

It begs the question why wait before making an official announcement. There have been many reports that PIF don't say a word until the ink has dried. That's what's happening here.

"We understand that the much-heralded purchase of Newcastle United by a consortium comprising the Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia, Amanda Staveley and the Reuben brothers will be ratified and announced before next weekend. (We've been told. It's #cans)

That will follow the granting of formal approval of the deal by the Premier League - a process that has taken around five weeks, due in part to controversy over the Saudi involvement and efforts to restart the season." (so ownership will happen after PL checks - but the wording here is open to interpretation that approval has been given)

I don’t know much about NUFC.com but what exactly in that paragraph is new information? I thought that’s what we’d been told was going to happen by pretty much every reputable journalist?

DM them mate. They'll get back to you

They probably will. That’s not what I asked though...I’m asking why people are excited about NUFC.com reporting the same stuff we already know? Are they a good reliable source?

To even ask that question shows how much you dont know.

Well no s*** 😁 Hence the f***ing question.

I’ve been on NUFC.com loads over the years, but they’ve never particularly appeared ITK or particularly reliable with this kind of stuff, to me. Hence me asking why people are all of a sudden excited when we already know everything they’re talking about, from other reputable sources.

I was reacting to your question, my response is you shouldn’t need to ask it man, which everyone else agrees with from what I can see.

Bit of why do you believe them and not me going on with you, because you are just a nobody on an Internet forum.

I know I should put this in the optimism thread, but the wording of the nufc.com report has me thinking. I'm of the belief that the PL has given it's approval. The reason the consortium can whisper in some ears like this is because the approval has been given and we're inside the 3-5 business days of the money changing hands.

It begs the question why wait before making an official announcement. There have been many reports that PIF don't say a word until the ink has dried. That's what's happening here.

"We understand that the much-heralded purchase of Newcastle United by a consortium comprising the Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia, Amanda Staveley and the Reuben brothers will be ratified and announced before next weekend. (We've been told. It's #cans)

That will follow the granting of formal approval of the deal by the Premier League - a process that has taken around five weeks, due in part to controversy over the Saudi involvement and efforts to restart the season." (so ownership will happen after PL checks - but the wording here is open to interpretation that approval has been given)

See Caulkin's tweet above. PL checks still not officially completed. He's one of only one or two worth listening to.

See Caulkin's tweet above. PL checks still not officially completed. He's one of only one or two worth listening to.

Yet you want us to believe you  :lol:

I don’t know much about NUFC.com but what exactly in that paragraph is new information? I thought that’s what we’d been told was going to happen by pretty much every reputable journalist?

DM them mate. They'll get back to you

They probably will. That’s not what I asked though...I’m asking why people are excited about NUFC.com reporting the same stuff we already know? Are they a good reliable source?

To even ask that question shows how much you dont know.

Well no s*** 😁 Hence the f***ing question.

I’ve been on NUFC.com loads over the years, but they’ve never particularly appeared ITK or particularly reliable with this kind of stuff, to me. Hence me asking why people are all of a sudden excited when we already know everything they’re talking about, from other reputable sources.

I was reacting to your question, my response is you shouldn’t need to ask it man, which everyone else agrees with from what I can see.

Bit of why do you believe them and not me going on with you, because you are just a nobody on an Internet forum.

Where the fuck have I said ANYTHING about believing ME? I couldn't give a fuck if people believe me (I'm not even asking you to)... I'm just asking why NUFC.com are deemed so reliable when all they are posting is stuff we already know from other reputable sources? Stop being so antagonistic.

Yet you want us to believe you  :lol:

Believe it or not, I couldn't give two fucks whether some keyboard warrior on a Newcastle forum believes me, because I'm not actually claiming anything. George and Chris and NUFC.com are. I'm not.

It’s definitely happening within 2 weeks so let’s not get bent out of shape with each other about the finer details.  It’s going to be momentous. It’s the end of Ashley and the beginnings of a new, competitive era for the club and us.

This sub seems to have its regulars and anyone who pipes up with anything just gets slagged off and brushed off as a divvy.

That is possibly why the thread is constantly being browsed but no participation outside of the (cool) club is made that much.

Loads of ass hats in here. Shame really. Because this could be a good thread if it wasnt for a select few.

Lee Ryder and Caulkin will be the ones to watch this week.

As I understand, the new owners want to build a very good relationship with the Chronicle and so will want them to be the ones with the news first.