Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Don’t get me wrong, I’m conflicted as I have a friend whose parents are from SA and a friend from Yemen, that and I hate the idea of my club being owned by anyone/a business and I’m anti any cunts that abuse people’s rights and murder people. But unfortunately our game is as corrupt as our society is and Junkhead is right in some ways in that we are all part of it all, unintentionally or not. Me, I have a saying, I can’t feed the world. If I can try and be a good person, try and do MH bit RE environment, caring for my family and friends and looking out for others and if I can, try and look after or out for others other than me myself and I, well, my conscious is clear, if not concerned. I can’t choose who buys my club in the same way I can’t choose to opt out of filling my car up with petrol/diesel or who makes the shoes I wear on my feet. The world is unfair, unequal and we unfortunately are a cog in the system.

Why do people have some weird urge to like the owners?

The 13 years of Ashley's neglectful ownership has engendered the defensive discourse you're seeing across our fanbase

It's a symbolic break from an era of failure, no real surprise there's a desperation to repel anyone or anything that seeks to undermine what may be before it even gets going

People should remember the glee that greeted Ashley's arrival because nobody could be worse than Shepherd and maybe temper themselves a bit. It's not some sort of betrayal to view potential new owners with a significant degree of suspicion.

No one reading the at what cost thread so this one getting used?

Nobody in there for people to argue with.

Fuck off

:lol:

There may be a shred of truth in that

We should give credit to geordiedean. He has been the only person to universally bring everyone together since the start of this thread.

Is that the one that was rude to bin ladens mates wife?

We should get involved

Don’t get me wrong, I’m conflicted as I have a friend whose parents are from SA and a friend from Yemen, that and I hate the idea of my club being owned by anyone/a business and I’m anti any cunts that abuse people’s rights and murder people. But unfortunately our game is as corrupt as our society is and Junkhead is right in some ways in that we are all part of it all, unintentionally or not. Me, I have a saying, I can’t feed the world. If I can try and be a good person, try and do MH bit RE environment, caring for my family and friends and looking out for others and if I can, try and look after or out for others other than me myself and I, well, my conscious is clear, if not concerned. I can’t choose who buys my club in the same way I can’t choose to opt out of filling my car up with petrol/diesel or who makes the shoes I wear on my feet. The world is unfair, unequal and we unfortunately are a cog in the system.

The 13 years of Ashley's neglectful ownership has engendered the defensive discourse you're seeing across our fanbase

It's a symbolic break from an era of failure, no real surprise there's a desperation to repel anyone or anything that seeks to undermine what may be before it even gets going

People should remember the glee that greeted Ashley's arrival because nobody could be worse than Shepherd and maybe temper themselves a bit. It's not some sort of betrayal to view potential new owners with a significant degree of suspicion.

Agreed

However it nonetheless represents an opportunity for something new, which I think carries far greater weight for any fanbase

Will those who are against the takeover be boycotting the club?

This is not an inflammatory question, I'm just trying to understand to what extent does your moral outrage extends to?

The petrol argument was just an example (albeit not the greatest one) because there's very little scope to make a stand against that and I accept that as a reality, but surely boycotting the club is an easy decision and stance to take.

It's been answered a few times and I can't speak for anyone else, but I won't be giving them any money, for the nothing that it'll change, yeah. Presumably the people who didn't boycott the club while hating Ashley are hypocrites as well then?

Ahhh I've not read every reply but that's fair enough  :thup:

Hypocrites in what sense? That they now choose to boycott the club? If so, then no I dont think they are, I totally respect peoples objections to the takeover and I'm not taking the stance that they're wrong or "stupid" for those objections. I object to the notion that "whataboutery" is a redundant argument because I just dont believe it is, because for me, funding that regime is just as bad as supporting a club owned by it.

Either own your hypocrisies or take a more thorough stance against it rather than objecting loudly pre takeover and getting in line for a season ticket post takeover.

I cant get my head round protesting loudly but then putting money into their bank account anyway.

Well for one...they are buying NUFC for image purposes. Just because you dont want it to be true doesnt change it.

And...

You say they couldnt care less about their image yet they chop a journalist in pieces for writing negative articles about them. Right.

Lot of words there but very few of them based on reality.

They couldn’t care less, if they really cared about their image that badly or wanted some huge impacting positive PR they could rewrite the Quran in their kingdom to be some kind of fairytale utopian bible and their citizens would say nowt and blindly follow still.

Yeah. I'll smoke some of that :lol:

:thup: Absolute nonsense

Guest reefatoon

Don’t get me wrong, I’m conflicted as I have a friend whose parents are from SA and a friend from Yemen, that and I hate the idea of my club being owned by anyone/a business and I’m anti any c***s that abuse people’s rights and murder people. But unfortunately our game is as corrupt as our society is and Junkhead is right in some ways in that we are all part of it all, unintentionally or not. Me, I have a saying, I can’t feed the world. If I can try and be a good person, try and do MH bit RE environment, caring for my family and friends and looking out for others and if I can, try and look after or out for others other than me myself and I, well, my conscious is clear, if not concerned. I can’t choose who buys my club in the same way I can’t choose to opt out of filling my car up with petrol/diesel or who makes the shoes I wear on my feet. The world is unfair, unequal and we unfortunately are a cog in the system.

