Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

2 hours ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

The burden of proof is that they have to show it is more likely than not that the PL broke anti-competition law. 

I might be wrong but I think the balance of probabilities bar gets higher as the gravity of the case/decision increases? 

Hopes are high too, according to sources, that proceedings could reach a court date in less than six months, depending on the outcome of an impending hearing. Document disclosure, which is being sought by owner Mike Ashley could come much sooner.

And interestingly, this conference is a public matter and could, we’re told, be streamed, details of which will be announced on https://www.catribunal.org.uk/– allowing NUFC fans to see the club’s anti-competition initial skirmishes played out in the public domain.

Sources claim the expected timescale of a fast-track case would be around three to four months – although nothing can be absolutely guaranteed.

When approached by the Gazette, the Premier League issued a ‘no comment’ response on the latest legal action thrown their way by Mike Ashley.

15 minutes ago, gdm said:

This is going on well in to 2022 isn’t it 

Bin Salman's great, great grandson takes over the Newcastle Nukes Rollerball team as they fight for victory and indeed their very lives competing in the hyper-violent hi-tech sport of a dystopian future.

3 minutes ago, RS said:

The message has always been

W A I T

At this rate Manorpark and Whitley will be hearing the takeover news via clairvoyant;) 

Aye let's hope they have grandkids

The disclosure will have to come much sooner, let’s see how the PL feel about this. 

If not I’m sure we’ll all support each other through the next 9 months. I’ll play my part and keep the shite tweets coming. 

In it together lads looking forward to it.

23 minutes ago, BlueStar said:

Bin Salman's great, great grandson takes over the Newcastle Nukes Rollerball team as they fight for victory and indeed their very lives competing in the hyper-violent hi-tech sport of a dystopian future.

Hi Admin,

I take it the pretence that we are allowed a positive thread can get to fuck then?

7 minutes ago, morpeth mag said:

Don't see why people can't wait a few months. We have been waiting close to 100 years to win the league.

We start our 3rd season under Steve Bruce in August...

I get the impatience, ideally we want to have everything in place so that Bruce can be moved on and a few players bought to give us that immediate boost before the new season starts.

But I’m in the camp that we’ve waited this long, I can wait longer if I know there’s goi no to be something at the end of it. It genuinely seems that way now.

The PL have too much coming at them right now in terms of litigation. Where is the money coming from to fight all these cases? Is there a point where it will eat into the money divided between its member clubs?

This is the master plan will the PL and certain people like Levy be happy handing over their devices. How about the PL mole Bill Bush who was sidelined last year ? I’m sure there’s some very interesting exchanges between Bein and the PL. This will be unprecedented for the PL, I don’t think some have quite grasped the enormity of this yet. 

Also, to put the “wait” in context, court cases of all types can take for fucking ever. It’s not something unique to this case. 

no conspiracy needed. It’s just a bog standard everlasting court case. 

What would be the implications of say, if this went on for 2 years and we got relegated during that time but won the case. Thats going to be a nasty mess for the PL surely, would they have to reinstate us to the PL?

So many questions.

Edited by Numbers

1 minute ago, Numbers said:

What would be the implications of say, if this went on for 2 years and we got relegated during that time but won the case. Thats going to be a nasty mess for the PL surely, would they have to reinstate us to the PL?

So many questions.

My guess would be no, as that would mean other clubs losing out on their rightful PL place. However, you'd have to think the compo would be significant.