Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

Guest neesy111
2 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Most of the PL infrastructure is on AWS. I pen-tested part of it early last year. Good luck wiping that for good.

I was thinking they should be using some modern cloud infrastructure.

7 minutes ago, midds said:

This constant "positive v negative" nonsense is just ridiculous. Its not positive v negative, it's just another way to frame a discussion or debate. The fact there is 2 threads is absurd, just discuss the topics like adults, there's absolutely no need to have a 'positive' thread, just be positive in the thread that's been created and discuss things in 1 theead as we normally do across the entire forum without exception.

It's bizarre as it is ridiculous in here.

Are we allowed to disagree with you or are you going to shut us down….We’re in here to try and be happy about the prospects of the takeover. The trouble with the takeover thread is that when we do appear in there (Whitley,Manor park ), just to name 2, they get baited and scolded for their views…which is why the Positive thread was set up..to allow us to wallow in our dreams of what might be. I’m sure i speak for all of us, when i say that discussion in this thread does not have to be from the converted, but we don’t like it when are goaded for our views of hope. There seems to be a lot of posters out there who like to wind up people for no good reason…..if you shut us down, well just have to find another avenue for our beliefs.

18 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Most of the PL infrastructure is on AWS. I pen-tested part of it early last year. Good luck wiping that for good.

Good thing our new owner is a guy who has successfully hacked into Jeff Bezos' phone :lol:

My uneducated guess is that's nature of the evidence that the Keith fella talks about. "Leaked" email correspondence, most likely with BeIN officials. 

I'm super optimistic about the latest news. Imo, this proves that the Consortium's unlimited resources have been behind NCSL and Ashley's actions the whole time. 

Edited by junkhead

2 minutes ago, Jinky Jim said:

Are we allowed to disagree with you or are you going to shut us down….We’re in here to try and be happy about the prospects of the takeover. The trouble with the takeover thread is that when we do appear in there (Whitley,Manor park ), just to name 2, they get baited and scolded for their views…which is why the Positive thread was set up..to allow us to wallow in our dreams of what might be. I’m sure i speak for all of us, when i say that discussion in this thread does not have to be from the converted, but we don’t like it when are goaded for our views of hope. There seems to be a lot of posters out there who like to wind up people for no good reason…..if you shut us down, well just have to find another avenue for our beliefs.

The entire debate/discussion could easily be contained in 1 thread. That's all I'm saying. 

Don't care what side of the fence people are on, just be respectful and discuss the topic. The very creation of the positive thread has helped to create the division of opinions and posters imho. 

I'll bow out and let people get on with it. The sooner it's resolved the better, both threads are now a fucking disgrace.

It doesn’t matter whether you’re pro takeover or anti takeover. I don’t think anyone would argue based on the last 20 years or so that we are probably the club with the most potential. 

The Arabs know it. We know it. The rest of the premier league know it. Some of the big guns are worries because we are going to crash the party that their business model is built on. 

34 minutes ago, midds said:

This constant "positive v negative" nonsense is just ridiculous. Its not positive v negative, it's just another way to frame a discussion or debate. The fact there is 2 threads is absurd, just discuss the topics like adults, there's absolutely no need to have a 'positive' thread, just be positive in the thread that's been created and discuss things in 1 theead as we normally do across the entire forum without exception.

It's bizarre as it is ridiculous in here.

There is no discussion to be had between the two groups. It’s people who like Keith’s patter and people who don’t. 

Perhaps just rename the thread ‘Keith’s tweets’, then those who think he’s a bullshit artist can give it a swerve. 

Edited by Candi_Hills

8 minutes ago, midds said:

The entire debate/discussion could easily be contained in 1 thread. That's all I'm saying. 

Don't care what side of the fence people are on, just be respectful and discuss the topic. The very creation of the positive thread has helped to create the division of opinions and posters imho. 

I'll bow out and let people get on with it. The sooner it's resolved the better, both threads are now a fucking disgrace.

Fair enough, my reasoning is void…..Midds has spoken….I’ll bow out as well…….shut us down……

10 minutes ago, Jinky Jim said:

Fair enough, my reasoning is void…..Midds has spoken….I’ll bow out as well…….shut us down……

Who's 'shut you down'? Grow the fuck up man. 

Fuck me this is tedious, not this thread, but the constant wanky bollocks about 'realism' and why we shouldn't have two threads, wah wah wah. Just get over it, fuck off to the standard thread with your 'realism', etc. I barely look at as many threads these days as I used to, but when I this is the thread I want to read. I don't care whether it's rumours by Paddy McGinty's fucking goat or some space cadet on Twitter, I don't want to hear or read about negative shit or why people don't think this takeover will happen. The takeover is my last bastion of hope for NUFC and this thread, on here, is my port of call to keep me thinking positive fucking thoughts about it. Now, I'm sure there will be a handful of cunts on here who find that hilarious to themselves or maybe even get some sad kick from pissing on the chips of people like me, but guess what, we exist and we don't give a flying fuck what you bellends think - other than derailing or generally causing annoyance in a thread which is clearly labelled.

Fucksticks.

