Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

Why? It’s a forum, the idea is to share views and opinions. I live in Qatar and I’ve been told and I’ve seen myself with big clients that something positive will happen, I’m sharing something that I feel is really acceptable to the forum. What’s wrong with that? 

10 minutes ago, QatarMag said:

Don’t post a lot, as from what I hear here in qatar from big local Qatari clients that we deal with, the Saudi takeovers agreed (Ashley’s statement is putting more pressure on EPL to conclude quicker) and its verbally closed off with EPL and it’s just a formality which will happen after Ramadan. Bare in mind EID break is for the next 2 weeks for all government companies etc within then GCC.. from Sunday.

Take it as what you will but I’m just passing it on, bare in mind the information I had previously from the same clients, they were very precise  on about project zebra previously as well as RB potentially coming back as manager to streamline there project (NUFC) hence why he’s held back on offers of job roles...

Eid will end on either Friday or Saturday next week, it hasn’t been called yet. Will commence from Tuesday.

1 minute ago, QatarMag said:

Why? It’s a forum, the idea is to share views and opinions. I live in Qatar and I’ve been told and I’ve seen myself with big clients that something positive will happen, I’m sharing something that I feel is really acceptable to the forum. What’s wrong with that? 

Nothing i my personal opinion, but I don't speak for the rest of the forum

Edited by veriaqa

2 minutes ago, Fatwax said:

Eid will start on either Wednesday or Thursday next week, it hasn’t been called yet. Will commence from Tuesday.

Usually the celebration lasted for a week

16 minutes ago, QatarMag said:

Don’t post a lot, as from what I hear here in qatar from big local Qatari clients that we deal with, the Saudi takeovers agreed (Ashley’s statement is putting more pressure on EPL to conclude quicker) and its verbally closed off with EPL and it’s just a formality which will happen after Ramadan. Bare in mind EID break is for the next 2 weeks for all government companies etc within then GCC.. from Sunday.

Take it as what you will but I’m just passing it on, bare in mind the information I had previously from the same clients, they were very precise  on about project zebra previously as well as RB potentially coming back as manager to streamline there project (NUFC) hence why he’s held back on offers of job roles...

Hell yeah. 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

1 minute ago, veriaqa said:

Usually the celebration lasted for a week

It starts directly after the 29th day of Ramadan and the length is based on moon cycles, hence why it is called last minute.

source - I live in the UAE. GCC all have varying days for their public holidays, but none are anywhere close to 10-14 days.

11 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Looking forward to hearing from the man of the moment tonight.

Photoshopping (correct verb) yourselves to look more like wronguns and to hide professional baldness is the most on brand thing I’ve seen in ages. 

14 minutes ago, Fatwax said:

It starts directly after the 29th day of Ramadan and the length is based on moon cycles, hence why it is called last minute.

source - I live in the UAE. GCC all have varying days for their public holidays, but none are anywhere close to 10-14 days.

Yeah after 29th of Ramadan which in gregorian calendar 11th of May (tuesday) so the Eid either star on Wednesday or Thursday. Public holiday in my country only lasted for 2 days, but the celebration can lasted up to a week.

2 minutes ago, veriaqa said:

Yeah after 29th of Ramadan which in gregorian calendar 11th of May (tuesday) so the Eid either star on Wednesday or Thursday. Public holiday in my country only lasted for 2 days, but the celebration can lasted up to a week.

I see what you’re saying. Abu Dhabi have called public holidays from Tuesday. For the sake of the original quoted post I was referring to the length of the public holidays 👍

Where are you based?

In qatar everyone has given the following week off from Thursday 6th May. Eid has not been called yet here in Qatar until the moon committee (which is true) calls it. Based on hotels opening back up here due to lockdown restrictions tight and government holidays with banks etc it looks it will be 12th or 13th for the 3 day break but due to weekend here it being Friday / Saturday it will go into next week. As I said before again nothing has been called to a specific date yet. 

5 hours ago, QatarMag said:

Thanks for the post. Hope you are right.

If that is true that is an almighty risk play from Ashley. Green light all but signed off after 13 months of getting messed around and then when it finally does he slaps the PL with the anti competition papers! 

14 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

If that is true that is an almighty risk play from Ashley. Green light all but signed off after 13 months of getting messed around and then when it finally does he slaps the PL with the anti competition papers! 

I guess it could be the final threat to ensure they go through with it 

20 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

Apparently it was verbally agreed last time, within hours of being announced. All legal actions will stay on the table and even moved forward until transfer of ownership imo. 

I have a feeling we may know more by the end of the month. Keith explained quite clearly the next steps on Wraith’s show last night and if Masters and Hoffman et al want to save their skins they may well be spending the next week or so working out some sort of damage limitation. If it’s settled I doubt we will ever know what actually went on but to be honest if we get the takeover I don’t really give a shit 

17 minutes ago, ianovthetoon said:

I have a feeling we may know more by the end of the month. Keith explained quite clearly the next steps on Wraith’s show last night and if Masters and Hoffman et al want to save their skins they may well be spending the next week or so working out some sort of damage limitation. If it’s settled I doubt we will ever know what actually went on but to be honest if we get the takeover I don’t really give a shit 

Get the takeover done…….give them a few weeks grace….then throw the bloody book at them.Masters,Hoffman, BEIN and Liverpool/Spurs should be fully exposed for their involvement in this fiasco….Masters and Hoffman in particular should be hounded out.

51 minutes ago, Jinky Jim said:

Get the takeover done…….give them a few weeks grace….then throw the bloody book at them.Masters,Hoffman, BEIN and Liverpool/Spurs should be fully exposed for their involvement in this fiasco….Masters and Hoffman in particular should be hounded out.

Would be the perfect ending to it all, after them verbally agreeing last time, let them think the pressure has been taken off them for a week, then having a non Newcastle owning Ashley take them for all they are worth and exposing all the corruption they have overseen

6 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Good thread.

/ The PL haven’t seen this coming. They’ve been so focussed on arbitration and the rest of their circus that this case will come at them faster than they can handle. And this is a BIG one. They’ll have to rebut all evidence put to them beyond reasonable doubt. That’s mammoth.

What I still don't get, and apologies in advance for not being blindly optimistic is what a fan led initiative could uncover that a professional team of legal eagles couldn't/didn't.

Does he have a team of ethical hackers or some such, so he has access to confidential email correspondence and if that is the case then I wouldn't think that's admissible evidence?

Guest reefatoon

Loving all the noises coming out of late. Feels like things are cranking up. Definitely a time to feel positive that this will eventually be sorted. Just keep thinking about it being announced man, how exciting is that day going to be.

50 minutes ago, Dokko said:

/ The PL haven’t seen this coming. They’ve been so focussed on arbitration and the rest of their circus that this case will come at them faster than they can handle. And this is a BIG one. They’ll have to rebut all evidence put to them beyond reasonable doubt. That’s mammoth.

Given this isn’t a criminal case surely it’s “on the balance of probability” rather than beyond reasonable doubt. Mind I’m no lawyer so I could be wrong.