Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

What I want to know is how Hatice gets a personal reply from Masters, whilst my letter to the prem got a generic response from Tommy the supporters relations blokey.

You're not in the media headlines and basically just a peasant  :lol:

To be honest I wasn’t even expecting a reply from Tommy.  :lol:

Guest godzilla

What I want to know is how Hatice gets a personal reply from Masters, whilst my letter to the prem got a generic response from Tommy the supporters relations blokey.

You're not in the media headlines and basically just a peasant  :lol:

To be honest I wasn’t even expecting a reply from Tommy.  :lol:

:lol:

with everything going on in the world this really has dropped down my list of major concerns in life...but i can't help but feel fatigued by the sheer length and public nature of this all. lord.

its a major concern for me , it really is simply because its probably the last chance saloon for this club to be great again ,i was 3 year old when we won the fairs cup ..ive not seen any success to speak of apart from the keegan/robson/cox teams playing well,a few cup finals..this is a game changer for nufc and the fans fully deserve it

Guest reefatoon

If it does fall through/ get rejected, stories like that are not going to help the poor lass. She will get shit from all sorts of morons.

That letter makes it sound like Masters is annoyed that this has played out in the media.

There's no way it wouldn't have played out in the media. If he wasn't expecting it to be in the media he's in the wrong job.

It's really hard to stay optimistic about this as it drags on, but I still find it difficult to imagine circumstances where the Premier League flatly refuse to do business with the PIF. 

If the BeIn piracy concern is their real issue, there will never be a moment where the PL have more leverage with Saudi authorities to fix it (assuming they are able to conclude that the PIF are themselves in a position to shut down Beoutq). This is their time to extract concessions and find a way to broadcast legitimately, long-term in KSA.

Second, if the PL are genuinely considering refusing a Saudi investment in the league due to moral concerns about the regime's human rights record, are they prepared for what that could do to future global investment and sponsorship opportunities for the league and its clubs? PIF are in a position to influence decisions at Disney (ie ESPN), Facebook, BoA, Citigroup, Boeing, LiveNation, BP etc. And that investment spree isn't over. Some people might interpret rejecting the deal as taking a principled stand against Saudi money in a way no other global industry or Western government has ever done. More cynically, it might be interpreted as protecting the interests of its big clubs and Qatari allies. But either way you view it, it will definitely have long term political consequences for how the PL is able to market itself globally.

Absolutely no idea how the telegraph got that headline from that letter btw and I’m the most pessimistic person regarding this takeover on here 😂

Telegraph are full of shite. Had little reputation regarding our takeover but like you say, producing crap like that shows their true colours.

Why can't one of them just say "PL are doing everything they can to find a way to make the takeover happen" if a paper wants an insane amount of attention? 😂

Guest reefatoon

When I first read that I thought he was saying Dell are the other group. That would have been hilarious.

When I first read that I thought he was saying Dell are the other group. That would have been hilarious.

Same here. :lol:

RTG would’ve been in the biggest meltdown ever.

I gotta say, I really do appreciate the soft spot Henry Winter has for us fans.

I'll say this, if this somehow does fall through (I still believe they will be our new owners) then a swift transaction with another group will be fine by me assuming it's not a MA crony. I want a clean break from MA and I honestly don't want to think about that cunt ever again.