Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Both players would be class here. Rafa would make them even better players.

Rafa would make Stones better when Guardiola couldn't?

I feel as though Stones knows if he makes a mistake he's out of that Man City team. Rafa would put an arm around him and make him part of the backbone of a new look Newcastle.

Stones has been poor of late but I definitely think there is a better player in there.

I feel as though Stones knows if he makes a mistake he's out of that Man City team. Rafa would put an arm around him and make him part of the backbone of a new look Newcastle.

Stones has been poor of late but I definitely think there is a better player in there.

I think Stones needs more than an arm around him. Benitez doesn't improve every player.

Stones hasn't came close to being the finished article they thought he would at City under Guardiola. Doubt he would here.

I don't think Rafa is known to be one to do that. I do think Rafa would get something out of him though, much like he did with Lascelles.

I'd have Stones here as a long-term replacement for Fernandez perhaps, but on paper I don't think he's a signing that would immediately oust any of our starters. Could probably be a project trying to help him find his confidence again.

I don't think Rafa is known to be one to do that. I do think Rafa would get something out of him though, much like he did with Lascelles.

I'd have Stones here as a long-term replacement for Fernandez perhaps, but on paper I don't think he's a signing that would immediately oust any of our starters. Could probably be a project trying to help him find his confidence again.

True, many players have said Rafa often comes across as distant instead of a shoulder to cry on. I just feel Stones would feel less pressure playing under Rafa. The only concern I would have is perhaps his injury problems reoccurring, but I definitely think he would be a positive signing.

I’ve always liked Barkley. I’ve seen Stones as overrated but he’s a good player and can still improve.

I won’t allow myself to believe Rafa is coming back though, would be too good to be true.

Pretty sure i read something recently, where Rafa himself said he's learned not be so distant to players. He still believes in a separation between the manager and players, but knows how to deal with things far better now, than he did when he was a younger manager.

As he's got older and more experienced, he realised how players react to certain things differently depending on personality etc. I'm sure i read that.

Well it wouldn't surprise me as Rafa is so articulate and clever, he's still learns now, that's why he's so good.

Pretty sure i read something recently, where Rafa himself said he's learned not be so distant to players. He still believes in a separation between the manager and players, but knows how to deal with things far better now, than he did when he was a younger manager.

As he's got older and more experienced, he realised how players react to certain things differently depending on personality etc. I'm sure i read that.

Well it wouldn't surprise me as Rafa is so articulate and clever, he's still learns now, that's why he's so good.

Correct. From the Gerrard stuff wasn’t it?

Correct. From the Gerrard stuff wasn’t it?

Not sure mate, i remember reading very recently though.

Was gutted when Rafa left even though I’d long since stopped going to matches. He gets the place and would build the club up from bottom to top, and that’s undoubtedly what we need.

However, I can’t put my finger on it but Pochettino just excites me more, and I think the reason is signings. You just know Rafa’s signings would be to suit his system, even if that meant having someone like that danish kid jorgenson up front.

Rafa is certainly the safe pair of hands and sensible option, but big part of me would love to see what Pochettino could do.

Was gutted when Rafa left even though I’d long since stopped going to matches. He gets the place and would build the club up from bottom to top, and that’s undoubtedly what we need.

However, I can’t put my finger on it but Pochettino just excites me more, and I think the reason is signings. You just know Rafa’s signings would be to suit his system, even if that meant having someone like that danish kid jorgenson up front.

Rafa is certainly the safe pair of hands and sensible option, but big part of me would love to see what Pochettino could do.

Right now, looking at what they've both done, Poch is the future and Rafa is the past. I think that excites me about Poch, however I am concerned how the wheels fell off at Tottenham and his almost standoff-ish approach to it. Almost like he either didn't care or didn't think it was his fault.

Right now, looking at what they've both done, Poch is the future and Rafa is the past. I think that excites me about Poch, however I am concerned how the wheels fell off at Tottenham and his almost standoff-ish approach to it. Almost like he either didn't care or didn't think it was his fault.

He was undoubtedly unhappy with the transfer business done in the summer prior to him leaving, that’s where the first cracks started to appear.

I think he’s got a big point to prove though and he knows he needs a trophy to back up the hype. You could tell by the way he celebrated after they beat Ajax the passion the blokes got.

I like him and think he’d sharp forget the yids once he experiences this place, and I bet spurs fans would have him back to a man at the minute.

Ross Barkley is still just 26.

Seems the type of player that would benefit massively from Rafa. Needs to be given detailed instructions on exactly what to do as his decision making can be poor.

Not a big fan of Stones, but Rafa had Schaar looking like a fantastic defender when he was here, and there's been a big difference with him since he left. In a more structured, tighter system Stones could look a lot better.

Super excited about the news on Rafa returning. He does always t alk about having an English core for premier league teams and so this would make sense. It would follow in the mould of what he did at Liverpool building around Gerrard and Carragher.

Guest chopey

I think Poch would build a team that would genuinely win stuff Rafa would IMO would have a genuine interest in improving the whole area

I think Poch would build a team that would genuinely win stuff Rafa would IMO would have a genuine interest in improving the whole area

Definite quandary for me. I love Rafa and I feel like a cheating lover but I can't help but lust after the type of football we would get under Poch. I think he would inspire and unite the fanbase again possibly even more than Rafa, which feels weird to say. On the flip side I see this as Rafa's swansong rather than Poch's stepping stone to Madrid or elsewhere. Rafa knows the club, area and is a dreamboat. It's unfinished business in this league, the title he doesn't have and you know he will do everything for our club.

Either way, what a position we could potentially be in to consider either and managers of this pedigree.