Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

1 minute ago, nbthree3 said:

He liked a picture of a zebra if people want to read into that  

[emoji38]

That's possibly more relevant than anything others have conjured up!

And even then it's not relevant in the slightest[emoji38]

Would love for a positive euros showing by England and a takeover to finish up the summer. 

7 minutes ago, NE27 said:

That's possibly more relevant than anything others have conjured up!

And even then it's not relevant in the slightest[emoji38]

Would love for a positive euros showing by England and a takeover to finish up the summer. 

LOL GDM agreed to stay in the other thread and now its locked.   Can he stick to the deal or will he come across into the positive thread.........................

Edited by Awaymag

10 minutes ago, Awaymag said:

Can he stick to the deal or will he come across into the positive thread

If gdm is in here anytime soon I'd imagine we would be on the brink of some amazing news.

As any of our fans would/should be!

As is with nufc, pray for best and expect the worst. I think that's why a lot of fans (myself included) come across negative at times.

Tbf if one thread is locked, the other should be. Because otherwise everyone will just come in here as there needs to be somewhere for people to post things which aren't just pure 100% optimism and that will quite understandably rile the natives here because - as I've accepted - that's not what this thread is for. But either we need one thread where everything is OK, or one thread each.

Locking the "realistic" thread because the positive people wouldn't stay in their own thread doesn't seem like a solution that'll keep anyone happy really. We now have nowhere to post because of their transgressions.

4 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Tbf if one thread is locked, the other should be. Because otherwise everyone will just come in here as there needs to be somewhere for people to post things which aren't just pure 100% optimism and that will quite understandably rile the natives here because - as I've accepted - that's not what this thread is for. But either we need one thread where everything is OK, or one thread each.

Locking the "realistic" thread because the positive people wouldn't stay in their own thread doesn't seem like a solution that'll keep anyone happy really. We now have nowhere to post because of their transgressions.

GDM was bitching about Manorpark who then reacted in the other thread.

You crowed in the other thread about dropping some realism in this one.

You were both fishing and now you've lost your pond. 

7 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

bitch aint it.  I did say this would happen because people just can't help themselves - school ground stuff but when the mods openly mock the positive thread, then kids will no longer listen to the teacher!

10 minutes ago, Hhtoon said:

GDM was bitching about Manorpark who then reacted in the other thread.

You crowed in the other thread about dropping some realism in this one.

You were both fishing and now you've lost your pond. 

Where did I "crow" exactly? To my memory, I did no such thing.

And I still seem to have a pond thanks. :) If this thread is the only one which remains open, I will absolutely post in it. I'd rather not, I'd far rather post in the other thread out of respect to everyone, but it's absolutely ridiculous to think that anything other than total positivity will be tolerated on this forum. That's just ludicrous.

20 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

The idea that the other thread is the one for "realism" is a load of bollocks. The truth of this shit show is that almost nothing can be verified as being "real". We know Ashley agreed a deal with PIF/PCP and that they submitted their bid to the PL for the O&D test. Everything else that has followed has been stories based on rumour & hearsay. And continues to be so.

Those trying to claim some kind of high ground, proclaiming themselves as "realists" are as annoying as the relentless "it's happening and that's that" optimists.

I posted my comments about the De Marco tweet in the other thread because I couldn't possibly claim it to be infallibly positive. It was me speculating, and coming up with a relatively positive theory based on what I saw in front of me. I acknowledged right off the bat though that my little theory was there to be scoffed at. Fair enough, but that's the thread where it belonged.

The other thread is for debate, theory, speculation & opinions - both positive and negative, and you would expect that at least a little bit of measurable evidence would be provided to support what is being posted. This one is simply for posting something from another source that unquestionably puts a positive spin on the situation.

2 minutes ago, Wandy said:

The idea that the other thread is the one for "realism" is a load of bollocks. The truth of this shit show is that almost nothing can be verified as being "real". We know Ashley agreed a deal with PIF/PCP and that they submitted their bid to the PL for the O&D test. Everything else that has followed has been stories based on rumour & hearsay. And continues to be so.

Those trying to claim some kind of high ground, proclaiming themselves as "realists" are as annoying as the relentless "it's happening and that's that" optimists.

I posted my comments about the De Marco tweet in the other thread because I couldn't possibly claim it to be infallibly positive. It was me speculating, and coming up with a relatively positive theory based on what I saw in front of me. I acknowledged right off the bat though that my little theory was there to be scoffed at. Fair enough, but that's the thread where it belonged.

The other thread is for debate, theory, speculation & opinions - both positive and negative, and you would expect that at least a little bit of measurable evidence would be provided to support what is being posted. This one is simply for posting something from another source that unquestionably puts a positive spin on the situation.

Wrong. CAT case and arbitration is not based on rumour and hearsay. They are based on facts.

2 minutes ago, Wandy said:

I agree with all of that. The bolded bit is accurate, but you can't blame people for shortening that to "realism" because "being realistic" is pretty-much that, but the bolded bit is a bit of a mouthful! But yes, I accept the word "realistic" has other connotations which could, without intention, be interpreted negatively.

There needs to be scepticism and debate allowed though, and this thread hates it. Fine. But it's got to go somewhere, surely?

1 minute ago, veriaqa said:

Wrong. CAT case and arbitration is not based on rumour and hearsay. They are based on facts.

Ok, Mr Pedant, that's two more things. Although even those two have been obfuscated by rumour and speculation. Neither are 100% confirmed as definitely happening as yet.

Well you can follow the CAT website for definite fact on what will happen and when if you like to.

As for what news on arbitration, anything than official sources (i.e the PL and/or Mike Ashley himself) all are rumours and hearsay.