Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

I agree with this. It’s pretty much now or bust with this. If we’ve not changed hands in the next 2-3 months, this is never going to happen.

If it doesn’t happen, I don’t know if I can stomach another season of Bruce. Thankfully every match won’t be on TV anymore, but even those that are I might not watch.

I barely watch us now. This place keeps me connected. without it I become my dad, totally tired and despondent of a club he'd die for as a lad growing to a man and one now he can barely be bothered with. He wouldn't have at all but for me dragging him in as a teen in the 90s. I'm responsible for that, yet he watches us more than I do. 

My 5 year old son has started footie practise at a weekend. Bought him a strip so he could fit in with the others instead of generic PE kit. So now he goes over to speak to the other kids wearing the same kit as him, a Barca one. Least of all the evils I could bring myself round to. Such a tragic situation.

2 minutes ago, Dokko said:

I barely watch us now. This place keeps me connected. without it I become my dad, totally tired and despondent of a club he'd die for as a lad growing to a man and one now he can barely be bothered with. He wouldn't have at all but for me dragging him in as a teen in the 90s. I'm responsible for that, yet he watches us more than I do. 

My 5 year old son has started footie practise at a weekend. Bought him a strip so he could fit in with the others instead of generic PE kit. So now he goes over to speak to the other kids wearing the same kit as him, a Barca one. Least of all the evils I could bring myself round to. Such a tragic situation.

I have watched this year, however like you I won't be next season unless the (or a ) takeover occurs. Just couldn't stomach another year of Bruce and Ashley no more.

3 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

I have watched this year, however like you I won't be next season unless the (or a ) takeover occurs. Just couldn't stomach another year of Bruce and Ashley no more.

Think we're all just desperate for some hope, to be something better than what we currently are. Human nature and its been robbed from us for over a decade. Nothing worse than just existing. 

59 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

That’s if they’re requesting a specific document which is known to exist, right? I assume a fishing exercise of ‘show me all your emails from Daniel Levy’ wouldn’t stop a few going missing, if nobody knew about them?

It gets a bit more complicated than that. 

But yes, if you can hide something nobody knows about then chances are they never will. Of course the lawyers involved are guilty of gross misconduct if they don’t disclose material they are aware of...

If they have serious evidence the Premier League and/or clubs have acted improper is the best course of action to go through the process rather than this just be about the takeover? I mean as much as I'd like the takeover, if the evidence is damming then surely for the best result for a majority of clubs all the information should be shared rather than looking for an agreement to be reached?

speaking as a positive lunatic "We could destroy you tomorrow but we're willing to bury this evidence if you just let the takeover go through" is kind of a weird flex and doesn't seem right.

Just now, thomas said:

speaking as a positive lunatic "We could destroy you tomorrow but we're willing to bury this evidence if you just let the takeover go through" is kind of a weird flex and doesn't seem right.

I'm OK with that tactic 

Eid has been called for Wednesday 12th (so far) again depending on moon committee, so expect something later on in the week to come in positive with regards to news on the takeover from the KSA / Legal / PCP side from Sunday 16th May onwards which is the starting week in Qatar and GCC (Dubai / Saudi etc)

(Just to clarity no contracts / negotiations / legals etc.. will be signed off until then (due to Ramadan)

PL have not got a legal leg to stand on with regards to defending any NUFC case hence the push from MA publicly, he’s in a very strong position.

From what I know and what I’ve been told which has been very clear from day 1, is we need to be patient and the TO will happen. 

Edited by QatarMag

2 hours ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

I think (emphasis added) that the sanction is that the party who doesn’t disclose a document cannot rely on the document themselves. That’s what the civil procedure rules say. Think there are also potentially costs implications (meaning at the end of the case it can be relevant as to who pays what costs regardless of who wins the case). 

Over here (so totally irrelevant, but maybe you guys have something like it?), in a civil case, if a party refuses to disclose responsive dox in discovery, or engages in any sort of spoliation, they'd face a presumption that the information in the dox is adverse to them. 

Just now, QatarMag said:

Eid has been called for Wednesday 12th (so far) again depending on moon committee, so expect something later on in the week to come in positive with regards to news on the takeover from the KSA / Legal / PCP side from Sunday 16th May onwards which is the starting week in Qatar and GCC (Dubai / Saudi etc)

(Just to clarity no contracts / negotiations / legals etc.. will be signed off until then (due to Ramadan)

PL have not got a legal leg to stand on with regards to defending any NUFC case hence the push from MA publicly, he’s in a very strong position.

I mean, never thought this would ever be uttered as something to be considered on a football forum. :lol: Got to love where this fucking takeover takes us. 

18 minutes ago, B-more Mag said:

Over here (so totally irrelevant, but maybe you guys have something like it?), in a civil case, if a party refuses to disclose responsive dox in discovery, or engages in any sort of spoliation, they'd face a presumption that the information in the dox is adverse to them. 

That presumption is enshrined in caseload in the UK.

2 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

So we have went from watching Companies House to then watching planes, helicopters and boats and now we need to keep an eye on the moon's position?! :lol:

Honestly, why not. We've done everything else. :lol:

36 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

Stop the count moon

Fully expect Ashley to have a skin full with Lambias then drive past Masters house with both of them full mooning.

Designated Drive Charnley hyper ventilating in the front saying "we are going to get arrested, we're going to get arrested, breath Lee, breath."

17 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Fully expect Ashley to have a skin full with Lambias then drive past Masters house with both of them full mooning.

Designated Drive Charnley hyper ventilating in the front saying "we are going to get arrested, we're going to get arrested, breath Lee, breath."

Would love to know if Charnley was actually shitting himself when the HRMC case was ongoing. 

1 hour ago, toontownman said:

:lol: love this. “Telt ya we shoulda left him at home, Derek”

45 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Would love to know if Charnley was actually shitting himself when the HRMC case was ongoing. 

Disappointed we never saw a driveway photo of him in his Dr. Who themed PJ’s and Big Foot slippers shackled at the arms and legs. 

7 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

You've got to spend money to make money. Speculate to accumulate. 

Invest in the best. 

Does a struggling high street tradesman suddenly start turning up on a bicycle? Nah, he turns up with a new QC. Perception.