Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

He wishes us good luck every so often, but it's obvious he isn't tweeting only for Newcastle fans! He has many clients concurrently - think he's doing something against British Gymnastics at the minute too, he was involved in the salary cap dispute in the EFL and got that overturned in February. Just a man who likes his bread, photos and drawing really! 

I think he’s quite clearly enjoying the attention as he could have quite clearly told people not to read too much into his shots as he’s obviously reading a lot of the replies he gets (though that still wouldn’t stop some people)

58 minutes ago, Rocker said:

I don't know anyone who thinks they're all serious. 

The blatant ones (and they were fucking blatant) yes, but not shit like this.

You think? I reckon it's his most blatant yet. [emoji38] 

Staring at the word "Green". Outside a place called Hixon Green which just happens to be on a street called Medina Villas.... Medina - Wikipedia

Or maybe I just need to log off for the weekend. [emoji38]

5 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Staring at the word "Green". Outside a place called Hixon Green which just happens to be on a street called Medina Villas.... Medina - Wikipedia

Superb just mentioned this on Wraiths podcast aswell.

16 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Don't forget the green traffic lights reflected in the background too :frantic:

44 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

Don't forget the green traffic lights reflected in the background too :frantic:

Or the watch and pen placed on the table on the left hand side. The watch is black and white. 

Clearly telling us a timetable has been set for signing a deal. [emoji38]

Mike Ashley will argue that the Premier League's dithering during last summer's takeover process was on purpose - and that Richard Masters and top-flight officials knew it would hinder the sale.

The Premier League tried to prevent Ashley's anti-competition claim from going through and feel that there is a jurisdiction issue on the matter with the case very similar to the arbitration battle that goes ahead next month.

Ashley wanted to sell the club for around £340million last year to Saudi Arabia's Public Investment Fund, Amanda Staveley and the Reuben brothers.

But a 17-week wait left the bidders frustrated and they eventually walked away from the deal as the Premier League failed to approve or reject the takeover.

The Competition Appeal Tribunal's summary of claim reads: "The Claimant (Ashley) alleges that the Defendant prevented, or hindered, the Proposed Takeover and knew that its actions would prevent and/or delay the Proposed Takeover. 

"The prevention and/or delay of the Proposed Takeover was liable to and did distort and/or restrict competition between PL clubs"

Premier League officials stated to the bidders that they were concerned over who would be running the club and feared it would be State-led.

It's also why Ashley is eager for the CAT claim to proceed so that there is a greater possibility of transparency compared to a closed shop situation in arbitration where the public may not get to see anything other than the final result.

Ashley does not only believe the dithering was done to kowtow with the Prem's big six but also feels Masters and co's conduct helped time waste during the process, which ultimately resulted in his buyers walking away.

Privately, Ashley has told those close to the takeover deal he remains furious that the sale was blocked and that his endgame is to get the takeover pushed through.

Ashley is attempting to gain damage costs from the Premier League after the £340million deal collapsed last year.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-takeover-mike-ashley-20795783

27 minutes ago, Toon No9 said:

Oh no! Not a third way!?

We have gone over a year just to get a simple yey or ney. We don't need a third way now!

Did u even read it? The third way is just them all coming to a settlement out of court 

3 hours ago, gdm said:

Did u even read it? The third way is just them all coming to a settlement out of court 

What I meen is that if they haven't agreed about this for over a year, to start a third way will take at least 6 more months or so.

It was also ment to be sort of a joke, just like everything has been this last year regarding this. 😉

We are told Ashley is furious that the PL failed to approve the sale of the club, and I find myself wondering whether, if  Ashely loses the CAT and/or the Arbitration so the sale collapses completely, he will still be so furious that he pumps money into the club in order to sign the players that will allow us to gate-crash the big 6 and take a great big slice of the PL prize money and European places, by way of his revenge on the big 6.  This rumour of a £50m war-chest could just be an indication of this.

Alternatively it could just be he sees an opportunity, given the effect on PL clubs financial turnover, due to covid, whether he sees an opportunity to buy promising young players at knock down prices.  Imagine buying Willock type players for £10m to £15m when in normal financial circumstances they would cost £25m to £30m.  Selling on those players in 2 years time could turnover a huge transfer profit for the initial outlay of £50m.

21 minutes ago, Ankles Bennett said:

We are told Ashley is furious that the PL failed to approve the sale of the club, and I find myself wondering whether, if  Ashely loses the CAT and/or the Arbitration so the sale collapses completely, he will still be so furious that he pumps money into the club in order to sign the players that will allow us to gate-crash the big 6 and take a great big slice of the PL prize money and European places, by way of his revenge on the big 6.  This rumour of a £50m war-chest could just be an indication of this.

Alternatively it could just be he sees an opportunity, given the effect on PL clubs financial turnover, due to covid, whether he sees an opportunity to buy promising young players at knock down prices.  Imagine buying Willock type players for £10m to £15m when in normal financial circumstances they would cost £25m to £30m.  Selling on those players in 2 years time could turnover a huge transfer profit for the initial outlay of £50m.