Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Guest The Little Waster

Makes sense to announce it at same time as restart then takes some of the heat off

I don’t understand why everyone are getting their Knickers in a twist, the PL have to get project restart announced first as that is more important, so can’t be seen to be giving priority to our takeover

yeah this is highly complex legal and financial stuff involving different legal codes as SA is involved it was always going to take a fair bit of time and thats without taking into account a pandemic and trying to work out something to finish the league to put off potential refunds in the hundered of millions of pounds to tv companies and then you have the 20 premier league clubs squablling on how to finish the league. And your surprised its taking a while? And ultimately its a secondary priority for the league right now because once again the largest Pandemic in 100 years they have more important things to do right now and whether or not some rich saudis take over a club can wait

Yawn, highly complex. Nothing is highly complex if you are trained and experienced in it. It's a purchase of a football club, not brain surgery. Like I said, if they don't have enough resources to handle this at the moment, you hire someone who does. There will be decent legal firms out there who would love to work on something like this. If they have the capacity to inject as much new capital into the game as is proposed they can't afford to let this just crawl along because 'pandemic'. Real big business doesn't stop because of this virus.

I stand by what I say. It shouldn't take this long. Now that doesn't mean I think it's gonna fail or anything. I just think the PL are getting shown up as incompetent fools.

Genuine question. How many football club purchases have you been involved in?

From my laymans view point, this would seem like a very complex process.

yeah this is highly complex legal and financial stuff involving different legal codes as SA is involved it was always going to take a fair bit of time and thats without taking into account a pandemic and trying to work out something to finish the league to put off potential refunds in the hundered of millions of pounds to tv companies and then you have the 20 premier league clubs squablling on how to finish the league. And your surprised its taking a while? And ultimately its a secondary priority for the league right now because once again the largest Pandemic in 100 years they have more important things to do right now and whether or not some rich saudis take over a club can wait

Yawn, highly complex. Nothing is highly complex if you are trained and experienced in it. It's a purchase of a football club, not brain surgery. Like I said, if they don't have enough resources to handle this at the moment, you hire someone who does. There will be decent legal firms out there who would love to work on something like this. If they have the capacity to inject as much new capital into the game as is proposed they can't afford to let this just crawl along because 'pandemic'. Real big business doesn't stop because of this virus.

I stand by what I say. It shouldn't take this long. Now that doesn't mean I think it's gonna fail or anything. I just think the PL are getting shown up as incompetent fools.

shut up and make an app to do it robster

I'm honestly not even sure how I'm going to react if/when it's confirmed. This whole saga has just completely drained me of excitement. :lol: Think it'll more just be relief.

I'd usually plump for drinking heavily and pulling my knob off, but thanks to Coronavirus I've had this covered for 9 weeks.

:lol: Treat yourself to a day off when it's announced.

:lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

Think of how long it takes to buy a house and just the process involved in that... now multiply that by hundreds of billions to buy a football club and the process involved.

Friday, 3.00pm announcement.

When you consider the owners and directors test is just a DBS check to see if they have broken any always and a look at the bank balance, it is laughable that it’s taken nearly 8 weeks to do it.

Think of how long it takes to buy a house and just the process involved in that... now multiply that by hundreds of billions to buy a football club and the process involved.

Thing is though, that doesn’t make sense. A house has to have a survey done it, mortgage companies have to sign off on it, estate agents need the money sitting in their account to gain the interest for as long as possible etc. The Premier League checks are simply basic tests that me or you would have to take before going to work in a call centre for a company who deals with money or offers finance to customers.

If you are reading the plane watch thread several Saudi planes have gone to Farnborough in the last 24hrs and now Ashley’s chopper has just landed near there as well.

When you consider the owners and directors test is just a DBS check to see if they have broken any always and a look at the bank balance, it is laughable that it’s taken nearly 8 weeks to do it.

It cannot possibly be as simple as that, man :lol:

That’s incorrect, the owners and directors test changed a few years ago and is now far more in depth

Thing is though, that doesn’t make sense. A house has to have a survey done it, mortgage companies have to sign off on it, estate agents need the money sitting in their account to gain the interest for as long as possible etc. The Premier League checks are simply basic tests that me or you would have to take before going to work in a call centre for a company who deals with money or offers finance to customers.

Are you actually reading what you are writing?

Buying a 300 million pound business is the same as getting a job in a call centre? Come on, man.

And that's aside from the political angle that we have here too.

Didn’t they supposedly publish a 350 page document to the league? Maybe they are being punished for being so detailed and giving the league so much work 😂

Stifler sent in a 420 page document when he applied to the Barclays call centre in Doxford Park tbf.

Are you actually reading what you are writing?

Buying a 300 million pound business is the same as getting a job in a call centre? Come on, man.

And that's aside from the political angle that we have here too.

No, the Premier League owners and directors test is limited, that’s all I said. This exact part of the process is a fairly straight forward and simple process. All they are doing is looking for a conviction and a lack of funds, or previous financial mismanagement.

It could be all down to making it legally watertight.

Either for the legal battle from PIF if its rejected or, the legal battle with piracy from Bein if its accepted. Who knows whats in the

broadcast  contract between the PL and Bein.

The amount of paper work involved will be unreal. I imagine the PL will want the names of every company set up by AS/Reubens/PIF, to check none of them went under. I mean, there could have been hundreds set up with companies house, that means hundreds of bits of paperwork, all needing checked.

It will be complex as fuck. Still... I wish they would hurry the fuck up.

Guest Gazibaldi

None, but I've been involved in building enterprise level software for countless different types of business for the last 20 years (including financial software for multinational organisations with 5,000 employees). We've been brought in to build systems based on complex business rules we initially have no idea about. Nothing is that complex when you break it down. 6 weeks is more than enough to decide whether a group of people are 'fit and proper' to run our football club.

I've gone off topic too long from my simple passing comment. Let's get back to tracking flights and talking about having a shit.

Report won't be published until mid-June. No doubt the PL will wait to review it. :rolleyes: How long can they hold it up? Honestly isn't there a limit, it cant just sit on someones desk for months and months.