I've been one of those to criticise the overly positive posters, but now I don't think it's worth the hassle people should just let people post what they want in this thread and stick to the other 👍

Let's hope either way it's resolved by the end of the year :lol:

11 minutes ago, Kaizero said:

The only truly annoying thing here is the constant bickering instead of actually staying on topic. 

C'mon people, lets get back to the real subject, and discuss that only.

P L E A S E  . . . I can "wait" no longer !!!

10 minutes ago, manorpark said:

C'mon people, lets get back to the real subject, and discuss that only.

P L E A S E  . . . I can "wait" no longer !!!

You know something that I don't, Sir?

1 minute ago, manorpark said:

Wish I did . . just don't want to "wait" to get back to a proper discussion on the subject!

You’re definitely not going to get that in here :lol:

If I set up an 'unrealistic optimistic transfers' thread, intended to be about how Messi would fit in with our current team, how he might improve certain players etc or indeed accommodate Shelvey as well, that might be a laugh. Or how we might drop him for Hendricks every now and again.

If people then started piling in, saying "We'll never sign Messi, I'm just being realistic, just don't send me back to the real transfers thread with other people like me", I'd think they'd have missed the point.

Anyhoo, back on track. IF we had money to spend, who would you trust it to for transfers?

I know there's a lot of people that would have Rafa back in a heartbeat. I'm not sure I would. I don't think he'd have bought St Max for one thing.

Not actually sure who's idea that transfer was, because someone did something right for once, and I'm confused about who gets the credit.

6 minutes ago, manorpark said:

Wish I did . . just don't want to "wait" to get back to a proper discussion on the subject!

4 minutes ago, LV said:

You’re definitely not going to get that in here :lol:

Hopefully we will, from now onward . . .

39 minutes ago, Abacus said:

If I set up an 'unrealistic optimistic transfers' thread, intended to be about how Messi would fit in with our current team, how he might improve certain players etc or indeed accommodate Shelvey as well, that might be a laugh. Or how we might drop him for Hendricks every now and again.

If people then started piling in, saying "We'll never sign Messi, I'm just being realistic, just don't send me back to the real transfers thread with other people like me", I'd think they'd have missed the point.

Anyhoo, back on track. IF we had money to spend, who would you trust it to for transfers?

I know there's a lot of people that would have Rafa back in a heartbeat. I'm not sure I would. I don't think he'd have bought St Max for one thing.

Not actually sure who's idea that transfer was, because someone did something right for once, and I'm confused about who gets the credit.

Didn't Saint-Maximin himself say he was due to join in the January transfer window but that Nice blocked the move, so not sure I buy this thought that Rafa wouldn't have signed him

The Claimant seeks:

(1) Damages for loss of profit or, alternatively, loss of opportunity.

(2) An injunction requiring the Defendant to withdraw the Director Decision and/or to reconsider the

same.

(3) Interest.

(4) Costs.

(5) Such further or other relief as the Tribunal considers appropriate

The main part basically, he's asking for compensation and for them to either change their decision of the O&DT or at least look into it again. 

There are a number of elements in that document that I find interesting:

• Confirmation that PZ Newco Limited was the company by which the takeover was to occur.
    • PZ Newco currently has two directors: Mehrdad Ghodoussi & Amanda Staveley
    • PZ Newco is currently, exclisvely owned by Cantervale Limited
  • The Claimant is referring to the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union
    • Whilst this likely would have been applicable at the time the takeover business commenced, with the UK having left the EU I am not sure how much standing the TFEU still holds in a UK tribunal
  • The Claimant is alleging that the PL has dominance of the PL market and thereby must (due to the Competition Act and TFEU) apply rules in a "fair, objective and non-discriminatory" way.
    • That if the PL fails to act in a "fair, objective and non-discriminatory" way it has a material impact on the extent to which member clubs can compete with each other.
  • The Claimant is alleging that the PL has not only not adhered to the requirement to act in a "fair, objective and non-discriminatory" way, to allow fair competition between the member clubs, but has also acted to its own commercial benefit to the detriment of the Claimant.
    • I interpret an implied allegation that the PL acted in the interests of beIN Sport, to protect the PL's own commercial interests, and thus it knowingly impeded NUFC's ability to compete fairly (that is, it deliberately prevented fair competition to pursue/sustain commercial benefits to the PL from their dealing with beIN Sport).  That the PL (at least in part) blocked (impeded) the completion of the takeover, at the urging of beIN, to protect the PL's own commercial interests with beIN Sport.
    • The Claim also appears to allege that the PL acted to benefit some member clubs to the unfair detriment of another member club (NUFC) thereby violating the requirement of the Competition Act and TFEU to act in a "fair, objective and non-discriminatory" way.

In my opinion...

If the Claimant (St James Holding Limited) has material evidence of the above (and it's a reasonable assumption that their QC's would advise against lodging a claim with CAT without such material evidence) then the PL is royally fooked!  If the case is sufficiently proven (i.e. there is material evidence or the evidence can be identified during discovery) then this would likely lead to a CAT order against the PL and would likely (at a minimum) include the forced overturning of the ODT.  It  may also lead to a criminal investigation for violations of the Competition Act which could result in HUGE fines.

Edited by Montey