Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

According to the all knowing Mackems this Paul Smith bloke has been outed as a bullshitter and was peddled by The Sun a few years ago... https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/march-to-may-2020-newcastle-ufc.1507830/post-31691560

Very seldom I agree with them but they're probably right about this one.

I have feeling he’s talking s#%t, but nice to see the mackems clinging to every last hope that this doesn’t happen.

this about sums it up, from reddit

A preemptive timeline:

Later on tonight there’ll be rumblings about tomorrow’s stories. Something negative will be said (PL Clubs object/bein)

We all go mental and start shitting ourselves again.

That one story gets picked up by a couple more outlets, mix in some Chinese whispers and things start to look very bad.

The chronicle starts pumping out 5 sentence articles based on the same shit.

Luke Edwards has a mini melt down and starts arguing with fans....again.

The weekend arrives with no news and we all lose our heads a bit more.

George Caulkin says no red flags and buyers are positive and we all relax again.

Repeat!

Announcement coming next week.  Sorry I can't say more

The week starting tomorrow?

That’s the week I’m hearing

I too heard that next week starts tomorrow.

Wasn't last week next week?

Announcement coming next week.  Sorry I can't say more

The week starting tomorrow?

That’s the week I’m hearing

I too heard that next week starts tomorrow.

Wasn't last week next week?

Next week will be last week. #wait

Well i told you once

And i told you twice

But you never listen

To my advice

🙃

How Jagger and Richards got 100% royalties from (The) Verve over this song should give us all hope what lawyers are capable of if takeover gets knocked back. Pleased if surprised they returned them 22 years later to Ashcroft.

Wasn't that version though Elfster, it was the Andrew Loog Oldham Orchestra, then Stones manager version.  It's on YouTube, but for some reason I don't seem to be able to post links on my phone at the moment.

Yeah I know just always thought it was tyrannical that J&R got 100% song credit for it. Someone messed up at Verve’s end and didn’t get the orchestral version (sampled) authorised so when they approached the notorious Rolling Stones lawyers offering 50/50 thinking they were being more than generous they left the meeting with big fat 0!

Was only when their lawyer died (iirc...or retired!) that Verve‘s people approached them again and walked away with full songwriting credit as J&R felt uneasy about it all these years apparently.

On the downside with Ashcroft getting the money it means less incentive for him to get the Verve back together sadly.

Clearly this can't go on forever.  There has to be a decision either way. Just have a feeling it will be next week.  Least we'lll know where we are once a decision is finally made.

Tomorrow is the day.

Nah. Its only this bit thats not fun. The feeling of Ashley being confirmed out will be immense.

Yeah, I meant the fun has been taken out of the process. Instead of speculating excitedly about what new ownership will do for the club and city, we now have moral and practical clouds overshadowing it.

Clearly this can't go on forever.  There has to be a decision either way. Just have a feeling it will be next week.  Least we'lll know where we are once a decision is finally made.

:lol: what if there is no tomorrow though? There was no today

The Telegraph is reporting that the premier league clubs are set to go ahead with restarting the league on June 19th. Hopefully that speeds things up a bit for us once Project Restart is approved.

Careful now. STM[/member] will be along soon to laugh at you for talking sense like that.

Tomorrow is the day.

Tomorrow is another day

The sun will come out, allegedly.