Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

So let me get this straight, he came across some massive evidence that he passed to a reporter, who was checking to see if he could go ahead with it? (As if that would stop a newspaper if the story was THAT juicy)

He then backtracks and says if this earth shattering news doesn’t ever see the light of day it’s supposed to be a positive because it means something is happening in secret and we’ll never know either way whether it was real or not but we just have to believe and we’ll get what we desire?

Sounds an awful lot like a religious cult.

Not meaning to piss on anyone’s chips this morning. I think there’s plenty to be positive about that doesn’t involve this charlatan and his nonsense.

If there’s a real story and evidence of something, put it out. Otherwise don’t mislead people.

I doubt he's found anything himself.

If what he's saying isn't total bollocks ("if" being the most important word in this sentence), then I read it as he has been given this info by someone like De Marco, directly or indirectly, and told he can post it today if the PL don't agree to our demands in the background.

Not meaning to piss on anyone’s chips this morning.

But then you do!

You guys win,   I can't be arsed to argue about the meaning of a Positive thread any more.    Basically this place is now becoming like Twitter, people are just out to troll!

I hope you are wrong and the takeover goes ahead but if it doesn't I will take solace that the same people here putting down anything to do with the takeover will be the 1st to complain about the state of the NUFC!

Bunch of fuckwits!

15 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

I doubt he's found anything himself.

If what he's saying isn't total bollocks ("if" being the most important word in this sentence), then I read it as he has been given this info by someone like De Marco, directly or indirectly, and told he can post it today if the PL don't agree to our demands in the background.

I think this is exactly what it is.

I think this Keith and his NCSL is part of the wider legal strategy and is a device to put pressure on the PL outside of the legal process.

Maybe DeMarco has for some info but he can’t be seen to release it so passes it to a friendly journalist or Keith with the intention of threatening to release it into the public domain as part of pressure on the PL to come to terms before arbitration. 

Maybe they never intended to actually publish, it’s just part of the game.

Unfortunately, it’s us who are having to ride the emotional rollercoaster about it all as we don’t know what’s actually going on.

22 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

So let me get this straight, he came across some massive evidence that he passed to a reporter, who was checking to see if he could go ahead with it? (As if that would stop a newspaper if the story was THAT juicy)

He then backtracks and says if this earth shattering news doesn’t ever see the light of day it’s supposed to be a positive because it means something is happening in secret and we’ll never know either way whether it was real or not but we just have to believe and we’ll get what we desire?

Sounds an awful lot like a religious cult.

Not meaning to piss on anyone’s chips this morning. I think there’s plenty to be positive about that doesn’t involve this charlatan and his nonsense.

If there’s a real story and evidence of something, put it out. Otherwise don’t mislead people.

Agree. I respect him for putting his time and money into trying to make a difference but he just needs to shut the fuck up now. Unless something big comes out today this has been an embarrassing week for him.

2 minutes ago, Rosenrot said:

Aye I wish they'd say nowt until there's something to say.

Agreed.

Can't help but feel he's being badly advised. He was probably told to do it that way to boost ratings on NUFC Matters for last Friday and the Q & A with Liam Kennedy.

One big plus of fans going back to games/no covid/not only having to support the club on social media - will hopefully see all of these 'Twitter Celebrity Fans' die off quickly. 

Course it’s not his info, his info would be useless. It’s info supplied by the pro legal team but info they don’t want to use as it’ll be seen as dirty. Pass it off to Keith and let him run with it, but let’s see if we can use it as leverage 1st, if not release the hounds. 

23 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

Agreed.

Can't help but feel he's being badly advised. He was probably told to do it that way to boost ratings on NUFC Matters for last Friday and the Q & A with Liam Kennedy.

One big plus of fans going back to games/no covid/not only having to support the club on social media - will hopefully see all of these 'Twitter Celebrity Fans' die off quickly. 

Imagine someone recognising you in the street because of some milquetoast take about Steve Bruce on Twitter :bob:

2 hours ago, Awaymag said:

Not meaning to piss on anyone’s chips this morning.

But then you do!

You guys win,   I can't be arsed to argue about the meaning of a Positive thread any more.    Basically this place is now becoming like Twitter, people are just out to troll!

I hope you are wrong and the takeover goes ahead but if it doesn't I will take solace that the same people here putting down anything to do with the takeover will be the 1st to complain about the state of the NUFC!

Bunch of fuckwits!

If you read the line directly after I said there was plenty to be positive about.

I think lapping up this guys drivel does nobody any good. We just have to stick with the facts of it. There’s enough there to suggest that both sides are trying their best to make this happen. That’s enough for me. One day it’ll either happen or it won’t, we have no control over corruption. There’s obviously high stakes in this for someone to try and block this.

The whole thing with Keith is that he’s basically saying trust me unequivocally. Why should we when he keeps moving the goal posts?

1 hour ago, Dr Jinx said:

If you read the line directly after I said there was plenty to be positive about.

I think lapping up this guys drivel does nobody any good. We just have to stick with the facts of it. There’s enough there to suggest that both sides are trying their best to make this happen. That’s enough for me. One day it’ll either happen or it won’t, we have no control over corruption. There’s obviously high stakes in this for someone to try and block this.

The whole thing with Keith is that he’s basically saying trust me unequivocally. Why should we when he keeps moving the goal posts?

Agreed really, It's the positive takeover thread, not positive Twitter nonsense thread. 

Keith might have been better off waiting until he was/when allowed to talk about it, rather than getting everyone excited. Less charitable people may suspect it was done deliberately....

7 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

We putting this in the 'attention seeker' bracket then?

No different to certain others who wind up the fans for clicks/attention by the looks of it.

The boy who cried wolf......

Some if us have had him sussed for a while but it seems you get stick from certain people on here for daring to question him.

The "at least he is trying, what are you doing about it?", brigade.

Still, i hope to be proved wrong.

Edited by ToonArmy1892

2 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

Some if us have had him sussed for a while but it seems you get stick from certain people on here for daring to question him.

The "at least he is trying, what are you doing about it?", brigade.

Still, i hope to be proved wrong.

I'm just hoping they have got something on the PL and it was a threat to say they'll make it public unless they get their way. Hope it's not just bullshit