Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

I wonder how much money this deal is actually worth to the Premier League? Saudi investment into the brand and tv rights etc. I’m guessing it’ll be a lot. Enough that I’d assume they’re looking for reasons to approve it anyway. That’s what I’m pinning my hopes on right now.

The last deal Sky paid £6.4bill and BT paid £1.4bill for 3 years rights. Cant find the Bein Sports payment?

Said this a while ago. Football is losing money because of COVID, the PL will use this to negotiate with the Saudis and get a better deal than they have with bein for the TV rights. Qatar have very little input outside of the TV deal. They bought the wrong club in the wrong league.

It will be interesting to see how Qatar react.

Will they turn their back on the Premier League? Or will they go all out and buy Leeds in an attempt to show Saudi Arabia and the UAE that they aren’t going to have the North of England and Premier League to themselves?

Leeds are a really attractive club for a money-no-object foreign investor. I was always worried the Saudis might switch to them if Ashley fucked them around too much.

Leeds are tiny compared to us in terms of fanbase and they'd need to bulld a brand new stadium for starters. West Ham would be a better bet. I think they'd try for them before Leeds.

Leeds were getting 40k attendances in the championship. As Stifler has said, they will also probably tap into a lot of Yorkshire's fan base if they ever hit the big time again as it is the major city in the county, and probably still recognised as a major waypoint in England.

Not that I want them to be bought, we have enough competition already through other mega rich clubs, but if I was an investor looking for a club with CL potential and big club appeal, that would be the one I'd go for rather than another London club.

It would certainly piss the London clubs off with the potential wealth concentrated in the north ;D

I wonder how much money this deal is actually worth to the Premier League? Saudi investment into the brand and tv rights etc. I’m guessing it’ll be a lot. Enough that I’d assume they’re looking for reasons to approve it anyway. That’s what I’m pinning my hopes on right now.

The last deal Sky paid £6.4bill and BT paid £1.4bill for 3 years rights. Cant find the Bein Sports payment?

Said this a while ago. Football is losing money because of COVID, the PL will use this to negotiate with the Saudis and get a better deal than they have with bein for the TV rights. Qatar have very little input outside of the TV deal. They bought the wrong club in the wrong league.

It will be interesting to see how Qatar react.

Will they turn their back on the Premier League? Or will they go all out and buy Leeds in an attempt to show Saudi Arabia and the UAE that they aren’t going to have the North of England and Premier League to themselves?

Leeds are a really attractive club for a money-no-object foreign investor. I was always worried the Saudis might switch to them if Ashley fucked them around too much.

Leeds are tiny compared to us in terms of fanbase and they'd need to bulld a brand new stadium for starters. West Ham would be a better bet. I think they'd try for them before Leeds.

Leeds were getting 40k attendances in the championship. As Stifler has said, they will also probably tap into a lot of Yorkshire's fan base if they ever hit the big time again as it is the major city in the county, and probably still recognised as a major waypoint in England.

Not that I want them to be bought, we have enough competition already through other mega rich clubs, but if I was an investor looking for a club with CL potential and big club appeal, that would be the one I'd go for rather than another London club.

They've never had 40k in the Championship. When we played them 3 years ago the crowd was 36k and that was their biggest league gate for almost a decade. 4 years ago they were getting lots of sub 20k crowds for league games. They have a very fickle following.

To be fair they've had quite a few seasons of nothingness in the middle of the Championship. Enough to turn anyone off. Even when we won it under Rafa it was brutal.

Jesus. Really makes me feel old when I realise how long certain clubs have actually been out of the PL. Leeds still feel like they're traditionally a PL club to me yet they've been out of it for half my life. :lol:

Jesus. Really makes me feel old when I realise how long certain clubs have actually been out of the PL. Leeds still feel like they're traditionally a PL club to me yet they've been out of it for half my life. :lol:

They've been out of the top flight for more than half of their existence as well.

They've never had 40k in the Championship. When we played them 3 years ago the crowd was 36k and that was their biggest league gate for almost a decade. 4 years ago they were getting lots of sub 20k crowds for league games. They have a very fickle following.

I wouldn't want to call them fickle when their club has been run so terribly. Of all sets of fans, we should empathise with that.

I wouldn't want to call them fickle when their club has been run so terribly. Of all sets of fans, we should empathise with that.

Difference is rightly or wrongly a terribly run NUFC were still getting 45k+. Leeds were getting under 20k for many games. As I say you can't compare the two fanbases.

Difference is rightly or wrongly a terribly run NUFC were still getting 45k+. Leeds were getting under 20k for many games. As I say you can't compare the two fanbases.

Maybe their fans are better for staying away ?

We started the Championship season under Hughton with about 36k. If we'd been shite it would have been interesting.

Maybe their fans are better for staying away ?

I doubt that's how any potential new owners would look at it. They've got better fans because they won't turn up when things aren't going their way. Nah.

Slowly?

It's a 'he' :frantic:

Slowly narrowing it down

Slowly? In one fell swoop, he's ruled out 50% of the world population in a single tweet.

If he keeps that up, in 32 more tweets time we'll know exactly who it is. Just got to pay attention to the clues now.