Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

They can’t agree a tv deal with them whilst this one is still running. Surely they aren’t buying us whilst not being able to watch us.

If the Premier League agree to take Saudi as its own broadcast region and agree to compensate BEIN for their region being reduced in size it could be possible to do it now as BEIN would still keep their MENA TV deal at a reduced rate, just speculating of course.

I doubt it would legally be as easy as that though.

Maybe not if BEIN refused to accept the situation.  But they'd be mad to do so, since right now they get 0 revenue from Saudi.  Some compensation from losing a country they make nothing from would be a no brainer.  Meanwhile the entire issue of Qatar and Saudi squabbling over TV rights goes away and the PL lose no money.  Of course just because it would make sense doesn't mean its happening..

Say they pay £50m for KSA and because of piracy they’ve made back £10m when they thought they’d get £100m, then an offer from the PL (banked by KSA) to break off that area to cover their losses (£40m) then it would make sense to them to walk away.

Now think if they don’t. KSA will launch a bid to buy all rights to mena and will out bid them, and the shoe is on the other foot. Letting KSA break off makes good sense now and for the future. KSA aren’t going to bid for mena when all they really want is KSA, leaving bein to operate in all other countries.

This also ties in for me keys statement yesterday, he knows he beat on this one. Keep pushing and all of bein will be beat.

They can’t agree a tv deal with them whilst this one is still running. Surely they aren’t buying us whilst not being able to watch us.

If the Premier League agree to take Saudi as its own broadcast region and agree to compensate BEIN for their region being reduced in size it could perhaps be possible to do it now.  As BEIN would still keep their MENA TV deal at a reduced rate, just speculating of course.

would require BeIN to agree to it and well why the hell would they agree to it?

Well money, they're in the shit financially and right now they get absolutely nothing for their license from Saudi.  They'd be getting a large discount for losing a broadcast area that's completely worthless to them.

If the Premier League agree to take Saudi as its own broadcast region and agree to compensate BEIN for their region being reduced in size it could perhaps be possible to do it now.  As BEIN would still keep their MENA TV deal at a reduced rate, just speculating of course.

would require BeIN to agree to it and well why the hell would they agree to it?

Well money, they're in the shit financially and right now they get absolutely nothing for their license from Saudi.  They'd be getting a large discount for losing a broadcast area that's completely worthless to them.

I just can't see them (or anyone from Qatar) giving KSA an inch in anything regardless of cost to themselves. Hell I sure as hell wouldn't, not with the shit they've been pulling with the piracy and blocking any legal action in KSA to stop it.

Well, these are extremely extraordinary circumstances seeing the geopolitics between these 2 countries so I won't rule out the PL allowing Saudis their own tv deal. It will cut out the bein piracy. Bein were losing money anyways through beoutQ. So the solution id Saudis pay their own rights so that beoutQ or any bein piracy can be eliminates. Geopolitics is strong on this one.

I dont see what any of this has to do with the owners and directors tests? Theres no questions of TV rights in the tests is there?

Nope, but if they've passed the test, would they really want to be in a position where nobody can watch the team play?

Guest neesy111

I dont see what any of this has to do with the owners and directors tests? Theres no questions of TV rights in the tests is there?

Nope, but if they've passed the test, would they really want to be in a position where nobody can watch the team play?

Or only option is to pirate streams.

I think banning the Saudi people watch us for a few seasons might be a good thing, we're absolutely shocking and it will take time to rebuild.

Guest godzilla

Unless they have legally extracted KSA from the regional territory leaving it open for a new deal

I think banning the Saudi people watch us for a few seasons might be a good thing, we're absolutely shocking and it will take time to rebuild.

Just fake it like North Korea, who incidentally have just completed a £300m deal to buy us according to state tv.

Can't see how this takeover will proceed if there's currently no way the Saudi population can (legally) watch their team play, in this instance NUFC.

Any suggestion BEIN would split the rights is totally fanciful, in the context of this fractious geopolitical war.

Either be paid for something they currently get nothing for, or risk losing all rights and close down from next year.

These international broadcasting regions, which organisation sets them?  Are these regions specific to the Premier League and are therefore just an issue for PL football, or is it something implemented by a body like FIFA for the broadcasting rights of world football? 

Guest neesy111

These international broadcasting regions, which organisation sets them?  Are these regions specific to the Premier League and are therefore just an issue for PL football, or is it something implemented by a body like FIFA for the broadcasting rights of world football? 

By the rights owner e.g. the league.