NUFC : Next Manager (Bruce is here forever)

Guest The Little Waster

Nufc Next Manager : Poch or Rafa ?  

343 members have voted

1. 1. Nufc Next Manager : Poch or Rafa ?

• Pochettino
    • Rafa

I don't know too much about Nagelsmann Allegri etc. I really hope it will not be one of those grumpy managers who wants to argue all the time and make it all about themselves like Conte or Mourinho. Top choice is Rafa by a mile for me, Pocchetino would be different but also something I'd be delighted with.

I really hope they don't wait until the season is over though, a manager can make up his mind about a lot of the players and processes over 9 games, rather than coming in over a summer and straight into a new season. Get Bruce as far away as we can as soon as possible!

I'm always a beliver in 'never go back' but Benitez has so much unfinished business here. Plus the first 2-3 years are not about winning trophies it's about building a good story while the club gets its infrastructure in order following years of neglect. He's just the man for the job. He probably already has a ring binder containing exactly how he'd rebuild NUFC ready to go.

I'm always a beliver in 'never go back' but Benitez has so much unfinished business here. Plus the first 2-3 years are not about winning trophies it's about building a good story while the club gets its infrastructure in order following years of neglect. He's just the man for the job. He probably already has a ring binder containing exactly how he'd rebuild NUFC ready to go.

He literally did have a dossier and vision of how to build the club that he gave to charnley/ashley didn't he?

I imagine the new ownership will value the 'If Rafa can work for these lot (Saudi state, etc) - that's good enough for me.' line tremendously. His appointment would go far in appeasing fans who are uneasy about being owned by the Saudi PIF.

If there is a manager who can galvanise the club under new (somewhat controversial owners), it's Rafa.

He is the right man is every aspect: he will continue building his vision for the club, from the ground up, thoroughly and at the right pace. He will not likely sign players who 'don't want to be here' and he will go about presenting the club is the same professional way that he had been doing before.

Rafa is absolutely the man for this job. Would he have issues working for the Saudis though? I'd have to assume that he would have his reservations...

What about Rafa as a DoF of some design - using his talents to actually build the club - and a more up-and-coming manager running the squad?

Rafa is a coach first and foremost - he has the big picture in the mind, but he loves tactics and micro managing the team more than anything else on the earth.  Don't think he'd like a DOF role.

Cant see Rafa not wanting to be on the training ground and go DOF yet. He has too much unfinished business. Wouldnt rule out someone like Gerrard joining his setup and a future transition though.

Gerrard's not a fan of Rafa is he?

I'd love Rafa back but with a £20 million release clause that's not gonna happen no matter how much our apparently new owners have

depeneds if the budget is real as reported and is strict at 200 million do you think Rafa is worth more than a 20 million pound player?, I unfortunately think its more unlikely due to the fact I am sure I read he never likes to break his contracts so unless the club releases him he will see it out.

I'd love Rafa back but with a £20 million release clause that's not gonna happen no matter how much our apparently new owners have

depeneds if the budget is real as reported and is strict at 200 million do you think Rafa is worth more than a 20 million pound player?, I unfortunately think its more unlikely due to the fact I am sure I read he never likes to break his contracts so unless the club releases him he will see it out.

I forgot to add that point about him not breaking contacts or players trust (Rondon etc ) I could see him coming back as dof once the China plan is over

I would prefer we looked at alternatives to Rafa, I take all of the points about him having a blueprint and unfinished business etc, but i just wouldn't go back, it very rarely works.

We've fond memories of Benitez and rightly so, but i'd leave it there, personally.

Pochettino would be my first choice, I don't know enough about Allegri's style, but its obviously a very impressive CV! but Poch would be the one i'd go for.

I would prefer we looked at alternatives to Rafa, I take all of the points about him having a blueprint and unfinished business etc, but i just wouldn't go back, it very rarely works.

We've fond memories of Benitez and rightly so, but i'd leave it there, personally.

Pochettino would be my first choice, I don't know enough about Allegri's style, but its obviously a very impressive CV! but Poch would be the one i'd go for.

May I ask why? Not saying your wrong but Poch hasn't won anything so other than progressing teams and being younger than Rafa not sure how he out manages Rafa in any real area?

If they see Rafa as key to overseeing the whole operation and given the fact he knows exactly what’s needed and has the link with the fans and area then surely 20m is a small price to pay? I’m not saying it’ll definitely i don’t think 20m is an absurd amount in the wider context.