Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Guest Gazibaldi

Total conjecture on my part, but I think it's already done and the consortium are waiting until the end of the season to announce so they can hopefully reduce the risk of huge swathes of fans turning up at the ground. They gain nothing from announcing now. Our season is dead, we are safe, just crawl to the line.

Plans can be readied and put in motion now. Pre contract agreements can be put in place now. The transfer window is not open yet. Hush hush agreements can be made so a new marquee signing or two can be announced along with the announcement of the change of ownership. It also allows the PL itself to get itself in order for the inevitable backlash from concerned parties. They lose a little on the fans front by keeping us in the dark, but that will blow over the instance we show any kind of progress.

Reason behind this: Ashley would be kicking up an almighty stink if he really wanted this to go through (which it appears he does) and the consortium would too. We've literally heard nothing at all from either camps other than what's been reported by 'reliable' media.

Total conjecture on my part, but I think it's already done and the consortium are waiting until the end of the season to announce so they can hopefully reduce the risk of huge swathes of fans turning up at the ground. They gain nothing from announcing now. Our season is dead, we are safe, just crawl to the line.

Plans can be readied and put in motion now. Pre contract agreements can be put in place now. The transfer window is not open yet. Hush hush agreements can be made so a new marquee signing or two can be announced along with the announcement of the change of ownership. It also allows the PL itself to get itself in order for the inevitable backlash from concerned parties. They lose a little on the fans front by keeping us in the dark, but that will blow over the instance we show any kind of progress.

Reason behind this: Ashley would be kicking up an almighty stink if he really wanted this to go through (which it appears he does) and the consortium would too. We've literally heard nothing at all from either camps other than what's been reported by 'reliable' media.

Seems logical. I like this train of thought but it's bloody frustrating in the meantime. But if you're right then it would make sense to announce it like you've described for maximum impact.

The only downside I see to this is it would involve players and, worse, their agents so more potential for leaks. I can imagine the parasitic agent types blabbing on any enquiries about their players to get the best deals for them elsewhere. I doubt very much you can make someone sign an NDA for just asking them a question about availability, although as always I am open to be educated by the more knowledgeable business types on here.

Seems logical. I like this train of thought but it's bloody frustrating in the meantime. But if you're right then it would make sense to announce it like you've described for maximum impact.

The only downside I see to this is it would involve players and, worse, their agents so more potential for leaks. I can imagine the parasitic agent types blabbing on any enquiries about their players to get the best deals for them elsewhere. I doubt very much you can make someone sign an NDA for just asking them a question about availability, although as always I am open to be educated by the more knowledgeable business types on here.

Logical?  :lol: :lol:

How does it seem logical in anyway!

As if they won't announce it cos of fear of people turning up to the ground ffs.

Mike Ashley can't kick up a stink because of the NDA. 

I can't see Saudi Arabia going to the effort of cleaning up the piracy thing off the back of a 'maybe'. Why bother? It's £300m which is a drop in the ocean for them. The only reason I can see them doing it is that they're promised to do it as part of an already signed agreement.

How does it seem logical in anyway!

As if they won't announce it cos of fear of people turning up to the ground ffs.

Mike Ashley can't kick up a stink because of the NDA.

Thats what I love about this place, batshit crazy theories being called logical.  :lol:

Regarding logical, in which scenario do you think Koulibaly is more expensive in transfer price negotiations with Napoli:

a) Newcastle United FC wants to buy the player and the club is officially owned by Mike Ashley, prince of cheap francoise Ligue 1 signings;

b) Newcastle United FC wants to buy the player and the club is officially owned by Stavely, Reuben and the Saudi's PIF.

It is kinda logical to wait, but club's bleeding money all around the world due to covid also changes things

Regarding logical, in which scenario do you think Koulibaly is more expensive in transfer price negotiations with Napoli:

a) Newcastle United FC wants to buy the player and the club is officially owned by Mike Ashley, prince of cheap francoise Ligue 1 signings;

b) Newcastle United FC wants to buy the player and the club is officially owned by Stavely, Reuben and the Saudi's PIF.

It is kinda logical to wait, but club's bleeding money all around the world due to covid also changes things

And in which of your scenarios is gonna make koulibaly more likely to even entertain talking to us.

Also maybe napoli might smell a rat when it’s not Charnley and Barnes that rock up to start negotiations

Fuck me :lol:

Guest Gazibaldi

Why is it batshit to say they could delay the announcement to appease many parties who will be concerned about public safety? Just the other day Masters himself got a slap on the wrist for allowing the very same thing to happen when Liverpool won the title. He was accused of poor forward planning in the event of them winning the title. They gain absolutely nothing by 'announcing' now other than to appease a rabid fanbase. It makes plenty sense not to announce now when we are in the situation we are in at the point in the season we're in.

