Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

2 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

You think it’s non evidence, however 2 leading QC’s, the club and a bloke experienced in winning competition cases think it is.

With all respect I’ll take there opinion over yours on this matter.

I'll try again If you think this statement is incorrect can you let us all know what this evidence was actually evidence of?

2 minutes ago, Menace said:

Fair enough you don't believe its happening (I don't either tbf), but why are the same posters always in here spouting the same stuff? If you're convinced its not happening why are you still posting here? There's other threads...

I wasn’t posting about the quality of the evidence or case in here fwiw.

It was Whitley trying to engage people into a discussion about the evidence.

Now we are safe, the season is literally over. You lot are going to torture yourselves every day with these takeover threads. They should be locked for everyone's safety until there's something really worth debating.

The evidence we have is Ashley claim, albeit primarily (obviously) about damages but also to open the door to PIF, if as Stavely has stated are still interested

.The Claimant seeks:
(1) Damages for loss of profit or, alternatively, loss of opportunity.
(2) An injunction requiring the Defendant to withdraw the Director Decision and/or to reconsider the
same.
(3) Interest.
(4) Costs.
(5) Such further or other relief as the Tribunal considers appropriate.

So, it’s still progressing and wide open as to how this will eventually pan out.  We can only keep our fingers crossed that our case has some good evidence. 

4 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Now we are safe, the season is literally over. You lot are going to torture yourselves every day with these takeover threads. They should be locked for everyone's safety until there's something really worth debating.

May as well lock the entire forum then 

13 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

I'll try again If you think this statement is incorrect can you let us all know what this evidence was actually evidence of?

You won’t try again with me unfortunately. If you can’t see what last nights evidence showed then you’re really not getting it.

Edited by Whitley mag

If you actually watch it Keith is more using that letter to describe the process of cross-examination the the PL will have to go through rather than presenting that has strong evidence, he actually acknowledges that it's not particularly strong evidence.

But, in hindsight, it is more interesting when set against other stuff about the timing we now know. In his response to Chi Onwurah Masters said:

“In June, the Premier League board made a clear determination as to which entities it believed would have control over the club following the proposed acquisition, in accordance with the Premier League rules.

“Subsequently, the Premier League then asked each such person or entity to provide the Premier League with additional information, which would then have been used to consider the assessment of any possible disqualifying events.

Well, the letter to Hatice Cengiz's QC was written on 29th June, after they had made a "clear determination" that the Saudi state would control the club.

41 minutes ago, Menace said:

Fair enough you don't believe its happening (I don't either tbf), but why are the same posters always in here spouting the same stuff? If you're convinced its not happening why are you still posting here? There's other threads...

It's sad to say about fellow fans but it feels like there's a certain section who are winding themselves up to give (and enjoy!) a massive " I TOLD YOU SO !!!!! " if it all falls through once and for all.

Edited by Robster

4 minutes ago, Robster said:

It's sad to say about fellow fans but it feels like there's a certain section who are winding themselves up to give (and enjoy!) a massive " I TOLD YOU SO !!!!! " if it all falls through once and for all.

I really don’t believe that is the case. People just don’t believe it’s going to happen. Surely you can see there are gonna be people on the forum from both opinions shouting “told you so” whichever way it goes? It just happens that you’re on the positive side, but that doesn’t mean people who oppose your view are just doing it to prove you wrong?

3 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I really don’t believe that is the case. People just don’t believe it’s going to happen. Surely you can see there are gonna be people on the forum from both opinions shouting “told you so” whichever way it goes? It just happens that you’re on the positive side, but that doesn’t mean people who oppose your view are just doing it to prove you wrong?

I can accept that there will be 'I told you so's' if it goes through, absolutely, but it feels like the negative side is more vitriolic at times.
For example, I don't get the constant attempts to get Whitley say whether he's Keith or not. That's hounding him personally, just because of what he believes is happening, and it feels unnecessary.

23 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I mean, for people to beleive that it won't happen means they think the PL acted appropriately and are correct. [That is literally their legal opinion]. It means they're aligning themselves with the likes of Luke Edwards ffs. 

Where's the evidence to support the PL's standpoint? 

"Realists" though. 

Edited by Thumbheed

4 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

I mean, for people to beleive that it won't happen means they think the PL acted appropriately and are correct. [That is literally their legal opinion]. It means they're aligning themselves with the likes of Luke Edwards ffs. 

Where's the evidence to support the PL's standpoint? 

"Realists" though. 

That’s not true. I don’t believe the PL acted fairly, but I also don’t think it’ll go through.

Reason being, the PL are unlikely to have left themselves open to lose in court. I suspect it would’ve been done very privately.

If the PL believed they were open to lose in court, they wouldn’t be challenging it and we’d have new ownership by now.

9 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

That’s not true. I don’t believe the PL acted fairly, but I also don’t think it’ll go through.

Reason being, the PL are unlikely to have left themselves open to lose in court. I suspect it would’ve been done very privately.

If the PL believed they were open to lose in court, they wouldn’t be challenging it and we’d have new ownership by now.

That is literally the same thing as saying the PL are correct. 

It's just mental gymnastics to support a position you can't really back with anything other than supposition. 

"Realist" though.

Edited by Thumbheed

Guest reefatoon
1 hour ago, mighty__mag said:

Nobody is tortured in here though. It’s a nice distraction from the utter filth we have had to sit through on the pitch. There are only a small few people who seem to be tortured and they constantly keep coming in here to tell everyone else that this thread should be locked or removed. The regular posters in here are not tortured at all, the complete opposite really. 

1 minute ago, Thumbheed said:

That is literally the same thing as saying the PL are correct. 

It's just mental gymnastics to support a position you can't really back with anything other than supposition. 

"Realist" though.

Are you okay? I don’t see how you can’t understand it.

I’m not saying the PL are correct - I’m saying they’re corrupt enough to have covered their own arses sufficiently for the case to not be proven.

For what it's worth, I dont actually mind a discussion with people who thinks its not on, but from everything I've read (and I have been glued to this thread), I've seen fuck all in the form of actual logical reasoning as to why the PL are correct. 

That's literally the only singular point you have to demonstrate and yet I see fuck all.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't they just say they were examples of the evidence in the public arena. 

They didn't say it was all the evidence. There's likely going to be some more hard-hitting stuff and stuff not in the public domain. Those anecdotes just help to paint a picture. 

Guest reefatoon
1 minute ago, Hhtoon said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't they just say they were examples of the evidence in the public arena. 

They didn't say it was all the evidence. There's likely going to be some more hard-hitting stuff and stuff not in the public domain. Those anecdotes just help to paint a picture. 

Exactly, but don’t let that get in the way of the Keith haters wanting to hate.

Edited by reefatoon

5 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Are you okay? I don’t see how you can’t understand it.

I’m not saying the PL are correct - I’m saying they’re corrupt enough to have covered their own arses sufficiently for the case to not be proven.

And you're basing that on?

8 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

My own opinion? A bit like you’re basing your posts on your own.

As I said, you don’t have to agree with the PL to think it won’t go through.

Fuck all then.

So you've assigned yourself as the "realist" based on fuck all.

Conversely, the others see the same corruption as you do and see legs in it, thats literally it. Dunno what's so hard to understand with that and why it's pretty relasitic but here we are on a Saturday afternoon discussing it. 

Just boring as fuck.

"Realist" though

Same time next week👍

Edited by Thumbheed