Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Can't argue with most of what they say in the letter, the Saudi's are pretty despicable however much we all want a new owner. Fortunately all Boris and Co are interested in is making money via dodgy arms deals so I doubt this will make any difference.

I wish those pesky MPs had something else to do, it's been a very quiet few months what with the global pandemic and the entire economy going to shit that will take a generation to sort.

The Qatari shilling buys you a lot it seems

Given that Masters is still pondering the formation of the Premier League I'm not concerned.

He'll wake up in the middle of August celebrating Brian Deane's goal

:lol:

So who are these MPs?  I mean we keep hearing this kind of thing, several times there have been reports of letters from various numbers of MPs.  But I haven't seen any specific names mentioned.  Anyone know who they are?

Edit: Ah so the article actually names them this time.

Back handed envelope MPs sent from Qatar.

Guest godzilla

So who are these MPs?  I mean we keep hearing this kind of thing, several times there have been reports of letters from various numbers of MPs.  But I haven't seen any specific names mentioned.  Anyone know who they are?

The SNP one (Nicholson) and probably most vocal out of all of them has had several dealings with Qatar, as has his party, which should tell you everything. So have a couple of the others also.

Guest godzilla

f*** off Henry

Unsubstantiated source reporting good old Henry and the MPs (with links to Qatar) both in the same day, desperate last throw of the dice  :aww:

Guest godzilla

A charm offensive would be irrelevant, you pay the money and you can own the club.

Currently he can't even do that though, not for one second do I think he is genuine anyway in buying the club

Guest chopey

I read about this takeover everyday I'm very familiar with the matter and those MPs and that American can Fuck right off.

On Radio Newcastle about an hour ago (after the Donald interview), they said that a club insider had told them it was going to be announced tomorrow.

Did anyone else hear that? I’ve seen nothing at all on twitter or anything to confirm that?! Were my ears playing tricks on me?  :frantic:

On Radio Newcastle about an hour ago (after the Donald interview), they said that a club insider had told them it was going to be announced tomorrow.

Did anyone else hear that? I’ve seen nothing at all on twitter or anything to confirm that?! Were my ears playing tricks on me?  :frantic:

Ears kinda playing tricks, someone text in and they were taking the pics.

Anyway..

https://twitter.com/MoneyMikeAshley/status/1283825910202998785?s=20

From Bloomberg...

U.S. Media Boss Preps Charm Offensive for Newcastle United Bid

By David Hellier

July 16, 2020, 2:16 PM EDT

American businessman Henry Mauriss is preparing a charm offensive in the U.K. as he pushes ahead with his rival offer for Newcastle United Football Club, according to people familiar with the matter.

Mauriss is discussing hiring a public relations adviser to help sell the merits of his proposal to acquire the soccer team, the people said, asking not to be identified as discussions are private. He’s seeking to raise the profile of his bid with Premier League officials and Newcastle United supporters, according to one of the people.

The U.S. investor, who is chief executive officer of media group ClearTV, isn’t a well-known figure in Britain. He has already met Newcastle United’s billionaire owner Mike Ashley to discuss his bid, the people said.

Mauriss is prepared to offer 350 million pounds ($441 million) for the team, according to one person. That would top the 300 million-pound proposal from a consortium of investors led by Saudi Arabia’s sovereign wealth fund, which Ashley accepted earlier this year.

While Newcastle United fans have been supportive of the Saudi bid, hopeful that it will provide the surest way to inject funds into the club, there’s no certainty that deal will go through. The Premier League, which has the final say on takeovers of the U.K.’s top teams, has spent months deliberating the suitability of the proposed new owners.

Mauriss didn’t answer calls seeking comment. Representatives for Ashley did not respond to requests for comment by phone and text message. A representative for the Saudi-led consortium declined to comment.

Newcastle is one of the U.K.’s best-supported teams, regularly drawing crowds of more than 50,000 to its stadium in northeast England. Ashley has proven a divisive figure for its supporters during his 13 years in charge.

Angered by perceived mismanagement, fans staged boycotts and protests at home games prior to the coronavirus lockdown and will expect any new owners to invest in players to make the club more competitive. Newcastle has not won a major trophy for more than 50 years.

The consortium led by Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund also includes British businesswoman Amanda Staveley and billionaire brothers David and Simon Reuben.

A charm offensive would be irrelevant, you pay the money and you can own the club.

Currently he can't even do that though, not for one second do I think he is genuine anyway in buying the club

Yeah that’s what I was getting at like it’s irrelevant all the charm offensive if he actually had the money.

Keys is right. Tomorrow it is. There's no other reason for the last ditch efforts from the Qataris.

Also ties in nicely with what gorilla inboxed me. Cans of Heineken being stocked up as we speak. What's the forecast for tomorrow?