Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

17 minutes ago, gdm said:

This is why there has to be discussion and not all this whinging about people disagreeing because the people disagreeing aren’t being positive 

Over and over and over and over again. 

We get it, you don't beleive it, why do you keep telling us? 

On the minute possibility something meaningful happens we'll unlock the takeover threads. In the mean time I think it's best for folks' sanity that we have a short breather. :lol:

It's bank holiday weekend, folks, and the sun's coming out. Lerdsa footbaal as well. Enjoy. 

More convinced about this story being a game changer after just listening to Kennedy. The people who have provided the information are the ones who give the story the go ahead, however they’ve now said to hold off.

Draw your own conclusion where this information has come from.....

Not sure if this belongs in the 'daft bastards' thread but I'll leave it here for now.

Liam Kennedy on the big story he has.

"Maybe we shouldn't have teed it up"

"This is a significant significant (sic) story"

"It could be a good thing that they've gone from 'press the button on this now' to very quickly going 'hold it there'"

"I've been holding parts of the story back since December but new bits of information have came out recently."

For balance Kennedy also said “is there gonna be a takeover before next season? It’s looking like a tough ask and we need to plan ahead (for next season) and Bruce will be going in to final year of his contract”

what ever his big story is he doesn’t sound too enthusiastic that it’ll be done soon 

(Sorry for chip pissing)

Edited by gdm

27 minutes ago, gdm said:

For balance Kennedy also said “is there gonna be a takeover before next season? It’s looking like a tough ask and we need to plan ahead (for next season) and Bruce will be going in to final year of his contract”

what ever his big story is he doesn’t sound too enthusiastic that it’ll be done soon 

(Sorry for chip pissing)

If that’s true then we may as well just cancel the whole thing now, it’s already damaging how long it’s gone on.

Fans back in St James, Bruce and the Steve's in the Technical area & Mike, Lee and Barnsey in the directors box after a summer of selling our better players with Bruce telling us we have no money due to Covid. I cannot wait. :indi:

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

If that’s true then we may as well just cancel the whole thing now, it’s already damaging how long it’s gone on.

He definitely said it 

This is the problem with this thread tho. The same source had said something positive and something negative within 10 mins of each other and only the positive is posted which gives a false impression. 

Fair enough if that’s what people wants 

9 minutes ago, gdm said:

He definitely said it 

This is the problem with this thread tho. The same source had said something positive and something negative within 10 mins of each other and only the positive is posted which gives a false impression. 

Except that's not what happened. I just shared his words on the story he's holding back because. It was neither positive nor negative. Just an update on the situation.

What hasn’t been mentioned this ‘story’ sounds like it’s specifically related to Keith’s case rather than arbitration etc. It’ll very likely have very little impact on the takeover itself is why 

17 minutes ago, gdm said:

He definitely said it 

I always feel with Kennedy that whilst he's clearly positive in his reporting of the takeover, he always creates himself a small cautious angle somewhere that he'll be able to go back to should he need to in the future. 

1 minute ago, Joey Linton said:

I always feel with Kennedy that whilst he's clearly positive in his reporting of the takeover, he always creates himself a small cautious angle somewhere that he'll be able to go back to should he need to in the future. 

I'm quite sure Kennedy's only source is Keith and I doubt Keith tells him that much more than what he puts out on twitter. However, it's pretty obvious that they do have a bit of a story to publish and it's likely about big 6 corruption. When Liam says, "They've told us not to publish it", I can only assume he's referring to NUFC's legal team, which to me is a positive sign. It means the story is at least significant enough for Nick De Marco to care about its release (or non-release).

Generally speaking though, I agree. Kennedy doesn't know much more than what's already out there about the arbitration case.

I’d love to see one of those body language experts pick apart that Kennedy chap just now. His eyes popping up, down, left, right and centre as he’s talking about what he can’t put out 😂

I don’t know much about the lad but being in with Wraith and his crusty cheerleaders make me choose scepticism as my go to here.

59 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Yeah would be terrible to damage our current status as a rotting corpse.

I know he divides opinion on here and in most places but I would recommend his Friday show. Those who avoid it because it’s connected to SW I do feel are cutting their nose off to spite their face. Last weeks alone is definitely worth a watch/listen. Very surprised little has been made of the Crouch stuff etc on here and along with Hoffman et al it just shows what the club is still up against and why the whole thing stinks...

3 hours ago, gdm said:

(Sorry for chip pissing)

:lol: #wait rumbles on...

43 minutes ago, LFEE said:

I know he divides opinion on here and in most places but I would recommend his Friday show. Those who avoid it because it’s connected to SW I do feel are cutting their nose off to spite their face. Last weeks alone is definitely worth a watch/listen. Very surprised little has been made of the Crouch stuff etc on here and along with Hoffman et al it just shows what the club is still up against and why the whole thing stinks...

17 minutes in, interesting that Masters was apparently going to work for the ESL

3 hours ago, Scoot said:

If it's so significant why does he still not expect a takeover before next season?

imo because it was bollocks to boost his podcast ratings with wraith.