Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

27 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

So will everybody be satisfied that the corruption of the PL is buried, in exchange for our takeover.

I would be like.

Sick of Ashley. Sick of Bruce. Sick of Charnley. Sick of Sports Direct. Sick of being utter shite. 

30 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

So will everybody be satisfied that the corruption of the PL is buried, in exchange for our takeover.

You’re right to ask to see the general feelings on here. For me though if it means that I can once again have a club that is trying to progress, then it’s a big yes from me. There has been corruption in football for years and this will continue for years to come. 

37 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Honestly, the takeover is so important for our club, I would say yes. Not happy about it but I’ve been not happy about MA for 14 year!

48 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Would be bittersweet, but Id still be happy and relieved.

Will be interesting to see if MA/the consortium would agree to strike a deal now if it was offered by the PL, or if they would view that as a guarantee that they would win the case and then push on to get the sale approved in addition to good PR/compensation etc

1 hour ago, Happinesstan said:

Yeah, but to qualify I haven't liked football for a long time now and had no choice but to give up on it because its not coming back.

At least this way I can break it up with having a football club to support again and some enjoyment in so doing for the first time in a generation. Others don't seem to mind so why not.

5 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

I still don't get the link between this and the takeover.  Sounds like Ashley wants compensation and will get it if he wins.  How does that help the club?

1 hour ago, Happinesstan said:

Great question. I'd be happy with that, but the truth has a habit of coming out in the end.

4 minutes ago, duo said:

I still don't get the link between this and the takeover.  Sounds like Ashley wants compensation and will get it if he wins.  How does that help the club?

:Face pam:

This again :headshakes:

Its already been discussed that Ashley indeed wants compo but he also wants the PL to reconsider the ODT result in NUFC favour.

Source: the CAT websites.

But I have feeling that some people just dont want to acknowlegde that and keep going with their narative that Ashley just wants compo, so they can keep going with their "take over is never happen" negativity.

A nice reminder as to why the PL will have to be very confident in their position. 

Also worth noting that a big part of PBP was the big 6 being able to veto new owners of other clubs. A blatant attempt to block competition and enshrine it in the PL rule book. 

18 minutes ago, veriaqa said:

:Face pam:

This again :headshakes:

Its already been discussed that Ashley indeed wants compo but he also wants the PL to reconsider the ODT result in NUFC favour.

Source: the CAT websites.

But I have feeling that some people just dont want to acknowlegde that and keep going with their narative that Ashley just wants compo, so they can keep going with their "take over is never happen" negativity.

Of course he wants that - then it's win win for him - compo and a sale of the club.  

But him 'wanting' means nothing in the grand scale of things.  Ashley hasn't suddenly become Robin Hood - he's only interested in one thing - himself.  He has seen a chance to make some money and he's taken it.  Do you really think he Is spending his own cash just in the 'hope' that it 'may' bring the buyers back to the table?

I am not trying to be negative just realistic.  Yes I am happy he's taking the PL to court as there is no doubt in my mind that the big six put pressure on the PL to block the sale.  My point is if he wins his case - it doesn't mean the club will then be sold.  All it means the people running the PL are the shady people we all suspected and Ashley walks away with a fat cheque.  Newcastle United are still at the same point  - 'hoping' the buyers come back to the table. 

30 minutes ago, duo said:

Of course he wants that - then it's win win for him - compo and a sale of the club.  

But him 'wanting' means nothing in the grand scale of things.  Ashley hasn't suddenly become Robin Hood - he's only interested in one thing - himself.  He has seen a chance to make some money and he's taken it.  Do you really think he Is spending his own cash just in the 'hope' that it 'may' bring the buyers back to the table?

I am not trying to be negative just realistic.  Yes I am happy he's taking the PL to court as there is no doubt in my mind that the big six put pressure on the PL to block the sale.  My point is if he wins his case - it doesn't mean the club will then be sold.  All it means the people running the PL are the shady people we all suspected and Ashley walks away with a fat cheque.  Newcastle United are still at the same point  - 'hoping' the buyers come back to the table. 

I guess so.

There's no guarantee a win would make the PL change their decision on the ODD test, true.

On the other hand, it would be a fairly public way of slapping down the PL and saying rum fiddlings were afoot.

Then the club start arbitration after that, and the logic for that decision has to be made public now as well, due to that previous legal challenge.

So, if it succeeds, it surely tilts the arbitration decision our way.

Also, I think if De Marco doesn't know this trick already, he should throw a ball at Richard Masters in court. When he catches it with his right hand, he should say "aha! I thought you said you were left handed!"

And vice versa if he catches it in his left hand.

It's won so many court cases.

2 hours ago, duo said:

The difference between optimist and negativist, sorry realist is that you dont believe in Amanda Staveley interview and other thing that points to the takeover still on the table. I dont know why but maybe because that way you can still spin the negativity into the takeover story.

Edited by veriaqa

6 hours ago, Happinesstan said:

When you have a large pile of problems that all need to be solved, you sort them in order of easiest to solve to hardest to solve, and solve them in that order.

If you try and solve the hardest problem first you get stuck on that and don't get to solve any other problems.  If you work on the easiest problems first, by the time you get to the hardest problem all the other problems are solved.

So, in answer to your question, yes!  We solve the takeover issue, we get rid of Ashley, we get a club that is worthy of support, and once that and associated problems are solved then we can turn our focus on to solving the harder issues related to Premier League corruption and cartels.

10 hours ago, Happinesstan said:

No. Not at all. I want to see heads roll and the brand destroyed along with the big 6.

In all honesty I’d much rather see the whole thing crumble and burn along with our own club and never have to think about football again. 

19 minutes ago, Dokko said:

No. Not at all. I want to see heads roll and the brand destroyed along with the big 6.

In all honesty I’d much rather see the whole thing crumble and burn along with our own club and never have to think about football again. 

If ever a post was in the wrong thread.....

Hoo @Whitley mag  When’s this new court case thing starting? Am I misremembering ordered Liam Kennedy say 7 days about 5 days ago?

PS: Joey and Fantail, I know this is your favourite thread but  how about storing all of your smarmy comments in a word document and then you can send them all at once when the takeover issue is resolved, rather than have to come in here every four or five comments.

17 minutes ago, Candi_Hills said:

Hoo @Whitley mag  When’s this new court case thing starting? Am I misremembering ordered Liam Kennedy say 7 days about 5 days ago?

PS: Joey and Fantail, I know this is your favourite thread but  how about storing all of your smarmy comments in a word document and then you can send them all at once when the takeover issue is resolved, rather than have to come in here every four or five comments.

I believe someone said to keep a watch on the CA Tribunal listings for an indication of dates etc.

21 minutes ago, Candi_Hills said:

The Premier League have to respond to it by this Friday.

26 minutes ago, Candi_Hills said:

Think Wandy is spot on looks like back end of this week.

5 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Think Wandy is spot on looks like back end of this week.

He has changed his tune there mind. He has said constantly that he doesnt think it will go to court and they will settle beforehand. Now he's saying that this will go all the way?

10 minutes ago, Wandy said:

He has changed his tune there mind. He has said constantly that he doesnt think it will go to court and they will settle beforehand. Now he's saying that this will go all the way?

I think he believes they’ll initially contest it, the hearing will just be arguments and no evidence disclosed. He believes they will fold once disclosure starts otherwise it will be car crash for them.

Edited by Whitley mag