Which is completely true, but it also works the other way. I am not going to completely vilify new owners before they even get their feet through the door. It’s all about football for me. I want to be able to watch and enjoy the game again. If the new owners can bring that in then I am fine with that. I don’t worry about the backgrounds of any other clubs owners, it doesn’t interest me. Will be the same with ours for me personally. I’m in it for football reasons and football reasons only

You know we are brainwashed by our own government to believe what is right and wrong don’t you?

Absolutely. Which football club are they buying again?

The one you didn’t care about last month

The UK Government are buying us are they?

According to the logic of "nobody complained about the Saudis buying Sheff United!!1!", they already own us.

:lol: :thup:

Or should I say

NarrowImmediateKoi.gif

That is the point though like. A forum is for debate and arguments. It shouldn't just be an echo chamber, people should be allowed to give an opposing view or outline why a particular post is wrong, like HTT's above

This is not an inflammatory question, I'm just trying to understand to what extent does your moral outrage extends to?

The petrol argument was just an example (albeit not the greatest one) because there's very little scope to make a stand against that and I accept that as a reality, but surely boycotting the club is an easy decision and stance to take.

It's been answered a few times and I can't speak for anyone else, but I won't be giving them any money, for the nothing that it'll change, yeah. Presumably the people who didn't boycott the club while hating Ashley are hypocrites as well then?

Ahhh I've not read every reply but that's fair enough  :thup:

Hypocrites in what sense? That they now choose to boycott the club? If so, then no I dont think they are, I totally respect peoples objections to the takeover and I'm not taking the stance that they're wrong or "stupid" for those objections. I object to the notion that "whataboutery" is a redundant argument because I just dont believe it is, because for me, funding that regime is just as bad as supporting a club owned by it.

Either own your hypocrisies or take a more thorough stance against it rather than objecting loudly pre takeover and getting in line for a season ticket post takeover.

I cant get my head round protesting loudly but then putting money into their bank account anyway.

I'm not sure if we've got crossed wires here, but the second part of my post wasn't just for those now boycotting, I just mean anyone who did the bit in bold with Ashley as the owner. Do you think the people who hate Ashley (all of us) but have continued giving him money for the last 13 years are hypocrites? Or is it a bit more complicated than that?

Agreed

However it nonetheless represents an opportunity for something new, which I think carries far greater weight for any fanbase

Also we should be honest, how many people here really think the Saudis will run the club with the pound shop mentality of Ashley? I don't really see the point in making that comparison unless you think that is likely. In reality, most of us would expect them to invest a load of money in order to compete with Man City and their Qatari owners, just out of pride if nothing else. I find this type of comparison a bit disingenuous tbh.

Here’s 52 pages-worth of answers to your question:

https://www.newcastle-online.org/forum/index.php?topic=104068.0

That is the point though like. A forum is for debate and arguments. It shouldn't just be an echo chamber, people should be allowed to give an opposing view or outline why a particular post is wrong, like HTT's above

Well, wrong in your opinion, but a lot of what he said is right in mine.

:thup: Feel like the arguments in here normally start with someone having a go at hypocrisy or what have you, and the likes of KI, Mandoon or whoever giving their opinion to that. Isn't that how today's very bout started?

If you're going to bring that stuff up in the thread, expect the debates to then roll over in to this thread. :dontknow:

Coming from someone who's on neither side and finding the arguments tedious as fuck to scroll through looking for the slightest entertainment. :lol: But this is what a forum is for.

:thup: :thup: :thup:

I'll read through that, I didnt realise this was a taboo topic to talk about in this thread after still reading so many objections, but yeh, I'll leave it at that.

Not sure what's left to discuss until we get a decison then.

Exactly, if you want to just keep it to football, then just talk about football and what potentially could happen and leave the Saudis out of it.

If you want to start discussing the Saudis and their intentions then people are entitled to debunk what you've said

I'll read through that, I didnt realise this was a taboo topic to talk about in this thread after still reading so many objections, but yeh, I'll leave it at that.

I wouldn’t say it’s “taboo,” but it’s a question that’s been asked and answered ad nauseam over the past month.

Guest reefatoon

Exactly, if you want to just keep it to football, then just talk about football and what potentially could happen and leave the Saudis out of it.

If you want to start discussing the Saudis and their intentions then people are entitled to debunk what you've said

You say debunk, but disagree probably works better, as its people’s differing views, not those being wrong and you being right.

I wouldn’t say it’s “taboo,” but it’s a question that’s been asked and answered ad nauseam over the past month.

Yeh, that's fair enough, but then I assume most of what's been said and is being said has already been said.

Every point and counter point has been made so what is there left to discuss? I don't post that often so I only replied to a point that seemed relevant at the time because the person making that objection was annoyingly dismissive of a perfectly valid point.

You say debunk, but disagree probably works better, as its people’s differing views, not those being wrong and you being right.

Fair enough, my point stands either way

When someone does something like conflate the Saudi State who are buying us, with the UK government who aren't, or they conflate private Saudi investors who bought Sheff Utd with the Saudi state who are buying us, that's a differing view but it's still also wrong like.