Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

1 minute ago, Chris_R said:

I agree with all of that. The bolded bit is accurate, but you can't blame people for shortening that to "realism" because "being realistic" is pretty-much that, but the bolded bit is a bit of a mouthful! But yes, I accept the word "realistic" has other connotations which could, without intention, be interpreted negatively.

There needs to be scepticism and debate allowed though, and this thread hates it. Fine. But it's got to go somewhere, surely?

That's basically because this thread isn't really here for a proper debate. Its a thread where the sun is always shining, whereas in the other one there can be sunshine, followed by pissing rain.

If we are honest, the only thing realistic is that, one way or another, there will be an outcome quite soon.

4 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Ok, Mr Pedant, that's two more things. Although even those two have been obfuscated by rumour and speculation. Neither are 100% confirmed as definitely happening as yet.

1402/5/7/21 St James Holdings Limited v The Football Association Premier League Limited | Competition Appeal Tribunal (catribunal.org.uk)

It's already started. ;)

Just now, The Prophet said:

Slim is a notorious WUM lads.

I'm not an active poster, but I've actively watched him for years doing the same shit[emoji38]

Thread(s) need some humour though!

1 hour ago, Wandy said:

The other thread is for debate, theory, speculation & opinions - both positive and negative, and you would expect that at least a little bit of measurable evidence would be provided to support what is being posted. This one is simply for posting something from another source that unquestionably puts a positive spin on the situation.

I don’t believe there needs to be two threads, but if there continues to be two, this is absolutely what I believe should be the case moving forward. 

Guest reefatoon

I really don’t understand why people get their knickers in a twist about it. All the De Marco stuff is just supposed to be light hearted humour, nowt serious. The only people that seem to get worked up about it all are the folks who like to think they drop the realist bombs. Nobody is taking it serious, it’s just a daft lark about man.

Personally I think the De Marco stuff is amusing, and I think he probably is doing it on purpose and probably is trying to drop hints - At least some of the time - So I think it's worthy of note and probably the best clues we're likely to get.

Thing is, he doesn't know how this is going to end either. He has more say than us, and a LOT more knowledge, but he can't dictate anything.

1 hour ago, Bishops Finger said:

Fancy leaving us hanging like that lol

Sorry about that.

Hearing that Bruce has been told to start looking for another job. Like I hearing some exciting rumors sorry they are not new ones unfortunately. 

Guest HTT II

Nah, he was never first choice like for the consortium (Howe from what I’ve heard was first choice)… and even so, why would he wait around for the off chance of coming back!

1 minute ago, astraguy said:

If its true about Rafa it's over.

I wouldn't go that far mind. There's plenty other decent managers out there. I was pretty sure Rafa was waiting for the takeover to happen aswell but I think it's what Rafa has been looking for.