Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

It’s certainly easy to dismiss these accounts, however similar to the RyanEMaine twitter account, they have no previous links to Newcastle and both reside in the big smoke.

Yes treat with caution but it’s not beyond the realms people working in the financial and legal fields in London will have knowledge of things going on.

I would certainly rather be able to read these things and make up my own mind, and if nothing else it gives us all something to talk about. Certainly some of these people who have abused the lad on twitter have a bolt loose and are taking matters to a ridiculous level of seriousness.

We all want information that is why we read these threads so just enjoy it for what it is. Some information will be shite but for fucks sake let’s not give ourselves a coronary over it.

Only one place for a tweet like this.

He also implies it could be through Aramco.

If it is through ARAMCO we will experience the same problems as PIF because ARAMCO is owned 100% by the Saudi government.

It's listed on the Saudi stock exchange now. Most valuable company in the world I believe.

I assume the Saudi Government own a large % of it but presumably not all as it can be publically traded.

If it is through ARAMCO we will experience the same problems as PIF because ARAMCO is owned 100% by the Saudi government.

It's listed on the Saudi stock exchange now. Most valuable company in the world I believe.

I assume the Saudi Government own a large % of it but presumably not all as it can be publically traded.

I got the impression that his Aramco comment was more in relation to getting around FFP with them as Man City style sponsors, rather than outright purchasers/replacing PIF. I think that is his own interpretation in response to someone else mentioning it would take time to build a good team even in the event of a takeover because of FFP.

I got the impression that his Aramco comment was more in relation to getting around FFP with them as Man City style sponsors, rather than outright purchasers/replacing PIF. I think that is his own interpretation in response to someone else mentioning it would take time to build a good team even in the event of a takeover because of FFP.

That is how I read it also

I don't care how long it takes.

Just get Ashley out and let us be a football club again.

I'll take Bruce till the end of the season and allow him to ride off into the sunset if it means the takeover still goes ahead.

Massive leap of faith here but I'm surprised Poch is still without a club.

I'll take Bruce till the end of the season and allow him to ride off into the sunset if it means the takeover still goes ahead.

Still praying for Ole to keep sneaking the odd win to keep him off the chopping block until we've secured Poch.

He said it won't happen this side of Christmas so I don't think we'll hear much tbh. January looks like being an absolutely crucial month, especially the first couple of weeks.

My point was that if some random bloke from London knows this, it has to leak soon. If it doesn’t, then it’s another WUM.

Still praying for Ole to keep sneaking the odd win to keep him off the chopping block until we've secured Poch.

I must be missing something with the Poch love in. Nowt special.

I must be missing something with the Poch love in. Nowt special.

We currently have Steve Bruce.

I don't think they're interested in sacking him right now anyway. I think a lot of clubs are in a kind of holding pattern until covid is more normal as well.

Last two posts describes most NUFC fans who reply on twitter about the takeover really well

Well is there really a need to comment on every single tweet he makes? I'd find a little bit annoying if I was him.

Their original tweets were factual and were obviously being vetted by their legal team.  Lately, its like the legal team have moved on and you have just the two fans doing the twitter.  Would much prefer them to just comment on progress or not with their legal challenge, as otherwise they are just another twitter fan account.