Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

10 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

If you find me tedious block me, simple really.

We are wasting our breath with these folk....they have got absolutely no understanding what this thread is all about...They enjoy being wind up merchants, and love the idea of making life miserable for us poor buggers. You and Manor Park, keep up the good work in this thread and hope, perhaps, someday they will see the error of their ways:lol:

To the doubters & mentally anguished, if you think Keith and the gang are all piss and no shit, then why not just ignore these threads? Just wait until it’s on the yellow bar at the bottom of your telly. I’m not trying to be snarky - I just don’t understand your motivation. I, for example, have hitherto given the male grooming thread a miss because I’m naturally fragrant. No reason for me to be in there. 

50 minutes ago, Menace said:

Kennedy has spouted endless shite for months on end. Why is his word being taken for gospel?

Yeah, same bloke who said back in October that the Premier League had to open their books or a date in court would be set 

Apparently it was “that simple” [emoji38]

He’s tried to walk back that story every time since, they’re all clueless.

4 minutes ago, Jinky Jim said:

We are wasting our breath with these folk....they have got absolutely no understanding what this thread is all about...They enjoy being wind up merchants, and love the idea of making life miserable for us poor buggers. You and Manor Park, keep up the good work in this thread and hope, perhaps, someday they will see the error of their ways:lol:

Don’t worry Jinky i think they wind themselves up more than us positive lads. 
A lot of people can’t seem to see the bigger picture, Keith alluded to it tonight on the podcast. The club are bound by disclosure agreements, what better then to have a loose cannon prodding and poking the PL publicly at every opportunity. He’s playing a role whether some folk like it or not, let him get on with it.

Just now, Whitley mag said:

Don’t worry Jinky i think they wind themselves up more than us positive lads. 
A lot of people can’t seem to see the bigger picture, Keith alluded to it tonight on the podcast. The club are bound by disclosure agreements, what better then to have a loose cannon prodding and poking the PL publicly at every opportunity. He’s playing a role whether some folk like it or not, let him get on with it.

I’m positive as the rest of them, but do you not think if Keith released information then the Premier League would be saying he’s getting that from the club and therefor both the club and himself are releasing information that shouldn’t be released?

Lets not forget that he has stopped his legal action against the Premier League, so how would he find something out himself? That’s another thing, when you take legal action against someone or a company/organisation and they ask you not too because their lawyer is too busy with another lawsuit, no fucking normal person would say ‘Aye ok lads, I’ll just sit and wait my turn’.

Has he went out and done something? Aye, and he’s got plaudits from that. However sitting there saying something may or may not get released, as well as saying he’s a better fan than others because he lives locally, and has put his own money in doesn’t sit well. This especially when he’s having a go at NUST and people putting in their money to help get a say in the club, or potentially save it if the worst happens is just patronising.

Lads, howay. You're ruining the thread for people who have set it up for a particular purpose. It's not fair. We're all entitled to our opinions but there is another thread on the takeover. I think we're all in agreement there are two threads for a reason. This page alone there's more derisory posts than there are positive.

Please keep this thread for the positive. If you have doubts over what people have said, raise it in the other thread. Might seem counter intuitive but all it takes is a little bit of effort and respect. If people just counter the positive things posters put in here with the negativity they're wanting to avoid, it's just going to cause understanable tension among people and there's no need.

9 minutes ago, Stifler said:

I’m positive as the rest of them, but do you not think if Keith released information then the Premier League would be saying he’s getting that from the club and therefor both the club and himself are releasing information that shouldn’t be released?

Lets not forget that he has stopped his legal action against the Premier League, so how would he find something out himself? That’s another thing, when you take legal action against someone or a company/organisation and they ask you not too because their lawyer is too busy with another lawsuit, no fucking normal person would say ‘Aye ok lads, I’ll just sit and wait my turn’.

Has he went out and done something? Aye, and he’s got plaudits from that. However sitting there saying something may or may not get released, as well as saying he’s a better fan than others because he lives locally, and has put his own money in doesn’t sit well. This especially when he’s having a go at NUST and people putting in their money to help get a say in the club, or potentially save it if the worst happens is just patronising.

Don't think he has mind, pretty sure the Premier League solicitors informed him that they were dealing with the club case first. 

