Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

1 minute ago, Magpie said:

Are we absolutely certain the disclosure stage will unearth documentation that will prove collusion and corruption? Do we know for a fact that that has actually happened? Or is it just an assumption given the fact the takeover was never rubber stamped for reason unbeknown to any of us?

It would be great if there are written communications between the PL and the ‘Big 6’ / BeIN that show inappropriate behaviours

6 minutes ago, Magpie said:

Are we absolutely certain the disclosure stage will unearth documentation that will prove collusion and corruption? Do we know for a fact that that has actually happened? Or is it just an assumption given the fact the takeover was never rubber stamped for reason unbeknown to any of us?

Yes, it’s a fact the big ordered the takeover to not be passed. I don’t think anyone doubts that after the ESL stuff. As for evidence, no one knows what we’ve got or what we’ll get.

Just now, Candi_Hills said:

Yes, it’s a fact the big ordered the takeover to not be passed. I don’t think anyone doubts that after the ESL stuff. As for evidence, no one knows what we’ve got or what we’ll get.

Is it fact? Or are taking what Amanda told The Athletic as the only real information 

5 hours ago, Joey Linton said:

Last few paragraphs confirm that the sale is gone. 

They don’t mind. It’s part of his claim. He’s claiming for loss of sale or potential loss of sale and profit. 

Doesn’t mean PIF aren’t still in if the restrictions are lifted by the PL.

10 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

Is it fact? Or are taking what Amanda told The Athletic as the only real information 

Amanda + ESL + gov on standby + Keith reckons we’ve got loads of proof. 

It’s what I call an OJ did it fact.

You read about it a lot in Mike Ashley’s business deals. He’s parking his tanks on the premier leagues lawn. 

Remember his spat with Dave Whelan that he won as well over the pricing of football shirts years ago with the alleged quote “There’s a club in the North son, and you’re not part of it”. 

He wouldn’t be going this far if he didn’t think he could win. 

1 hour ago, Magpie said:

I guess we'll find out - I have a feeling there will be.  If the ESL has taught us anything it is how arrogant these big clubs can be.

Also the big project nonsense if it went through gave those 6 clubs the right to veto any future takeovers of fellow clubs, plus no relegation for 20 years just for them.

It's not exactly a large leap to believe it.

Well, look what I wake up to...

Even if this thing won't bring takeover any close for NUFC. I hope this thing bring PL and the so called "big 6" down.

Edited by veriaqa

Like B-More said earlier, Keith really, really needs to shut the fuck up about what’s happening. You don’t publicly tweet your entire strategy ffs. In a long string of bad looks by Keith, this one is one of the worst. 

The bloke's ridiculous.  Just enjoying his time in the limelight I suppose, he knows there are plenty of sponges soaking up his every word...so why not milk it to feed his ego.

51 minutes ago, Wilson said:

The bloke's ridiculous.  Just enjoying his time in the limelight I suppose, he knows there are plenty of sponges soaking up his every word...so why not milk it to feed his ego.

And his bank account. 

2 hours ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

Read the case: dunno looks not good, he just wants compo 

Read the takes: maybe it is positive 

Read the article: great it seems coordinated somewhat, positive finally 

Read Keith: this is doomed again 

It's understandable but 14 years of Ashley has turned the majority of fans pessimistic, we just can't take good news without thinking there will be some bad to follow.

5 hours ago, cubaricho said:

Like B-More said earlier, Keith really, really needs to shut the fuck up about what’s happening. You don’t publicly tweet your entire strategy ffs. In a long string of bad looks by Keith, this one is one of the worst. 

You do realise he’s actually won anti competition cases in the past, do you actually think he’s putting anything out that would put this in jeopardy ? The strategy is hardly rocket science I’m quite sure the PL know what is going on FFS [emoji38]

29 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:
4 hours ago, cubaricho said:

And his bank account. 

Unbelievable give your head a shake. There’s a few on here who really deserve another 16 years of Ashley, absolutely fucking clueless.

:lol: 

He was selling t-shirts, dude, come on. 

We all just want this done and over with and Ashley gone. What we don’t need is Keith from Whitley Bay trying to ride this wave of faux-ITK and sell us t-shirts from his virtual stall. 

35 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

:lol: 

He was selling t-shirts, dude, come on. 

We all just want this done and over with and Ashley gone. What we don’t need is Keith from Whitley Bay trying to ride this wave of faux-ITK and sell us t-shirts from his virtual stall. 

Charity dude and I think we all know he is itk now.

On the question of why doesn’t Keith shut up I think we are really only seeing the tip of the iceberg from him as far as what he knows.

his job, seemingly with the clubs blessing is to distract, obfuscate and throw the fans the occasional tidbit. Imagine the wasted man hours at Bird and Bird having to deal with Keith.

if you think about it the PL have effectively worked to silence NUFC about the process. NUFC have actually had to take public disclosure to court so at the very least Keith is helping here.

to my recollection there have been just four occasions where NUFC have updated us:

1. PL failed PIF, NUFC going to take legal avenues

2. PL and NUFC in arbitration 

3. Arbitrators appointed, NUFC not happy with independent choice

4. Taken on additional anti-competition case against PL.

as such two of the four of these are strongly linked to things Keith did to enable this.

I'm perhaps in the minority but I'm not minding Keith's Tweets.
As I look at it, my club is dead to me anyway, I care very little about football nowadays in general so if this all falls flat then I've not lost anything other than the last chance to try to get back into it all.

2 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

You do realise he’s actually won anti competition cases in the past, do you actually think he’s putting anything out that would put this in jeopardy ? The strategy is hardly rocket science I’m quite sure the PL know what is going on FFS [emoji38]

Genuinely curious about this as I'm sure I saw something about this - what anti-competition cases has he won in the past?