Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Jim white just said no chance of it happening this week as The Premier League has yet to look at some of the details of the takeover.

He also said it was happening in January

Well Stones isn't good enough for City and Barkley not good enough for Chelsea, so if we are going to try and compete with them they wouldn't be good enough for us. However if we just want to settle for getting closer to the top 6-8 I suppose they would do. Neither would excite me.

I actually prefer the idea of building by targeting younger talent like this that are established but still have huge potential, particularly because Rafa is the ideal manger to fully unlock these types, rather than just flooding the team with big money players that are chasing big paydays as that would feel a lot more forced and empty.

Well Stones isn't good enough for City and Barkley not good enough for Chelsea, so if we are going to try and compete with them they wouldn't be good enough for us. However if we just want to settle for getting closer to the top 6-8 I suppose they would do. Neither would excite me.

I actually prefer the idea of building by targeting younger talent like this that are established but still have huge potential, particularly because Rafa is the ideal manger to fully unlock these types, rather than just flooding the team with big money players that are chasing big paydays as that would feel a lot more forced and empty.

Think I could get on board if we did it this way. As much as I despise love Chelsea fans, I'd never want to be one.

Guest Butcher

Stones, Barkley and Ings are miles ahead of anything we’ve got. Would be mental to turn any of them down.

Rome wasn’t built in a day and that.

Jim white just said no chance of it happening this week as The Premier League has yet to look at some of the details of the takeover.

Jim White is just using the Masters interview to come to that conclusion.

We’ve been told all along the consortium have been answering questions, bit hard to believe at this stage there’s still big issues they’ve not even covered.

Also the consortium have obviously had it indicated in last of couple of weeks that a decision is close, hence some of the stuff Caullkin has reported.

Jason Burt also reported last week investigations were finished, and he’s been pretty on the money throughout.

RB Leipzig/Salzburg have the perfect model - great scouting network, great coaching throughout, brilliant infrastructure and progressive managers. It’s no wonder they’re prolific at churning out great talent. The difference with us is we wouldn’t have a selling our best talent element attached to our structure.

Guest chopey

1st of June would be a good date but I think we will here this week of some appointments in key positions, obviously not confirmed.

Guest godzilla

Obviously his interpretation of the Master's interview. The bloke is a fucking joke.

Stones, Barkley and Ings are miles ahead of anything we’ve got. Would be mental to turn any of them down.

Rome wasn’t built in a day and that.

Would be such an interesting trio to start a rebuild with under Rafa. All between 25 and 27 years old, so a good balance of experience and still got some youth. Lots of talent and potential to unlock still in all three.