Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

I think the general thought is that KSA have found a legal loophole/excuse to terminate beIN in their territory, which they believe would render their contract in the MENA region invalid and allow them to negotiate a new deal.

This has already happened with Asian football rights. Bein was found guilty of selling unsuitable packages, breaking the contract and lost the rights to those regions, inc KSA.

Same is happening with PL.

Guest neesy111

I think the general thought is that KSA have found a legal loophole/excuse to terminate beIN in their territory, which they believe would render their contract in the MENA region invalid and allow them to negotiate a new deal.

This has already happened with Asian football rights. Bein was found guilty of selling unsuitable packages, breaking the contract and lost the rights to those regions, inc KSA.

They only lost the rights in KSA.  Same deal applied everywhere else, but they didn't come to a new deal.

https://www.arabianbusiness.com/media/429927-asian-football-confederation-pitches-broadcast-rights-for-the-uae

They only lost the rights in KSA.  Same deal applied everywhere else, but they didn't come to a new deal.

https://www.arabianbusiness.com/media/429927-asian-football-confederation-pitches-broadcast-rights-for-the-uae

They broadcast directly from Asia now as agreed by their leagues, cut out the middle man (bein)

Window opens in 12 days. Ownership of the club needs to be sorted by then surely?

Yes, I mentioned this a while back.

I see the 27th July as the very last day approval will be given, hopefully it will be before that, otherwise we could really lose out on some top players.

Window opens in 12 days. Ownership of the club needs to be sorted by then surely?

I see the 27th July as the very last day approval will be given, hopefully it will be before that, otherwise we could really lose out on some top players.

As if the premier league care if we miss out on top players.

:lol: oh good, another deadline for people to fixate themselves with.

The Premier League have shown they don't give a shit about our club being rudderless and directionless during this entire process of 15 weeks. Why would the window being open change that?

:lol: oh good, another deadline for people to fixate themselves with.

The Premier League have shown they don't give a s*** about our club being rudderless and directionless during this entire process of 15 weeks. Why would the window being open change that?

Correct.

There's no timeframe and the PL won't make a decision until they are totally confident in being legally watertight.

Could be the case that they delay it well into the transfer window. It means the immediate impact of our takeover would be less. Give people chance to get used to it before we start really splashing out!

Could be the case that they delay it well into the transfer window. It means the immediate impact of our takeover would be less. Give people chance to get used to it before we start really splashing out!

No.

Ditto. Season finishes 26th.

Could see the Saudis actually splashing a multi-million pounds, multi-year deal with the PL to get the rights to show the league in Saudi. PL can't possibly turn it down since it would stop piracy and ensure money keeps flowing into their accounts. They could cite this as a special case that involves complexity and geo-politics for granting Saudis its own rights.

An in your face statement to the Qataris too of course.