NUFC : Next Manager (Bruce is here forever)

Guest The Little Waster

Nufc Next Manager : Poch or Rafa ?  

343 members have voted

1. 1. Nufc Next Manager : Poch or Rafa ?

• Pochettino
    • Rafa

Would like the new owners to announce a deal with Pochettino for next season as soon as possible.

Then let Bruce finish this season. He's proud enough to be here and will finish the season in a good manner.

This season is all about to stay in the PL and 4-5 points from 9 games would be enough. Change manager now for a few games won't do any good.

Let Bruce finish this season and let Pochettino analyse what we've got and start the plans for next season.

This is exactly the sort of meaningless bullshit the papers peddle. What the fuck does this sentence even mean? And what relevance does the sentiment you are trying to portray have to the footballing decision of who is the best man to take the club forward?

Lol. He means he will still be motivated to do his best to finish as high up as possible for the remainder of the season. Rocking the boat could go tits up.

I agree, i also think as shit as he is he a professional and would do his job

I also think hes stupid enough to think he stands a chance at getting the job

Lol. He means he will still be motivated to do his best to finish as high up as possible for the remainder of the season. Rocking the boat could go tits up.

Yeah, no. I highly doubt anyone except maybe Shelvey will care.

Norwegian PL show on the takeover: "The most important thing for Newcastle after the takeover would be replacing Steve Bruce with Pochettino or another manager with a name. It doesn't matter how much money a club has, do you really think a world class player will want to come play for Steve Bruce?"

:lol:

Norwegian PL show on the takeover: "The most important thing for Newcastle after the takeover would be replacing Steve Bruce with Pochettino or another manager with a name. It doesn't matter how much money a club has, do you really think a world class player will want to come play for Steve Bruce?"

Well that is how a normal person would think instead we have this from the mirror

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mauricio-pochettino-must-think-long-22077056.amp

“But Bruce has done little wrong at St James’ Park and some stability would be ideal in a football world that, like everything other business, faces an unstable future”

They really want us to stay in the doldrums.

Give over. We are not a big club even with Saudi money. The article isn't far wrong. With FFP we will still struggle against the top teams and we are far off from playing in the Champions League. I wouldn't be suprised if Bruce signs a new contract.

Give over. We are not a big club even with Saudi money. The article isn't far wrong. With FFP we will still struggle against the top teams and we are far off from playing in the Champions League. I wouldn't be suprised if Bruce signs a new contract.

100% mackem  :lol:

Are you the mackem who keeps getting told to fuck off on Toontastic? Thought you would have picked a new name.

Well that is how a normal person would think instead we have this from the mirror

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mauricio-pochettino-must-think-long-22077056.amp

“But Bruce has done little wrong at St James’ Park and some stability would be ideal in a football world that, like everything other business, faces an unstable future”

They really want us to stay in the doldrums.

Football journalists in this country are an embarrassment. The Norwegians obviously give a far more realistic appraisal from outside our Little England bubble.

You need to take that to the betting thread, where you'll find people lining up to suggest you put something behind those words...

Caulkin is being diplomatic when he says that about no shortlist. If you listen to his podcast he’s got Steve Bruce’s number and phones him up regularly enough.

I’m sure they’ve spoken about the takeover but Caulkin hasn’t reported that once. Just as I’m sure that he’s privy to information from the buying side that he’s also not talking about.

He’s not going to alienate either of his sources and for what it’s worth I think he likes Steve Bruce so he’s not going to publicly rubbish him by writing pieces about us having shortlists of better managers.

Caulkin is being diplomatic when he says that about no shortlist. If you listen to his podcast he’s got Steve Bruce’s number and phones him up regularly enough.

I’m sure they’ve spoken about the takeover but Caulkin hasn’t reported that once. Just as I’m sure that he’s privy to information from the buying side that he’s also not talking about.

He’s not going to alienate either of his sources and for what it’s worth I think he likes Steve Bruce so he’s not going to publicly rubbish him by writing pieces about us having shortlists of better managers.

I would also assume he has numerous articles ready to go if the takeover goes through and won’t want to say to much beforehand as a result.

Yet our media are up his arse! I hope they bin him on the day of the announcement!

Guest Howaythetoon

I’d love Rafa back, he’d be my Number 1 choice, but I’ve said many a time under Poch Spurs were the best coached side from back to front in the PL and I’ve been reading up more and more on him and he’s probably one of the best manager’s in the game right now and I think he’s ready to go to another level and win some trophies. He’d be an absolute amazing appointment, a real coup and someone who could turn this club into title/European winning contenders within 5 years easily with the fight backing. I like everything about him.

I’d love Rafa back, he’d be my Number 1 choice, but I’ve said many a time under Poch Spurs were the best coached side from back to front in the PL and I’ve been reading up more and more on him and he’s probably one of the best manager’s in the game right now and I think he’s ready to go to another level and win some trophies. He’d be an absolute amazing appointment, a real coup and someone who could turn this club into title/European winning contenders within 5 years easily with the fight backing. I like everything about him.

Bless you.....

Still wonder how most Spurs fans feel about getting rid of Pochettino and replacing him with Jose. At the time it might have felt like they needed a change, but in hindsight, won't they wonder if they somehow made a stupid mistake? Mourinho strikes me as yesterday's man, whereas Poch might just have been going through a stale spell, and getting disillusioned with the ceiling he was hitting with Spurs.

Love Poch as a first team PL manager, and wouldn't be totally against letting him rebuild the whole show, but there's a significant nagging doubt that he could fix the infrastructure. I am 100% confident that Rafa could fix the infrastructure and set us up for decades of success (assuming no change in ownership). I am also comfortable with him managing and fixing the first team. For first team improvement I'm Poch > Rafa, but for fixing the whole clusterfuck, I'm Rafa >>> Poch.

That’s a deranged thesis - and while I agree with him that Rafa is more suitable than Pochettino, Merson’s reasoning is lunacy.

Stay away from the charlie before firing up the old word processor, son...