Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

1 hour ago, Candi_Hills said:

Am I right in thinking Ben Jacobs said we were going to be getting rocked by bad news this week? And nowt has happened? 

The bad news was that UEFA was going to stick with Bein for the TV deal even though Saudi offered more.

What he didn't mention was that the new head of this sort of deal for UEFA is the Qatari owner of PSG who has charged for corruption.

7 hours ago, UncleBingo said:

He's also literally the biggest troll there can be.

Yep. He is the biggest troll. He must trolling us all with this CAT and arbitration thing. What will happen imho.... after some months without any real progress he will come out and say, "Ha ha, got you sucker... ".

He is such a good troll that he's ready to loose money to paid lawyers just to troll NUFC fans.

Ashley the biggest troll ever. :clap:

Edited by veriaqa

12 hours ago, veriaqa said:

Yep. He is the biggest troll. He must trolling us all with this CAT and arbitration thing. What will happen imho.... after some months without any real progress he will come out and say, "Ha ha, got you sucker... ".

He is such a good troll that he's ready to loose money to paid lawyers just to troll NUFC fans.

Ashley the biggest troll ever. :clap:

Where did I say any of that, quite the imagination you have?

I'm just reminding people that he is a massive troll/cunt, as some people seem to have forgotten the last 14 years and are taking him at face value.

1 hour ago, Awaymag said:

oh I served my month ban and I feel so privileged to be allowed to post again!   See Fanny Batter and Just Shiton still having trouble understanding thread titles!

Weird post. I’ve barely posted in this thread recently, other than a post yesterday which wasn’t negative at all.

Don’t let the truth get in the way of your dramatisation though.

Fresh weekend headlines, which talked of Ashley's confidence of the sale being pushed through "within a month" and the tycoon telling Amanda Staveley and her Middle East consortium to be "ready to go", emerged on Friday night.

But the message has been a consistent one from those close to Ashley now for some time in that he feels the Premier League can't win either the CAT legal battle or the arbitration fight which will unfold next month.

Edited by Whitley mag

Just now, Miggys First Goal said:

It's interesting that this news about Ashley being super confident that the takeover will go ahead comes out in the same week that I heard that Bruce doesn't even know if he'll be coming back to Newcastle for the start of next season.

Hmm...

Sounds good let’s hope we’re on the brink finally.

3 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

It's interesting that this news about Ashley being super confident that the takeover will go ahead comes out in the same week that I heard that Bruce doesn't even know if he'll be coming back to Newcastle for the start of next season.

Hmm...

Did you hear this from someone who is usually right?

10 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Sounds good let’s hope we’re on the brink finally.

I'm not going to invest too much hope into it this time, been burned too many times for that, especially on the back of a story printed in the Sun. 

But where this even a chink of light at least that's something to keep us going. 

Guest HTT II
Just now, Miggys First Goal said:

Let's just say it came from someone who is extremely close to Bruce.

Bacon butty?

11 minutes ago, TRon said:

I'm not going to invest too much hope into it this time, been burned too many times for that, especially on the back of a story printed in the Sun. 

But where this even a chink of light at least that's something to keep us going. 

Probably the best way at least we have some dates set now, it should all start playing out finally.

Edited by Whitley mag

14 minutes ago, TRon said:

I might be wrong but I think “THE SUN” broke the story of the takeover in January..........

January 27th, 2020 10:43 am

Newcastle’s proposed £340million (A$653m) takeover is reportedly “90 per cent certain” after a shell company created by Amanda Stavely has been registered to facilitate the deal.

The Sun reported how Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman is in talks to buy the club in a consortium including billionaire brothers David and Simon Reuben.