Not sure why it's so hard to understand that if your views align with Luke Edwards, then this is probably not the thread for you. 

But then again if your views did align with him, then it makes sense why you struggle understand that in the first place. 

Edited by Thumbheed

1 minute ago, Stifler said:

I would imagine if the info comes out then the club are happy with it. I got the impression he was hinting that the club we’re maybe taking arbitration slowly, there’s clearly a lot going on and maybe the PL house might fall on Masters and Hoffman first.

His legal case has been parked by the PL, i think with all respect we would need a legal expert to confirm whether they are able to do this. 

As for the trust all I heard was that he was concerned about a metro radio interview where Linda Bush had came out against big money owners. Bearing in mind our potential owners fall into this category I can see his point. If she was taken out of context fair enough, but you’d have to show me where he’s called people for pledging ? I don’t believe he has.

There’s a difference  between positivity and reality.  Unfortunately the people who have picked up the takeover baton seem to be narcissistic self publicists rather than genuine, true fans. They have a clique of desperate supporters wanting change that makes them easy targets.  NCSL’s feed has been frankly pathetic if viewed from a neutral perspective. If you have nothing to say (or not allowed to say) don’t fucking say it. 

30 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

We really don't need two threads on the takeover imo, positive and negative discussion can happen in the same thread.

It's a bit childish.

The takeover thread allows positive and negative, so that fulfills your requirements. If you read the OP of this thread in paeticular, the subject is quite clear. And its only respectful to adhere to the wishes of the creator of the thread. We can all start threads and expect the subject to be respected. One of the rules of the board states we all agree to keep threads on topic. We respect each others wishes. We dont force our opinions on people. Im sure you agree.

On a beautiful morning like this I'm off for a walk down the Quayside, dream of better days to come and I also think we'll beat Arsenal the morra. 

Keep the faith.

I’ve not really been posting in this thread as don’t want to annoy people when let’s be honest a lot of nonsense is posted but the whole idea of a thread that solely for positive ramblings is a bit mental tbh. Especially when it comes to a highly emotive topic like this takeover.

each to their own mind 

Edited by gdm

What I was trying to say politely was stop moaning like a fuckin kid. Whaaa whaaa it’s so u fair. Someone posted something negative. Grow up ffs

Edited by gdm

Guest reefatoon
3 minutes ago, gdm said:

What I was trying to say politely was stop moaning like a fuckin kid. Whaaa whaaa it’s so u fair. Someone posted something negative. Grow up ffs

It really isn’t hard to grasp. If the fellas were posting the tweets in the main takeover thread you and a few others would be bitching and moaning in there about it, so why then come into a thread that you know will piss you off to just to moan about it’s existence?  It’s all just light hearted nonsense in here. This was set up by Jinky because the main takeover thread was getting quite heavy at times (good to discuss too) but this was a step away from the political side and more just a way to dream a little, post people’s nonsense without worrying about anything and just dreaming a little. It doesn’t matter if it is shite tweets or not, it was basically just somewhere a little more light hearted. If you don’t like it, don’t get your knickers in a twist by coming in, it’s really that simple. What’s the point of coming in just to say the thread is pointless? If this thread wasn’t here, then all the tweets posted in here would be going in the main thread. If you hate it so much then be grateful that there is a separate thread so you don’t have to read it. Some fucking people man, thick as whales spunk.

20 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

It really isn’t hard to grasp. If the fellas were posting the tweets in the main takeover thread you and a few others would be bitching and moaning in there about it, so why then come into a thread that you know will piss you off to just to moan about it’s existence?  It’s all just light hearted nonsense in here. This was set up by Jinky because the main takeover thread was getting quite heavy at times (good to discuss too) but this was a step away from the political side and more just a way to dream a little, post people’s nonsense without worrying about anything and just dreaming a little. It doesn’t matter if it is shite tweets or not, it was basically just somewhere a little more light hearted. If you don’t like it, don’t get your knickers in a twist by coming in, it’s really that simple. What’s the point of coming in just to say the thread is pointless? If this thread wasn’t here, then all the tweets posted in here would be going in the main thread. If you hate it so much then be grateful that there is a separate thread so you don’t have to read it. Some fucking people man, thick as whales spunk.

That’s why I stopped I’m not here to piss anyone off but I still think it’s pretty pathetic 

Edited by gdm