Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

None of these rags have been right about it supposedly getting confirmed in the next few days when they called it, so hopefully they’re wrong about this too.

Caulkin was tweeting this afternoon and didn’t seem concerned and that Podcast will be available soon too.

That was recorded before this broke

True, but surely if they’ve had these documents for 2 weeks AS and co will be well aware and therefore GC will be too.

None of these rags have been right about it supposedly getting confirmed in the next few days when they called it, so hopefully they’re wrong about this too.

Caulkin was tweeting this afternoon and didn’t seem concerned and that Podcast will be available soon too.

But the PL have had this report from the WTO since the 11th.

Guest chopey

I have so many doubts, but when I sit back and take stock of the whole situation it would be so much easier to let this go through than it would to go through the clusterfuck of an appeal that gets the government involved and puts other commercial interests in jeopardy.

The Premier league are making a point to look like they are doing a full check.

There is to much at stake for this not to happen.

Guest godzilla

See if GK, Burt or Richardson come out with anything later on

Richardsons already replied to it

Mind his response didn't fill me with confidence.

Remember - we are getting the news two weeks after the PL did. They did not reject the deal out of hand. I don't think any of this will have been a surprise to the buyers - they would have known about the piracy issues, the WTO report, the human rights abuses, all of it. Nothing unexpected has occurred from their perspective. From ours, it is - we get the information very late. But this has all been taken into account already.

It's clear how legally complex this is and why it would be taking so long. Not that it isn't excruciating.

Guest reefatoon

It’s going to be a privilege watching them build the most successful Football club in the world in a different country, when our takeover fails.

True, but surely if they’ve had these documents for 2 weeks AS and co will be well aware and therefore GC will be too.

Yeah I just mean they won’t be making a specific comment about tonight’s news

Guest godzilla

You would certainly hope so

You would certainly hope so

Yeah they will be I just mean he won’t have commented on these new articles from tonight

I have so many doubts, but when I sit back and take stock of the whole situation it would be so much easier to let this go through than it would to go through the clusterfuck of an appeal that gets the government involved and puts other commercial interests in jeopardy.

The Premier league are making a point to look like they are doing a full check.

There is to much at stake for this not to happen.

This is basically where I’m at too.

I think it’s absurd to suggest that the PL has a vested interest in blocking the takeover. It adds considerable value to their product and potentially opens a bidding war for broadcast rights in the Middle East. I’ll not believe the Premier League gives one single fuck about human rights. Liability for blocking the takeover on anything other than rock solid legal grounds invites the sort of litigious raping Staveley gave Barclays.

Sure, rival clubs are shit scared and desperate to block the deal, but they have no actual power beyond media noise. Same goes for Human Rights observers, Qatari broadcasters and biased journalists. All they can do is make noise.

Will anyone watch us if this falls through? even the support the team lads will surely pack it up after this?

People have kept saying that after every setback, but these last few years especially have proven that there will always be room for that portion of the fanbase to rationalise any situation to lead them back.

Guest The Little Waster

If this doesnt go through and its back to Bacon features etc then at least another ten thousand would walk away imo , mind you , still in the cup

I've really felt since the start the premier league really would rather not let this go through because of the piracy issue alone, dunno if this WTO report will provide them the cover legally they need to reject it so wait and see

Guest godzilla

He literally said checks where complete on Friday.

That's two responses from him and Richardson who both said this and have backtracked a bit.

Guest godzilla

He literally said checks where complete on Friday.

That's two responses from him and Richardson who both said this and have backtracked a bit.

Caulkin to complete the Hat-trick?

Well he is very quiet so far