Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

My guestimate  is going to be the 11th.

On the 9th of June is my guess.

First post here for a long long time.....I miss Skunkers. Message boards were very different back then

Guest Howaythetoon

First post here for a long long time.....I miss Skunkers. Message boards were very different back then

Fuck off cunt.

Tucked.

Fuck off cunt.

Tucked.

DIAHF

Guest neesy111

Fuck off cunt.

Tucked.

Naughty.

Guest Howaythetoon

It was the first reply to a post I made on there followed by tl;dr, thread locked and a ban.

It was the first reply to a post I made on there followed by tl;dr, thread locked and a ban.

Aye, couldn’t imagine your long posts going down well on there. :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

The reason given for my ban was because I was a cunt and HTTP 500 Internal Server Error apparently. Never liked the place anyway and rejoiced at its demise ha ha ha ha. Tucked!

Guest Howaythetoon

Nah it was a canny place, didn’t post much but enjoyed some of the craic and one or two members were genuine ITK.

Guest Howaythetoon

Great posters from both sides of the NE divide . It was unique as forums go.

What happened to it?

Elswick Mag, TT, Berb, Walesie, Laidler were but a few regular posters from back in its heyday. Paully, Boo Boy & Uncle Bingo from here as well If I recall.

What happened to it?

It became a bit pally when people became mates on Facebook and then outside of the forum, so kind of lost it's edge. It was also locked down for any new blood, simply because of some of the outrageous stuff that was said in there.

There's a skeleton board still operating but it's just more of the same stuff between about 20 posters....a shadow of it's former self sadly.

Guest Howaythetoon

I think I only joined because Paully was a member, he used to write belting away day match reports decked out in the most stylish of shirts a man can wear  :smitten:

Think it just ran out its natural cause, much like anything. A few on here I know were active,  they may know more.

Anyone else here on the original nufc mailing list forum ran by Albert? The very first nufc internet nufc group, sorry this is taking the thread off topic.

Guest Howaythetoon

What happened to it?

It became a bit pally when people became mates on Facebook and then outside of the forum, so kind of lost it's edge. It was also locked down for any new blood, simply because of some of the outrageous stuff that was said in there.

There's a skeleton board still operating but it's just more of the same stuff between about 20 posters....a shadow of it's former self sadly.

Sad really!

I’m amazed N.O has survived given social media, says a lot about the membership new and old on here who really keep it going. Obviously hooked on reading my shit :D

The fact La Liga clubs are bricking it should spur the PL to approve it if they haven't already. The PL will want to dominate European competitions and use it to  promote itself.