Ashley kicking up a fuss about the process taking forever is hardly breaking NDA either. It's common public knowledge where the process is. Him venting that it's not complete is hardly outside the bounds of reality, since the parties against the takeover don't seem to be interested in being quiet about it. Bein have a contract with the PL, what gives them the right to stir up the public and broadcast whatever they want about a confidential process, yet the parties they are slandering are expected to keep hush?

If you'd like to counter those points, please do. As I said, it's total conjecture on my part based on what I see.

c) his agent's leaking bs to flush out buyers

Why is it batshit to say they could delay the announcement to appease many parties who will be concerned about public safety? Just the other day Masters himself got a slap on the wrist for allowing the very same thing to happen when Liverpool won the title. He was accused of poor forward planning in the event of them winning the title. They gain absolutely nothing by 'announcing' now other than to appease a rabid fanbase. It makes plenty sense not to announce now when we are in the situation we are in at the point in the season we're in.

Ashley kicking up a fuss about the process taking forever is hardly breaking NDA either. It's common public knowledge where the process is. Him venting that it's not complete is hardly outside the bounds of reality, since the parties against the takeover don't seem to be interested in being quiet about it. Bein have a contract with the PL, what gives them the right to stir up the public and broadcast whatever they want about a confidential process, yet the parties they are slandering are expected to keep hush?

If you'd like to counter those points, please do. As I said, it's total conjecture on my part based on what I see.

Do you genuinely believe it will make the slightest bit of difference if theirs a game on our not. St James park is in the centre of town. As soon as it’s announced there’s going to be celebrations and many people will converge to pubs and at James park. They won’t go let’s all wait till Sunday till the game is on :lol:

Liverpool fans you mentioned went to anfield on a night Liverpool weren’t even playing :lol:

Do you genuinely believe it will make the slightest bit of difference if theirs a game on our not. St James park is in the centre of town. As soon as it’s announced there’s going to be celebrations and many people will converge to pubs and at James park. They won’t go let’s all wait till Sunday till the game is on :lol:

Liverpool fans you mentioned went to anfield on a night Liverpool weren’t even playing :lol:

Also from the legal side of things, Sports direct is a plc and any movement of shares etc regarding their holdings would need reporting.

Guest Gazibaldi

I don't believe it will no, because I understand our fanbase. But what I believe what the fans will do is irrelevant. It's what the powers that be believe. And yes they believed that it was poor for the PL not to have a concrete plan in place for Liverpool winning the title. It reflected badly on the PL because of that. They will see the takeover the same way. They will no doubt believe that if they delay the announcement till the end of the season that it will reduce the number of fans gathering at the stadium, therefore reducing the risk of public health concerns.

Guest Gazibaldi

Also from the legal side of things, Sports direct is a plc and any movement of shares etc regarding their holdings would need reporting.

Why does the shares have to be moved now? The checks being completed by the PL have no bearing on when the final handover and transfer of shares is done. They could quite easily sit on the finalisation to avoid easy leaks, until they are ready. If the money is set aside in an escrow account, Ashley can begin planning what he wanted to do with said funds without it officially being in his name.

So you think it's logical that, on top of the other crazy theory, we are going to fraudulently buy Koulibaly? Send Charnley to do the talking to save the Saudis a few quid? Fucking hell man  :lol:

Using the principle of Occam’s Razor, where the simplest explanation is usually the right one, I’d say that it’s still with the PL and that they haven’t decided yet.

Think folk are just tying themselves in knots here with some of these theories.

Why does the shares have to be moved now? The checks being completed by the PL have no bearing on when the final handover and transfer of shares is done. They could quite easily sit on the finalisation to avoid easy leaks, until they are ready. If the money is set aside in an escrow account, Ashley can begin planning what he wanted to do with said funds without it officially being in his name.

Are you familiar with Mike Ashley? Why would he go along with cash owing to him not being in his pocket?

That motherfucker knows the daily interest on £300m that he’s not collecting. He’s not going to sit back and say “Yeah, in your own time”.

Guest Howaythetoon

I hear they let Liverpool win the League early so as to ensure there would be no mass end of the season celebrations around Anfield....

Some absurd theories man :lol:

The PL cannot stop or keep it from being announced, which we’ll find out from companies house, movement of shares etc. in SD anyway, regardless.

Because not to do so would allow people that know about it to no e other shares etc. Its called insider dealing.

If someone had told me 14 weeks ago, that this would still be going on in mid July without a yea or nay either way, I would have laughed in their face. Now, I just cry 😢 and I’m fed up with it all.

FFS Make a decision!!  :rant: