Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Given after all of this time they're still answering questions this week and frustration seems to be building it isn't looking that promising is it? I know this is all guesswork but given the slight shift in narrative, particularly from Caulkin it doesn't seem like a takeover that is imminently closing to a positive conclusion does it? If you compare it to about 2-3 weeks back it looked like it was going to be a formality.

I think this is the first time I'm having a proper wobble over it.

Seems to me that it will still most likely go through, just that it suits the PL committee to let it drag on for a while to make sure everyone has pitched in and had their say. It will probably hinder any plans the new owners have in place for recruitment and development, but they don't really have much option but to see it out at this stage.

It's getting about more than just fans unrest. No way we lose Matty had this already gone through. Players are in limbo and there is uncertainty with players and coaches. It will likely be an excuse for terrible performances coming up.

I can definitely see this mind

Bruce will allude to it in press conferences and certain sections of the media will draw the same conclusions

Guest Butcher

That confirms they view PIF as the equivalent of KSA government then surely.

Not happening. We're stuck with Ashley.

:lol: christ

It's getting about more than just fans unrest. No way we lose Matty had this already gone through. Players are in limbo and there is uncertainty with players and coaches. It will likely be an excuse for terrible performances coming up.

Bruce will allude to it in press conferences and certain sections of the media will draw the same conclusions

I'm gonna bet against us in every game.

Fairly sure, come the end of the season, I'll be well up.

Also, wonder if they do bets for most injuries to first team players after restart? We'll be nailed on.

he knows that they are still answering questions. why do people continue to attack him? jesus christ the man hates MA and has built a decent relationship with our potential new owners and answers questions he doesn't have to all the time to try and be transparent with people.

Guest godzilla

So basically he knows pretty much nothing then  :lol:

Yep he’s as much in the dark as every other journalist.

Yep

I'm gonna bet against us in every game.

Fairly sure, come the end of the season, I'll be well up.

Also, wonder if they do bets for most injuries to first team players after restart? We'll be nailed on.

Bruce was the only manager who was publicly panicking over restarting the season when it was first mooted due to lack of fitness, so it's a fair bet to assume we'll be one of the worst prepared teams.

Chris Wilder in comparison, was saying there was no excuse for teams not to have their squads fit and ready in time.

he knows that they are still answering questions. why do people continue to attack him? jesus christ the man hates MA and has built a decent relationship with our potential new owners and answers questions he doesn't have to all the time to try and be transparent with people.

Well said Kanji.  Unbelievable some people.

So basically he knows pretty much nothing then  :lol:

Yep he’s as much in the dark as every other journalist.

He, and Chris, are by far the most ITK, but of course they won't know every little detail.

Yep and Jason Burt, however they all seem to be as surprised as any of us that this hasn’t been done yet after what they had been told.

Caulkin should just come up with a catchy 3 word slogan to describe the current state of things as he's far as aware. Then obviously just parrot it to every idiot who asks him the same question hundreds of times a day. Works a treat.

Guest godzilla

Suspect the exec board rejected the recommendations of the officers undertaking the test so it’s had to go back.

In what way rejected?