Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

That said it reveals truly the scale we're talking about, mental stuff.

The Daily Mail can today reveal that the Prime Minister claimed privately that a Tory donor with close links to the Saudis contacted him over the Newcastle row and appeared to hint at getting a peerage in return for resolving Anglo-Saudi disputes.

This newspaper can also reveal new evidence of the extent of Bin Salman's fury in his June message to the Prime Minister, with a warning that the UK economy would pay a price.

The Crown Prince said: 'The kingdom of Saudi Arabia has opened its doors for the UK's investments in various sectors and initiated a mutually beneficial investment program with large amounts of funding. The EPL's wrong conclusion will unfortunately have a negative impact on both our countries economic and commercial relations.'

Why can’t Boris just say “pass the fuking take over you daft Kunts or we will make stuff particularly difficult for you, simple? “

Some of the shitty owners they have let loose on the PL etc has been staggering, why do we get fuked over .This summer seems the end game , please make it happen , someone, please [emoji38]

3 minutes ago, Candi_Hills said:

It could be quite fun if this gets passed and then the Premier League and its favourite teams all hold it against us for ever more. Proper siege mentality.[emoji38]

Bring it on, the shit we have had to put up with for 14 years, it'll be worth it.  Don't care what other teams supporters think, especially if we are winning and actually look like a football club that wants to compete at the highest level and that doesn't mean, just 17th!

Edited by Awaymag

23 minutes ago, Candi_Hills said:

If this goes through who are you abusing on twitter first?

Gorilla mitts, Luke, Rio, Kashoggi’s bird?

I'll probably be too busy getting totally wankered to care, but I think it would be interesting to watch Edwards squirm as he contemplates his next career move. 

2 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

At least we know Govt want this without any shadow of a doubt now. This article certainly shows why Staveley thought deal was days away in September after political pressure.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9476763/Brilliant-Boris-said-told-Newcastle-deal-track.htmlic

Was this round about the time when Ashley had his rant about Masters? I guess it really was supposed to happen that week then.

5 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Was this round about the time when Ashley had his rant about Masters? I guess it really was supposed to happen that week then.

Aye it was when Caulkin did the takeover 2.0 article. They thought takeover was days away and money was in the country awaiting approval. The PL must have given some indication it would be approved. I think what we can take from this is that Staveley had every right to believe it was close to being signed off.

End game approaching. Another bunch of “leeks” by PL to try and conjure up national outrage and force the thought process of the arbitrators. 

Hopefully the plan fails and backfires. 

15 minutes ago, RS said:

End game approaching. Another bunch of “leeks” by PL to try and conjure up national outrage and force the thought process of the arbitrators. 

Hopefully the plan fails and backfires. 

This is actually what is happening isn't it? The DeMarco tweet basically gave us the inside take.

They really are rotten to the core and will absolutely do anything to stop it going through. Incredible.

1 hour ago, Slim said:

The peer told him: 'A call is being set up. The Newcastle deal will hopefully be signed this week.'

The PM replied: 'Brilliant.'

#cans

Long before he was PM, I’m sure he announced that one of his daughters is a Newcastle fan. I wonder how much of a fan she is and if she put any pressure on him to approve the takeover.