Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

Guest reefatoon
3 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

Hope the 3rd wave keeps off until after its announced.

Pubs in the toon will have their best takings in a while i would imagine.

Remember last year when the takeover looked like it was going to go through and people were saying it's not happened yet because the pubs are shut and lockdown, they are just waiting for them to open. It must have been right all along, just taken a little longer than expected. It's all been in the bag from the start, just waiting for the boozers to open without any restrictions so the celebrating can be done properly. ;)

Edited by reefatoon

Guest reefatoon
Just now, andyc35i said:

You’re also assuming Bruce would be sacked straightaway - I can’t see that happening as much as we all want it 

Can't bring his name into any positive thread. Will curse it for good.

Guest reefatoon
1 minute ago, Lazarus said:

Everyone does realise that if it goes through were not gonna be spunking 150m here, 180m there ala man city?

Didnt Staveley say they werent gonna be spunking cash all owa?

Everyone else will be too busy spunking to care.

4 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

Everyone does realise that if it goes through were not gonna be spunking 150m here, 180m there ala man city?

I'd be amazed if they don't spend the absolute maximum they're allowed to.

6 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

I'd be very happy to be run in a sustainable way, maximising the club's income and sensibly spending what the club generates.

But, they're hardly going to say they're going to spunk cash left right and centre when a) that's one of the things the PL are really worried about and b) that'll just lead to selling clubs adding a zero to any fee.

32 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

That’s far too late to have a big impact on the season. Most of the top players will already know where they’re heading, most clubs will be into their pre-season regimes, we’ll be starting late from scratch.

Would immediately give the whole club a huge life + a new manager and even just a couple of signings would be enough for a decent season 

27 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

If they want the club to be sustainable it will need a large cash injection on and off the pitch to get in the position to do so. We're not talking £150m per player but certainly much more than we've ever spent before.

4 minutes ago, Abacus said:

It'll be like Brucester's Millions, man.

Get on the bench, Harry Kane, I'm playing Dwight Gayle.

Was the point of Brewsters millions to spend a bucket load of cash but to be left with no assets 

Arhhhhh..........Joelinton.

50 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

We are just desperate to be ran like a normal football club, for starters.

45 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

I’d take a bleb of pre-cum.

21 minutes ago, gdm said:

Would immediately give the whole club a huge life + a new manager and even just a couple of signings would be enough for a decent season 

I just think if it was close the ‘new owners’ would be doing absolutely everything to get this done early in the summer.

50 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

Can’t remember Amanda ever saying the word “spunking”. Might be wrong like

57 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

She certainly never said that word !!

But, whatever words were used, you "say what you need to say" of course.

Most NUFC supporters who I know just want a caring, enthusiastic, ambitious, well-run club, so they can actually have THEIR CLUB back!

Just now, manorpark said:

She certainly never said that word !!

But, whatever words were used, you "say what you need to say" of course.

Most NUFC supporters who I know just want a caring, enthusiastic, ambitious, well-run club, so they can actually have THEIR CLUB back!

^ This

1 hour ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

The replies don't seem to agree with you.

Of course it doesn’t mean that they are right as only talking about the NUFC side but they reported Graeme Jones incoming hours before anyone else suggesting a connection.

Not bothered if they don't throw loads of money at the club.  Being able to support the club again is enough.  Being able to look forward to a new season were everyone involved with the club actually wants success, almost unimaginable as a Newcastle fan these days.

Guest HTT II

They will want the absolute best for their investment/asset and money will not be a concern. They will spend whatever it takes to turn NUFC into an elite and successful club, as that’s the whole point of their investment. I seem to remember Man City’s owners making similar noises about spending conservatively when they took them over...

we would never spend the money required to build back all we have lost in infrastructure, academy etc etc all in one go it would not be a blank cheque in that sense and I don't think anyone would expect even the richest of owners to sell everyone and start from scratch all in one close season. The noises from the press at the time this all seemed a formality was consistent spending over multiple windows and seasons. This for me would be more than enough and I am sure for others would seem light years ahead of what we are now as a club.