Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

In arbitration proceedings and either awaiting a date, decision or formulation of the panel, with a possible appeal to folllow. Not much dead about that.

I thought that once arbitration has commenced, it was a case of the PL being allowed to appoint someone to the panel, NUFC appoint another, and the FA appoint a chairperson (I think).  Each party is allowed 2 weeks to appoint their choice for the panel, not sure if that is done concurrently, or a total of 6 weeks to form the panel, then a date has to be set.  Obviously the EPL will be arguing that they are tied up legally for the next 6 months so the date will probably be next June in the hope that the consortium finally say enough is enough!!!

Hopefully the 5th Jan can bring a positive development in Middle East relations. If certain journalists are to be believed the reinstatement of Bein may go a long way in breaking takeover deadlock.

Here’s hoping for positive and speedy developments early in new year.

Hopefully the 5th Jan can bring a positive development in Middle East relations. If certain journalists are to be believed the reinstatement of Bein may go a long way in breaking takeover deadlock.

He doesn't sound that positive really. :lol:

By all accounts the blockade of Qatar will end following this summit, so hopefully as Jacobs suggests Bein will be reinstated at some point. It could certainly help calm the waters and would stop the big 6 hiding behind piracy as their objection. If Bein are no longer threatening to hoy their toys out the pram it removes

one major obstacle.

That’s my positive contribution before xmas and I think we’ll see the legal action ramp up early in new year.

By all accounts the blockade of Qatar will end following this summit, so hopefully as Jacobs suggests Bein will be reinstated at some point. It could certainly help calm the waters and would stop the big 6 hiding behind piracy as their objection. If Bein are no longer threatening to hoy their toys out the pram it removes

one major obstacle.

That’s my positive contribution before xmas and I think we’ll see the legal action ramp up early in new year.

Hopefully all starts taking shape in the new year like you said.

one major obstacle.

Everything crossed boy do we fucking need it.

one major obstacle.

Everything crossed boy do we fucking need it.

Its the end of the line (in terms of following NUFC) for many including myself if it doesn't happen.

Ben Jacobs is just bitter.

Daft thought but this is the optimistic thread, PSG sack the German fella and then approach Pochettino because they know the takeover is nearly complete and know we want him, one last dig at the Saudi's??? 🤣🍺🍺🍺

Daft thought but this is the optimistic thread, PSG sack the German fella and then approach Pochettino because they know the takeover is nearly complete and know we want him, one last dig at the Saudi's??? 🤣🍺🍺🍺

Think its obvious that's what is happening tbh

Cans.

Hope everyone had a great xmas. It’s been nice to forget about this for a couple of days and ahead of our annual Boxing Day bumming, let’s remember we’ve got the some of the wealthiest and best legal people on our side when it comes to the takeover.

I’m convinced we’ll hear positive news early 2021.

These lads undoubtedly have the PL rattled, and deserve our full support in 2021. The PL have clearly tried to intimidate them with letter, however there undeterred and Masters and co will hopefully find out they’ve tried to f*** over the wrong club.

Is Ashley funding these directly ?

I thought it was meentioned a while back that PIF/Ashley was funding them??

Or have I got that wrong?

I don't think it was ever confirmed directly but it's been  hinted at the whole way through that they had no concerns about funding, and so assumptions have been made

Hmmm. Not sure they are positive and optimistic enough for this thread.

Very cagey and dare I say it, pessimistic replies.

He got the attention and clicks he was looking for with his earlier claims. Now he's backing down by the looks of things. Predictable really.

He got the attention and clicks he was looking for with his earlier claims. Now he's backing down by the looks of things. Predictable really.

As is your usual pessimism on this thread.

As is your usual pessimism on this thread.

Only that he got it in the wrong Takeover thread.