Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

1 minute ago, LV said:

Ok let’s say this does get to court and we win the case.

What sanction can the court impose on the PL?

Can they force them to approve the takeover? Or will it just be to get them to apply the O&D process again?

If so, what’s to stop the PL just doing the same again in demanding that the Saudi govt/ MBS be a director and either not making a decision or deciding they fail the test? 

Are we really any closer to a takeover if we win? 

Did the PL ever make a decision with regard to the O&D test? It seem to go on for about 17 weeks from the takeover paperwork being submitted on 9/4/20 without any decision being made, at least that’s my recollection of what happened.

Delay and obfuscation would appear to have been the policy applied to the takeover, then we heard about Operation Big Picture that put the PL procrastination into some perspective. The ESL and the power of the so called big 6, the meetings of the 6 with Masters and Hoffman the day before to set agendas for meetings of the 20 clubs is an indication of the the shitbaggery that was going on. I hope the club exposes the malpractices that the PL were involved in and take them to the cleaners.

6 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

What impact would losing the arbritarion case have on this case?

I think the strategy is to delay the arbitration and force the PL to pass the takeover without the need for the tribunal to go ahead.

Edited by FloydianMag

12 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

I think the strategy is to delay the arbitration and force the PL to pass the takeover without the need for the tribunal to go ahead.

But surely the same argument could and would arise in this case? 

1 minute ago, Thumbheed said:

But surely the same argument could and would arise in this case? 

The arbitration panel of 3 individuals appears to be stacked in the PL’s favour, the chair is Michael Beloff QC who has worked on behalf of the PL previously.

18 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

Did the PL ever make a decision with regard to the O&D test? It seem to go on for about 17 weeks from the takeover paperwork being submitted on 9/4/20 without any decision being made, at least that’s my recollection of what happened.

Delay and obfuscation would appear to have been the policy applied to the takeover, then we heard about Operation Big Picture that put the PL procrastination into some perspective. The ESL and the power of the so called big 6, the meetings of the 6 with Masters and Hoffman the day before to set agendas for meetings of the 20 clubs is an indication of the the shitbaggery that was going on. I hope the club exposes the malpractices that the PL were involved in and take them to the cleaners.

They didn't make a formal decision. Following Ashley's statement in September, where he said they had refused the takeover, the PL made a statement saying they hadn't made a formal decision and basically that PIF had withdrawn so they didn't need to.

16 minutes ago, LV said:

So how will things be different if we do win this case? 

I don't think the aim is to win the case. I think the aim is to make the PL think they will lose the case and therefore force them to settle on the condition that the takeover is passed.

20 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

The intention is to pressure the PL to pass the takeover without the need to go to a tribunal.

Yep, due to the damaging evidence the club now have.

They must have some good shit on the PL for it to go this far and couldn't imagine Ashley pushing it without being very optimistic, plus the cost of it all. 

I'm more positive about this now than I have been in ages. It'll be the only time I back Ashley though😁

1 hour ago, FloydianMag said:

The arbitration panel of 3 individuals appears to be stacked in the PL’s favour, the chair is Michael Beloff QC who has worked on behalf of the PL previously.

I mean, leading sports lawyers would likely have. Don’t forget our nominee and their nominee have to agree on the third one. 

8 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I mean, leading sports lawyers would likely have. Don’t forget our nominee and their nominee have to agree on the third one. 

We did agree, only after that did he disclose that he had done work for the PL (advising on the O&D test), which is why we went to the High Court to try to get him removed.

Edited by Jackie Broon

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I was aware that the PL and the club had nominees however it’s the QC who I don’t think is independent hence I suspect it would have gone against us. The Tribunal however is different and I doubt, I could be wrong mind, that the PL don’t want their dirty laundry aired in public.

https://www.oracle.com/news/announcement/premier-league-selects-oracle-cloud-infrastructure-2021-05-06/

This press release is dated 06 May 2021. Not sure if this means EPL has just recently switched cloud server provider. But I'm assuming even if they have just switched, the emails and all correspondence from past years will need to be properly filed and accounted for. And not a case of "Sorry, we had a major server migration error and some emails & minutes were lost"

8 minutes ago, cosmic said:

https://www.oracle.com/news/announcement/premier-league-selects-oracle-cloud-infrastructure-2021-05-06/

This press release is dated 06 May 2021. Not sure if this means EPL has just recently switched cloud server provider. But I'm assuming even if they have just switched, the emails and all correspondence from past years will need to be properly filed and accounted for. And not a case of "Sorry, we had a major server migration error and some emails & minutes were lost"

I’m not an IT expert, however I’d suspect that data to be migrated would be backed up just in case something went wrong.

10 minutes ago, cosmic said:

What a coincidence [emoji38]

10 minutes ago, Rocker said:

What a coincidence [emoji38]

Matters not...any half competent IT investigator will be able to retrieve emails, deleted or not.

It's virtually impossible to completely delete any form of electronic communication now

1 minute ago, gjohnson said:

Matters not...any half competent IT investigator will be able to retrieve emails, deleted or not.

It's virtually impossible to completely delete any form of electronic communication now

Good news. :thup:

34 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Terrific find. The cover-up has begun. I can sense the fear.

Scrapping their whole infrastructure altogether :lol: Amateurs.. MBS' secret services have a full backup anyway!

edit: The article actually refers to other usages of the cloud infrastructure - statistics. There's nothing about day-to-day business operations, so probably not connected.

Edited by junkhead

As I've said before on this thread, data is valuable, it's not like the 60s where its held in a broom cupboard on tapes.  Cloud providers make their money not by being laissez-faire with security and business continuity, they will have back up and restore facilities.

THE PL CANNOT SIMPLY DELETE STUFF!!

The Oracle service, if you read the statement, is for a particular function (operating a new statistics service) and has nothing to do with PL internal office, business, communications (e.g. email), or file server functions.  In other words, that Oracle announcement has no relation nor impact on the CAT case nor the arbitration process.

The Oracle announcement can be completely ignored. 

8 minutes ago, Montey said:

The Oracle service, if you read the statement, is for a particular function (operating a new statistics service) and has nothing to do with PL internal office, business, communications (e.g. email), or file server functions.  In other words, that Oracle announcement has no relation nor impact on the CAT case nor the arbitration process.

The Oracle announcement can be completely ignored. 

Aye, that's what they want you to think. :azn:

1 hour ago, cosmic said:

Interesting.

Not to the takeover, but interesting nonetheless