Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

29 minutes ago, Awaymag said:

i remain positive but I fully expect a barrage of shit and hearsay from both sides in the next week.  

Ive no doubt the PR war will be ramped up over the next few weeks.

Edited by Lazarus

51 minutes ago, Awaymag said:

i remain positive but I fully expect a barrage of shit and hearsay from both sides in the next week.  

As everyone might guess  I’m totally 50/50. Must admit on the point you made I’ve been very surprised that all the soundings and display of confidence in the last week has come from Ashley’s side. I honestly thought there would have been reactive media from the usual sources, but they have been so far quiet. Well apart from Luke with his usual windup attempt. As you say, we may still see media open season start soon.

It's simply got to go through - I've always been very confident but after that pathetic fine (sorry, "goodwill gesture") from the big six bellends, I'm more confident than ever!

16 minutes ago, Paully said:

It's simply got to go through - I've always been very confident but after that pathetic fine (sorry, "goodwill gesture") from the big six bellends, I'm more confident than ever!

Why? Surely it suggests the opposite? 

38 minutes ago, Paully said:

I'm completely of the opposite opinion. The PL are protecting the "big 6" and approving our takeover doesn't do that.

22 minutes ago, gdm said:

Why? Surely it suggests the opposite? 

That's my view as well. If there were still any doubters about the "big 6" (I hate typing that) controlling Emglish football then surely they now realise that it's them who call the shots.

All 6 are dead against it, for their own interests, which is why I just can't see it happening. It's their ball and they decide who plays.

40 minutes ago, Paully said:

Yeah this worries me more than anything. How lightly they've got off breaking up the football pyramid for their own gain.

Compare that against the seemingly gritty determination to stop the NUFC takeover I'm not sure how anyone is confident.

I'm just looking forward to the day I can either sever my ties, or start enjoying football again.

Staying positive...at least if the case is heard we can watch it live with very public evidence.  Obviously the dream is they don't contest it but  if they do and we win, plus all public evidence it will be glorious.

2 minutes ago, Ben said:

So the Premier League will cave in today and let this through ?

I've just seen a flying pig.

No wait...it was just the police helicopter

Edited by gjohnson
Humor

34 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

That's my view as well. If there were still any doubters about the "big 6" (I hate typing that) controlling Emglish football then surely they now realise that it's them who call the shots.

All 6 are dead against it, for their own interests, which is why I just can't see it happening. It's their ball and they decide who plays.

Got to hope that Ashley’s legal team have actual evidence of blatant interference and attempts to influence by all/some/even 1 of the so called big 6

19 minutes ago, Ben said:

So the Premier League will cave in today and let this through ?

Think they will contest it and ask for it to be thrown out.  

Then if not maybe they will do a deal.

Unless they think the case is strong. Then they will obviously fight it.

24 minutes ago, Slim said:

Think they will contest it and ask for it to be thrown out.  

Then if not maybe they will do a deal.

Unless they think the case is strong. Then they will obviously fight it.

I know we have waited well over a year now, but think the next few weeks are going to seem like an absolute age. It’s the not knowing which legal team actually holds the case winning evidence/documentation and which holds the more favourable legal arguments, which is the worst part. Nobody knows if we are actually so close to a brilliant new period of actual Hope and progress for the club, or a final kick in the balls with further agony and the knowing feeling of endless no hope.

Edited by et tu brute

1 hour ago, et tu brute said:

Got to hope that Ashley’s legal team have actual evidence of blatant interference and attempts to influence by all/some/even 1 of the so called big 6

I suppose the worry is that Ashley feels/felt, that he could just bully the PL into getting what he wants, regardless of how strong a case he has.

8 minutes ago, Robster said:

I suppose the worry is that Ashley feels/felt, that he could just bully the PL into getting what he wants, regardless of how strong a case he has.

He may well do it’s the type of attitude he’s displayed many times before with mixed success xx

10 minutes ago, POOT 2.0 said:

He hasn't done anything :lol: 

For me...it's others reading something into everything he does. His account is not unlike millions of others, but a certain following is reading something into every single thing he does and sharing the living fuck out of it. Mad, really :lol:

My exposure to him is purely through this place. I suspect most here are the same. 

It started off as a bit of a joke but now some people really are convinced he’s sending out subliminal messages to Newcastle fans coz he posted a brown ale bottle over 6 months ago. Completely bonkers 

Edited by gdm