NUFC : Next Manager (Bruce is here forever)

Guest The Little Waster

Nufc Next Manager : Poch or Rafa ?  

343 members have voted

1. 1. Nufc Next Manager : Poch or Rafa ?

• Pochettino
    • Rafa

If the sale goes through then my first and only choice of a manager is Rafa. I adored the man and he felt very much connected to the place in the same way the likes of Robson and Keegan did. His achievements weren't comparable to those to (maybe Robson) but the emotional connection definitely was. For the tie to be severed in the way it was was wrong, unjust and extremely premature; we deserve to reset the clock at the end of 2017-18 with new owners who match his ambition. We can't do that though, so 2020 will have to do.

If it turns out to be someone else, fine, but I can't hang my hat on anyone other than Rafa.

I am good with any of those names tbh. Allegri or Poch would be very exciting appointments, and I would love to see us go to a more attacking style. But I do have an emotional attachment to Rafa, and he's probably the only cautious manager I would want at this club. It's not just emotional mind, he has also been one of the best managers in the world.

Pochettino for me. I love Rafa but it's time to move on.

That's the part I've never agreed with when it comes to Rafa. It's something I would say of Keegan, for various reasons, but not Rafa. He has just as much (I'd personally argue far more) unfinished business as Keegan, but in his case he's still a fantastic age for a manager, with just as many connections as he had ten years ago. He should never have left and he hasn't been away long.

It’s hard to say without understanding what the new owner’s strategy for club development will be.

Rafa would be number one if we have a more organic project over X years. Pochetino would be my second choice.

If it’s for instant success with prime elite players, then Allegri. Or Kinnear.

Guest neesy111

Poch as first team manager, Rafa as Sporting Director?

Can't see Rafa being Sporting Director type.  Wants to be on the training field.

Has to be Rafa for me regardless of what level of investment is going to be put into the club.

If the investment is significant anyone else that would never have touched us with a barge pole previously is here only for the money.

It may read overly dramatic but Rafa gave me my club back when I’d all but lost the love for it. I believed in his vision and with any level of investment with an intention to be better I believe he is the right man to execute it.

Guest reefatoon

At least we can take comfort in the prospect that if it isn't Rafa, it's going to be someone decent and not another useless yes man knacker.

I actually think Benitez will be the first choice given he actually introduced Staveley to the club. Whether he will break a contract is another thing, especially given the fact that he's employed so many over there and seems to have built a decent relationship with the Board and people involved at Dalian.

Keep seeing this shit of giving Bruce a chance. You literally cannot afford any mistakes - giving him money will be a mistake. Shake his hand, pay him off. End of.

Rafa deserves a shot at it with proper backing this time. Him coming to us when we were on course for relegation, staying and seeing out his contract is what seperates him from all the other top managers. None of them would have done that. Likes of pep goes from top club in the division to the next, never testing himself properly.

So that no one has to click the link

THE odds on Massimiliano Allegri becoming Newcastle's next manager have been slashed dramatically by bookies as the club's £350million takeover nears completion.

The Italian, 47, has been out of work since leaving Juventus at the end of the 2018-19 season.

Despite being linked with Manchester United earlier in the season, Allegri could now take on the top job at St James' Park.

The move would just be phase one of the North-East giants' desperate scheme to get back to the top of English football.

Allegri - who won five Serie A titles in his five seasons at Juventus - is now second-favourite at 6/1 with Paddy Power to take the role.

Rafa Benitez, who controversially left the Toon last summer after a fall-out with Mike Ashley and Co, is runaway favourite at 3/1.

Steven Gerrard (12/1), Sean Dyche, Roberto Martinez and Mauricio Pochettino (all 14/1) and Eddie Howe (16/1) are the others in contention.

But at 4/11 it looks most likely Steve Bruce will NOT be in charge for Newcastle's first game of the 2020-21 season - whenever it starts.

A spokesperson at Paddy Power said: “The new Newcastle owners no doubt want to get the max from their new investment – and it seems they want to get Max, too.

“Allegri would be something of a coup and will prompt an opposite reaction to what greeted the hiring of Steve Bruce last summer.”

Ashley is on the verge of selling Newcastle for a knockdown £300m to a group led by Amanda Staveley.

Sources claim Ashley has reduced his £340m asking price and official paperwork shows a deal is close with a Saudi Arabia-backed consortium which involves Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman.

A key document indicates Ashley is so keen to complete a sale he is ready to lend money to Staveley, the financier fronting the takeover, so she can fund her ten per cent share.

It is understood the Premier League is in the process of conducting the owners and directors test on the Staveley-led group — the final hurdle before the transaction could proceed.