Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

Guest HTT II
Just now, Ketsbaia said:

Fair enough they'd want someone other than Rafa - but Eddie Howe? :lol: :lol: 

Howe, Martinez, and Conte were the names I heard were favoured, with Howe number 1! Either way no manager is just going to wait around on some off chance, Rafa or not!

Just now, astraguy said:

Sorry but Rafa was the perfect fit to rebuild us . If Bruce is still in charge come the start of the season delete my account I'm done following them under this ownership.

I'm nowhere near the club if we are starting another season under Bruce and Ashley.

Rafa 'gets' us, but under decent ownership I'd take another accomplished or young promising manager. When you've had Bruce, Carver, Pardew, McClaren, Kinnear, Allardyce etc, anything else feels like a breath of fresh air.

I think he was their first choice but just couldn’t turn down a project that’s right on his doorstep. Already sounds like Everton fans are giving him grief though - the fools.

Don’t think this is any indicator of the takeover one way or the other.

Say what you want about Rafa and the takeover, but if I had one wish left in my life for NUFC, I'd want Rafa back just because I know what he has brought to the club, the fans and the city. Fair enough, the takeover can be better and make us greater but no guarantees I would be as happy as I was when Rafa was managing the club. Sorry that this is said in the positive thread  but my LAST, little, remaining, small candle of hope for the takeover has been put out with this Rafa news. If it's going to happen, then surprise me please.

Edited by nufcjb

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, nufcjb said:

Say what you want about Rafa and the takeover, but if I had one wish left in.my lifr for NUFC, I'd want Rafa back just because I know what he has brought to the club, the fans and the city. Fair enough, the takeover can be better and make us greater but no guarantees I would be as happy as I was when Rafa was managing the club. Sorry that this is said in the positive thread  but my LAST, little, remaining, small candle of hope for the takeover has been put out with this Rafa news. If it's going to happen, then surprise me please.

The thing with Rafa is I trust him 100%, you could be a Conte who is a great manager, but it’s all about trust and I’m not so sure I’d trust him as much or even half as much and that goes for so many others!

3 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Say what you want about Rafa and the takeover, but if I had one wish left in my life for NUFC, I'd want Rafa back just because I know what he has brought to the club, the fans and the city. Fair enough, the takeover can be better and make us greater but no guarantees I would be as happy as I was when Rafa was managing the club. Sorry that this is said in the positive thread  but my LAST, little, remaining, small candle of hope for the takeover has been put out with this Rafa news. If it's going to happen, then surprise me please.

This. 

He wouldn't have took the Everton job if the takeover was happening. 

Guest reefatoon
1 minute ago, Yelevats said:

This. 

He wouldn't have took the Everton job if the takeover was happening. 

We don’t know who they want in charge though. Most people expected us to go for Rafa but they might have different ideas. Don’t think this has anything to do with what position the takeover is.

2 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

We don’t know who they want in charge though. Most people expected us to go for Rafa but they might have different ideas. Don’t think this has anything to do with what position the takeover is.

Fair enough. Just disappointed its not Rafa. Hopefully we get a tremendous director of football like Luis Campos who finds us future gems & sorts out the Academy so we bring through local gems. Obviously we need the takeover 1st. 

If its Eddie Howe I'll be underwhelmed. 

Don't think Rafa taking the Everton job has owt to do with how the arbitration is going to go. Doubt the two were ever linked tbh. Plenty of good managers out there and tbh we may well could do better with new owners. The status quo doesn't bear thinking about.

8 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Just a reminder that Liam “Mr Takeover” Kennedy said only two weeks ago that Rafa taking another job would be a sign the takeover wasn’t going to happen…

:ronaldo:

Can you quote that? Wouldn't mind seeing what he has to say.

Edited by Rocker

Looking at it objectively it's an excellent appointment for them. They were far too poor at home last season and I think he'll have an immediate impact in home games, the only thing that could put a stick in the spokes is the egos of the Everton fans who might be against him from the off because of his connections. I know that allegation was levied at us prior to Bruce but Newcastle fans were against Bruce because he was fucking shit, nothing to do with Sunderland. But in this case they're against him purely because of his Liverpool past rather than his quality as a manager. Guess we'll see. 

5 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Just a reminder that Liam “Mr Takeover” Kennedy said only two weeks ago that Rafa taking another job would be a sign the takeover wasn’t going to happen…

:ronaldo:

Is this one of the dots we’ve been told to join? :cheesy:

2 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

There'll now be the footballing equivalent of "no, no, death can be a good card" when reading Tarot cards from Kennedy. He has painted himself into a corner. 

Benitez was always going to take a job that came up which he fancied. 

I mean, Rafa isn’t going to have any inside track. The consortium are waiting on Mike Ashley’s cases before they come back in.

In the meantime what’s he supposed to do? Wait around for something that may never happen?

I’m bitterly disappointed, why wouldn’t we be? But it doesn’t mean the takeover will never happen, just that he’s not going to pass up an opportunity where he knows he’ll be backed and will also have a new stadium coming soon. It’s a no brainer really.

Edited by Dr Jinx