Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Is this the week, is today the day ?

Getting ready for work, got my takeover play list going on the Sonos, Knopfler’s whey aye man, followed by manillows oh mandy.

What a time I’ve almost forgot where in the middle of a national crisis.

Saudi Arabia has a population of 34 million, they aren't all involved in what happens in Yemen or getting rid of journalists, so people wearing tea towels isn't a big deal

Defending the SA regime and attacking Hatice Cengiz is just wrong though

They would be wearing the tea towels in tribute to the people who are bombing Yemen and getting rid of journalists though

In your imagination bubba

Give me a different explanation so

Daft Geordie humour? Same way as you get pillocks dressing up as kangaroos to support Australia in cricket, or the Barmy army wearing silly costumes around the world supporting England. Not everything is meant to be taken seriously, even if it may look support for evil regimes to some eyes.I really think these people wearing tea towels are just having a laugh, I doubt their intentions are evil. Abusing Khashoggi's wife is a different level.

Saudi Arabia has a population of 34 million, they aren't all involved in what happens in Yemen or getting rid of journalists, so people wearing tea towels isn't a big deal

They would be wearing the tea towels in tribute to the people who are bombing Yemen and getting rid of journalists though

Daft Geordie humour? Same way as you get pillocks dressing up as kangaroos to support Australia in cricket, or the Barmy army wearing silly costumes around the world supporting England. Not everything is meant to be taken seriously, even if it may look support for evil regimes to some eyes.I really think these people wearing tea towels are just having a laugh, I doubt their intentions are evil. Abusing Khashoggi's wife is a different level.

I agree with this, it’s daft excitement. Personally I wouldn’t do it but that’s not my kinda humour

I agree with this, it’s daft excitement. Personally I wouldn’t do it but that’s not my kinda humour

It's toilet humour. These are the sorts of people who will buy a spotify account to listen to Sweet Caroline and Penny Arcade on repeat, whilst swilling their fosters and going to watch England play cricket "for the atmosphere".

Regarding FFP, who decides what the cap is in terms of how much a sponsor can pay for example? 2007 for example we were making more than Spurs and 2/3s of what Arsenal & Liverpool were. It’s less than 1/4 now. If the commercial income triples it’d still be 25-40% lower than those three, could we not get around FFP saying these are the figures a club like this should be getting but were held back?

I seem to recall Northern Rock over paying a few years back on the condition the money went on a player.  That way they go additional value through their sponsorship.  I’m guessing that sort of stuff would not be allowed.  Although I guess it could be commercially argued that a company could pay 200 million over the odds with these sort of conditions meaning we went higher in the league benefiting them.  I’m just making this up and it is early days, we’re not taken over and we do not know the business plan of the new owners yet.

Hopefully our commercial revenue will sky rocket with Ashley leaving, freeing up all that advertising space all over the stadium. A new shirt sponsor and new shirt manufacturer deal.  The back of Ashley might see an initial rise of merchandise sales as people re engage with the club.

It's toilet humour. These are the sorts of people who will buy a spotify account to listen to Sweet Caroline and Penny Arcade on repeat, whilst swilling their fosters and going to watch England play cricket "for the atmosphere".

Also agree with this :lol:

Aye. The 10,000 free season-tickets were probably worth £5-6m over a full season too. I reckon ticket revenue and corporates could bring in a decent wedge if ticket prices rise to move more in line with other clubs around us.

Our ticket prices are higher than every other club around us. The only clubs more expensive than us are Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea. We're more expensive than Man City.

Ashley's cheap tickets were always a bit of a myth which many people fell for. For example standard 1 year season tickets in the East Stand have increased from £596 to £811 since he bought the club and from £457 to £659 in the Gallowgate and Leazes in his time here.