Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

2 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

"A chance the takeover happens"

Win arbitration and it will happen. I can't see Ashley spending all this money on legal fees just for "a chance" that it might happen should he win the legal battles.

Strange comment from Mark Douglas.

Casting my mind back to the start of it all….It was an article in the NYT that first got my attention to the possible takeover…..Then i believe an article broke in the Sun re the takeover and of course we all said “yeah but it’s the Sun”….then not much later all hell broke loose when details appeared at Company House…Anyway I’m going to be very positive about the latest news.

2 hours ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Weird post. I’ve barely posted in this thread recently, other than a post yesterday which wasn’t negative at all.

Don’t let the truth get in the way of your dramatisation though.

Same. First post on this thread in almost a fortnight I would guess. Very odd. 

Edit : i suppose i can start posting in this thread again if he'd rather be right than talking absolute bollocks? 

Edited by Joey Linton

Was it not the Wall Street Journal that broke the first news of the takeover? Was back in January 2020, like. Remember reading it in a uni lecture around about the time of that grim 0-0 draw at home to Oxford in the FA Cup. People understandably just brushed off until the news from last April broke.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

3 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Was it not the Wall Street Journal that broke the first news of the takeover? Was back in January 2020, like. Remember reading it in a uni lecture around about the time of that grim 0-0 draw at home to Oxford in the FA Cup. People understandably just brushed off until the news from last April broke.

You’re right it was the WSJ not NYT…right country, wrong media 😀

16 hours ago, veriaqa said:

Yep. He is the biggest troll. He must trolling us all with this CAT and arbitration thing. What will happen imho.... after some months without any real progress he will come out and say, "Ha ha, got you sucker... ".

He is such a good troll that he's ready to loose money to paid lawyers just to troll NUFC fans.

Ashley the biggest troll ever. :clap:

I don't think anybody specifically said he was trolling fans. He's just as likely to troll the PL.

2 hours ago, Miggys First Goal said:

It's interesting that this news about Ashley being super confident that the takeover will go ahead comes out in the same week that I heard that Bruce doesn't even know if he'll be coming back to Newcastle for the start of next season.

Hmm...

It's not that surprising tbh. Ashley will have told him the arbitration timetable and that if the club wins then there quickly may be new owners...who want a different manager. 

It's still all ifs and buts, and we have been here before ...no red flags etc ... so I would recommend we all stay very cautious..cynical even.

Someone begging for Twitter attention so will lead a few fans who are desperate for positive developments on. 

Refuse to buy any Twitter shit until official statements come out this time. Bitten far too many times.

I know it's easy to be caught up in the wave of optimism, but there's better use of people's times than claim ITK. If anything substantial happens then the journalists pick up on it like Jason Burt at the Telegraph or Keith at Sky. They rarely get involved in the process instead over weeks, over months, letting things develop before reporting, we don't need to know every little thing. When something happens, it'll happen. 

Club statements too, they're significant and the club also don't report every minor detail. The appeal on Beloff nobody knew about until the club made that public - we're in the dark just as much as these journalists often are. I like the optimism thread because you rarely get a place that's as isolated in its faith. But too much faith and you lose sight of reality, I think like NCSL have found themselves. There's a delicate balance that we need to go between! 

29 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

I know it's easy to be caught up in the wave of optimism, but there's better use of people's times than claim ITK. If anything substantial happens then the journalists pick up on it like Jason Burt at the Telegraph or Keith at Sky. They rarely get involved in the process instead over weeks, over months, letting things develop before reporting, we don't need to know every little thing. When something happens, it'll happen. 

You’re totally correct. Must say though that I was fully expecting a negative exclusive to be released in the Sunday morning papers to counteract the Sun story the other day. That was how it usually played out a year ago. Still think there probably will be mind in the next few days. I’m basically taking everything that comes out with a pinch of salt unless it comes from official press releases or is 100% verifiable. Last year was a total charade, which most of the fsn base (me included) got totally interacted in.

Once bitten, twice shy and I will wait for the cases to be concluded and a definitive decision to be announced this time. Obviously won’t stop me keeping an eye on what’s being discussed (it’s the most important dilemma within the entire history of this club, with the absolute extremes involved with the takeover going ahead or not), just won’t take rumours and stories (either way) with any real credibility this time.

Edited by et tu brute

Hmm, have we had the full set this time tho

Spurious journalism - check

Twitter ITK - check x100

Plane spotting - check 

De Marco paintings - check 

Jacobs crackers thoughts - check

Pointless rounds of infighting - ongoing tbc

Amnesty International interventions - not really

PL statement of confidence - not yet

Still a few issues to be bottomed out before we go full on insane again I think

Guest neesy111
33 minutes ago, Robster said:

Wonder if we'll be discussed.

I'd prefer for us not to be, less political interference both sides the better for the deal imo.