Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

I read the piece titled, ARE PREMIER LEAGUE STILL PLAYING FOR TIME ON NEWCASTLE TAKEOVER. On themag. And what they are saying on there just explains clearly what the F A are hoping for By Dragging there heels and playing for time. As they go on to say eight weeks is a joke. They are just waiting

for one of these

things to happen to make their life easier. The Government to intervene. Either the seller or the buyers to pull out, or some new evidence to make their decision a simple one. As the WTO report becomes public on the 15th June. I don't think one of the big six would still be waiting for news, If it was them being taken over. The F A is going to destroy our club. If this keeps going on.

this thread man.  the only thing to do these days is go straight to the most recent post and you'll see if anything has happened.  If this is the current most recent post i can tell you f*** all has changed

I jst scroll down the page to see if there are any tweets embeded. If there is, I stop to read what its about. If not, fuck it I go to the next page.

This is the way

this thread man.  the only thing to do these days is go straight to the most recent post and you'll see if anything has happened.  If this is the current most recent post i can tell you f*** all has changed

I jst scroll down the page to see if there are any tweets embeded. If there is, I stop to read what its about. If not, fuck it I go to the next page.

This is the way

How did you both find that post, then?

This is the way

Was the most recent post when I went on

Cluck the new button

Jesus , another painful thread!

For what its worth , i truly believe the deal is done.

I suspect the delays are more to do with the new owners getting the house in order before any announcement.i actualy believe the deal has been done for a couple of weeks.

Guest chopey

How much have they spent on other investments in the time this takeover has took, I know we've had Covid19 to deal with but its no longer looking like a thorough check, its looking like incompetence. 

This is the way

Was the most recent post when I went on

Cluck the new button

This means the last post you read was the one previous. Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

or maybe the dont like the prospect of newcastle becoming top dogs

Why would they care?

One of their big 'money making' teams (Man Utd/Man City/Liverpool/Chelsea/Arsenal/Tottenham) will miss out being in the top 6, and they're will be a few years gap in their finances till Newcastle have enough of a following abroad to replace it.

Guest Howaythetoon

The PL only care about money, they will need a new investment into the brand and future partners which is what all member clubs are really. The more the merrier. There will be some clubs who will object to the takeover, but there is nothing any of them can do to influence the PL. There is no grande conspiracy against NUFC/Geordies man :lol:

The PL only care about money, they will need a new investment into the brand and future partners which is what all member clubs are really. The more the merrier. There will be some clubs who will object to the takeover, but there is nothing any of them can do to influence the PL. There is no grande conspiracy against NUFC/Geordies man :lol:

No it's no conspiracy, but could potentially disrupt their cash flow for a few years and no business likes uncertainty in their figures beyond annual growth. If Newcastle got into the top regions of the league they'd probably suffer a drop at least initially, and this has the potential to disrupt their growth plans for the next few years.

Would be interesting to see what kind of hit they took when Leicester won a few years back. Almost a pity it was pretty much a one off (despite this seasons good form). Football reputations and finances generally change pretty quickly barring some exceptions based on massively extended success. We're probably the best example, showing how quick and easy it is to fall behind. From being one of the biggest earners in mid-90's and a couple of years early 2000's we've gone to a club just making up the numbers. A few better decisions over the last 15 years and it could easily have been us sitting in the Tottenham/Arsenal/Liverpool situation.

No it's no conspiracy, but could potentially disrupt their cash flow for a few years and no business likes uncertainty in their figures beyond annual growth. If Newcastle got into the top regions of the league they'd probably suffer a drop at least initially, and this has the potential to disrupt their growth plans for the next few years.

Would be interesting to see what kind of hit they took when Leicester won a few years back. Almost a pity it was pretty much a one off (despite this seasons good form). Football reputations and finances generally change pretty quickly barring some exceptions based on massively extended success. We're probably the best example, showing how quick and easy it is to fall behind. From being one of the biggest earners in mid-90's and a couple of years early 2000's we've gone to a club just making up the numbers. A few better decisions over the last 15 years and it could easily have been us sitting in the Tottenham/Arsenal/Liverpool situation.

Doubt the idea of their league having the two richest owners in world football competing against each other would be seen as a negative like.

Guest neesy111

Why did they not reject Man City take over bid then?  Man City were dog shit before that and had less of a global reach than us.

There was no takeover test then.

Why did they not reject Man City take over bid then?  Man City were dog shit before that and had less of a global reach than us.

There was no takeover test then.

Yes there was.

Their former owner was pressured by the Premier League to sell after an arrest warrant for him was issued and his assets frozen, meaning he had no money to run the club.

As the Premier League had urged him to sell, and he had no money to keep the club going, they weren’t in a position to reject it.