Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

13 minutes ago, Candi_Hills said:

Does a struggling high street tradesman suddenly start turning up on a bicycle? Nah, he turns up with a new QC. Perception.

It doesn't mean I have to do my own filing.

35 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

You've got to spend money to make money. Speculate to accumulate. 

Invest in the best. 

If only that was his club motto

Really can't understand the negativity from some posters it's as if they want this takeover to fail,everything is falling into place ,may take a few more weeks or months but the pressure on masters and Hoffman will become unmanageable and then the new owners will have the keys to the castle,keep the faith.

10 minutes ago, Ando7 said:

Really can't understand the negativity from some posters it's as if they want this takeover to fail,everything is falling into place ,may take a few more weeks or months but the pressure on masters and Hoffman will become unmanageable and then the new owners will have the keys to the castle,keep the faith.

Preach @Ando7, preach!

21 minutes ago, Ando7 said:

But we can never be certain that there is any actual evidence that would make them squirm the way we all want. That’s the main issue with being positive, we don’t really know anything other than what the selling side has been saying. For all we know, the PL has followed the rules to the letter and they are not worried.

I still believe the takeover can happen because I just find it farcical that it has been stopped based on a technicality of shadow influence / control.

32 minutes ago, Ando7 said:

Ando7 is back!!!

If he's confident, I'm confident.

14 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

But we can never be certain that there is any actual evidence that would make them squirm the way we all want. That’s the main issue with being positive, we don’t really know anything other than what the selling side has been saying. For all we know, the PL has followed the rules to the letter and they are not worried.

I still believe the takeover can happen because I just find it farcical that it has been stopped based on a technicality of shadow influence / control.

There's reports that Hoffman was aware of Project Big 6 and communicated his approval of those plans. If Project Big 6, isn't defined as anti-competitive, then I don't know what it. 

41 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

The QC Robert O’Donoghue has seen the evidence and believes we’d be in Saudi ownership now if club had gone down the anti competition route last year. This is before disclosure and what that may find. I think the club must now be convinced it’s a goer especially after the ESL further exposed the cartel in operation.

10 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

The QC Robert O’Donoghue has seen the evidence and believes we’d be in Saudi ownership now if club had gone down the anti competition route last year. This is before disclosure and what that may find. I think the club must now be convinced it’s a goer especially after the ESL further exposed the cartel in operation.

Would it be cyncial to ask why the world's best football lawyer didn't see this?

23 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

So, back to another few months?

Apparently 6-8 weeks if it's expedited, about 3 months if it isn't, but if the PL were to settle that could happen at any time. That's most likely to happen at the disclosure stage, which is half way through.

22 minutes ago, Candi_Hills said:

Would it be cyncial to ask why the world's best football lawyer didn't see this?

I think NDM’s interview a while back said it all, no matter how strong you think your case is arbitration can go against you. Did they think there’d be a settlement by now, I think there exploring all options before pressing the button on arbitration. I would imagine NDM is fully in the loop and it’s all part of the game plan.

How does this even happen tho? Do the Premier league go the full hog and go to court or if its a face saving exercise do they say they are happy with the separation issue now and wave it through. 

I still can't believe the likes of Burnley can be taken over using dodgy loans and we are still at this stage.  Masters and Hoffman must have a lot of on their plate just now and this must have come like a punch in the face to them.

1 minute ago, Ben said:

How does this even happen tho? Do the Premier league go the full hog and go to court or if its a face saving exercise do they say they are happy with the separation issue now and wave it through. 

I still can't believe the likes of Burnley can be taken over using dodgy loans and we are still at this stage.  Masters and Hoffman must have a lot of on their plate just now and this must have come like a punch in the face to them.

Let’s hope it’s a knockout blow then.

3 minutes ago, Ben said:

They might not make that decision, it will almost certainly be the PL's legal insurers that will foot the bill and they will decide whether to fight or settle.

I've seen it where I work, we had a multi-million pound damages case against us and the insurers were the ones making the decisions, they even required us to bring in new policies in response to it after they had settled the case.

It's a lose/lose for the Prem - if the they hold out and fight it they'll get bent over and nailed to oblivion. If they suddenly decide after all this time to just settle and accept it, waving the takeover through, they'll be seen as bricking it because they have something to hide. I just can't see how it can play out in their favour, unless the whole evidence thing is bluster and the Prem are actually cleaner than everyone seems to think. 

3 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

It's a lose/lose for the Prem - if the they hold out and fight it they'll get bent over and nailed to oblivion. If they suddenly decide after all this time to just settle and accept it, waving the takeover through, they'll be seen as bricking it because they have something to hide. I just can't see how it can play out in their favour, unless the whole evidence thing is bluster and the Prem are actually cleaner than everyone seems to think. 

Perhaps this talk of changing the O & D test will happen after they approve the takeover 

7 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

Nah. Buyer and seller will agree to say nice things about them if they back down and just pass it. Amanda will make some shite wishy-washy statement about obstacles and hurdles and thank everyone at the PL for working with them. BBC will put the story 6th top under an opinion piece by Jermaine Jenas about why shin pads should cover the knees.

Edited by Candi_Hills

The fact that the "big 6" held pre meeting agenda setting discussions with PL representatives is enough to convince me that there's plenty of dirt. Any prior knowledge of the SL would be absolutely damning for any PL official. I get that it remains guesswork but I also enjoy having hope that we might get our club back.

Henry Winter made noises about Spurs and Liverpool lobbying heavily against the takeover. I think Rob Draper wrote an article at the time about how the PL we’re quite happy to just keep asking questions without ever making a decision. I think the NUST were aware of Bill Bush leaking negative info to the press about the takeover. I think it’s pretty common knowledge in football circles that certain clubs and Bein lobbied heavily against it. It was meant to be a confidential process, I have every confidence when the request for access to devices arrives panic will ensue.

Edited by Whitley mag

10 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

I have every confidence when the request for access to devices arrives panic will ensue.

Why? The shredders (physical and electronic) will have been running full pelt for months now. Do you actually think they'll hand over damning evidence rather than just deleting it? Really?

1 minute ago, Chris_R said:

Why? The shredders (physical and electronic) will have been running full pelt for months now. Do you actually think they'll hand over damning evidence rather than just deleting it? Really?

Do emails, text messages, WhatsApp and Facebook messages just delete forever once you've pressed delete? I dont think so.

Edited by Scoot