Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

I mean, even if he did agree with Bin Laden and that photo of him brandishing an RPG is legit, it's not really relevant to what happened to him, is it?

Yeah, I can’t see how playing Dungeons and Dragons would do any harm.

Credit where credit is due mind on whoever wrote the letter. They have Big Mike down to a tee.

"I know many of you are tempted by his offer to get out of the dire situation that has crippled your club for so many years"

Destroyed him in one sentence.

I actually chuckled when I read that - somehow Mike Ashley was unable to escape being called out for being a shit owner by whoever helped her with the letter. Love to see it.

Credit where credit is due mind on whoever wrote the letter. They have Big Mike down to a tee.

"I know many of you are tempted by his offer to get out of the dire situation that has crippled your club for so many years"

Destroyed him in one sentence.

I actually chuckled when I read that - somehow Mike Ashley was unable to escape being called out for being a s*** owner by whoever helped her with the letter. Love to see it.

I chuckled at that bit too

Was the rumoured second bidder identity ever leak? or was it Richard keys bollocks?

Assume they need to maintain confidentiality until there's an opening, which at the moment there isn't. I think it's fair to assume it will be some investment group who are looking to buy in on the cheap and turnover a profit quite quickly. We'll probably be run on the same lines we are currently, i.e. as a 3rd tier Premier club hoping to stay up while spending as little as possible.

I might get pelters for this but I wish she'd just fuck off tbh, quite clear she is being used in this otherwise where are her letters to all the other business that Saudi has control over, asking the world to boycott them?

Her situation is terrible and I could understand if this was a consistent campaign, but it isn't. It's hardly a vendetta against NUFC but someone - or some people - really don't want this to happen and clearly are taking whatever action they can to make it as difficult as possible for the PL.

I mean, even if he did agree with Bin Laden and that photo of him brandishing an RPG is legit, it's not really relevant to what happened to him, is it?

The Mujahideen were supported by the west in 1988, when the photo was taken. Rambo III, released the same year, is all about Rambo heroically going to help supply the Mujahideen with weapons for their liberation fight, and the end credit dedicates the film to their bravery.

Surely giving them weapons and funding is more notable than standing next to them while reporting on their actions?

The Mujahideen were supported by the west in 1988, when the photo was taken. Rambo III, released the same year, is all about Rambo heroically going to help supply the Mujahideen with weapons for their liberation fight, and the end credit dedicates the film to their bravery.

Surely giving them weapons and funding is more notable than standing next to them while reporting on their actions?

Yeah - this also included huge funding from the Saudis at the time.

Never did trust the Yanks that theyd actually got rid of Bin Laden.

Please don't tweet this. Trump will retweet it with "It's true. Obama failed, big time, but I got it done. Believe me. It was beautiful."

What the...what happeend to this thread? Came in and looks nothing like a football thread. We sure we want to do this in here?

What football discussion did you foresee in a thread about a business transaction?

I might get pelters for this but I wish she'd just f*** off tbh, quite clear she is being used in this otherwise where are her letters to all the other business that Saudi has control over, asking the world to boycott them?

Her situation is terrible and I could understand if this was a consistent campaign, but it isn't. It's hardly a vendetta against NUFC but someone - or some people - really don't want this to happen and clearly are taking whatever action they can to make it as difficult as possible for the PL.

No think your spot on she’s having her strings pulled and and it’s transparent to the majority of us.

For as much as what happened to her husband is a terrible thing, I find the attitude in the letter very rich, and take it in a bitter taste, if she wrote it or not.

She goes on about protecting our city. I’m sorry, but our city has been subjected to generations of under investment, not just by private investors, but most notably our own government.

I have said before on here, our city is no longer in a potion to rejected any investment that is offered to us, not least the level of investment that is said to coincide with this takeover.

For an outsider saying we should reject this gets my back.

Honestly who else is going to invest that kind of money here? Her? Her team?

The fact is whoever wrote that letter hasn’t thought about, let alone would be willing to do it themselves.

Has she or whoever wrote the letter got any intersects here, or even visited the place? I suspect not.

To ask a group of people in this scenario to reject a takeover on the grounds of morals when everyone else is winning at our expense by ignoring those morals is in my view, condescending.

That is before we even get to the investment in Newcastle United.

What the...what happeend to this thread? Came in and looks nothing like a football thread. We sure we want to do this in here?

What football discussion did you foresee in a thread about a business transaction?

And what does a video of Bin Laden have to do with a football club's 'business transaction'?

And what does a video of Bin Laden have to do with a football club's 'business transaction'?

The saudis financed the mujahedeen

For as much as what happened to her husband is a terrible thing, I find the attitude in the letter very rich, and take it in a bitter taste, if she wrote it or not.

She goes on about protecting our city. I’m sorry, but our city has been subjected generations of under investment, not just by private investors, but most notably our own government.

I have said before on here, our city is no longer in a potion to rejected any investment that is offered to us, not least the level of investment that is said to coincide with this takeover.

For an outsider saying we should reject this gets my back.

Honestly who else is going to invest that kind of money here? Her? Her team?

The fact is whoever wrote that letter hasn’t thought about, let alone would be willing to do it themselves.

Has she or whoever wrote the letter got any intersects here, or even visited the place? I suspect not.

To ask a group of people in this scenario to reject a takeover on the grounds of moral when everyone else is winning at our expense by ignoring those morals is in my view, condescending.

That is before we even get to the investment in Newcastle United.

On the most basic level, rejecting this means backing a man who's actively stealing ticket money for games that won't happen.

In more hypocrisy, we were fine with bin laden and the likes when he was kicking the soviets arses with the Mujadeen in Afghanistan. ‘Crack on Ossy bonny lad. Up the gooners’

Kaizero[/member] worked with Bin Laden.  True story.

A Bin Laden. Not the Bin Laden.

I'm knee deep with the Saudis these days anyhow. My only moral is the dollar.

The saudis financed the mujahedeen

So did we I would imagine.

Yet another letter

I'd love to know who is putting this bitch up to this as I firmly believe a few weeks ago she wouldnt have had a clue who or what Newcastle United were

I’ve had you on the ignore list for quite some time, but I felt compelled to reveal your post just to tell you fuck off.