Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

11 hours ago, Dokko said:

Easier for Ashley to state change in ownership whilst making a bunch of people redundant (if that's what has been said) but its more likely Castore have the ownership of the shops now and that is the new ownership talked about but its been twisted to takeover news.

This is what I think too. 

29 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I don't want to be massively negative about this, but the Castore deal was reported back in October. Is it simply because the story claims it's at the request of the "new owners" that people are getting excited? We've seen all the way through this that journalists know nothing.

The electromagnetic force of attraction between negative electrons and positive protons in the nucleus keeps electrons in the area surrounding the nucleus. The electromagnetic force of repulsion between positive protons in the nucleus is overcome by the strong nuclear force between protons and neutrons...........To Be Continued......... negative nelly!

I assume the club shop has been not performing great (obv in light of the pandemic) but probably also with his shite ownership. If he’s leasing the store to castore then getting rental income would be lucrative. 

No not directly related to a takeover but it’s a positive first step in what could be a messy divorce from Mike Ashley.

It might only be a temporary measure but it’s a symbolic one. Castore have little to gain over running the shop when they already had the kit deal just like Mike Ashley had little to lose by keeping the shop open under SD, no rent to pay etc.

https://www.gov.uk/transfers-takeovers

The identity of the employer must change, to be protected under TUPE during a business transfer.

Edit 3: This new forum sucks at editing quoted messages, and quoting the incorrect text >.<

Lack of TUPE wreaks of Ashley working in the grey areas of employment law once again. he can close the shop and make all staff redundant, if the owernship of the shop doesn't change hands and is closed as a business. Opening up the shop a month later under a different MA brand and not retaining the workers is illegal. But, closing the shop, selling the business to a new owner, then the new owners setting up shop again wouldn't AFAIK. Not a lawyere or an expert, just been involved in TUPE a couple of times.

Edited by HawK

37 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

The Puma deal was worth £6.5m a year. The new Castore deal is worth £5m a year. Nobody want to discuss the negatives around this?

Think people were angry about this when it was reported in October. But yeah I agree - what a crap look. 

4 minutes ago, RS said:

Do the potential Saudi overlords not have a stake in Castore?

There have been rumours that the Staveley/PIF/Reubens Takeover Consortium may have a stake in Castore in the form of one of the three members, the Reubens.

Last time I heard, it was just a rumour about the Reubens, it may have been confirmed (or denied) by now though.

2 minutes ago, manorpark said:

There have been rumours that the Staveley/PIF/Reubens Takeover Consortium may have a stake in Castore in the form of one of the three members, the Reubens.

Last time I heard, it was just a rumour about the Reubens, it may have been confirmed (or denied) by now though.

The investors in Castore don't wish to be named. The Reubens certainly fit the brief though.

1 minute ago, manorpark said:

I am hoping this is true and our future owners are helping their mates out because £5m a year is a pretty shite deal negotiated by the club - talk about going backwards 

55 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

The Puma deal was worth £6.5m a year. The new Castore deal is worth £5m a year. Nobody want to discuss the negatives around this?

Cause we are fed up of Puma. I dont care what a new kit supplier pays we just need to rid of Puma.

Just now, Strawberry said:

Cause we are fed up of Puma. I dont care what a new kit supplier pays we just need to rid of Puma.

That's not a great way of thinking for the club though is it. It's like saying "I'm so sick of Shelvey, let's replace him with 38 year old Andy Reid just to be rid of him".

The idea should be to move the club forward, not to get into worse deals just because fans don't like Puma kits.