Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

16 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Aye, he's been pulled up on this but denies the takwover is off without giving any exlanation for it. This guy knows nowt. Based on how he was gping on about the takeover late last year, he led people to believe it could have happened before/after Christmas, New year, then February, March and every single month on the calendar. I ain't believing a shit he is saying now.

Obviously, I'm in the minority but I didn't want to see Benitez back - he doesn't play the type of football I like, he also bailed out when the majority of fans wanted (begged) him to stay.  Easy to blame Ashley etc. for him leaving, but I think the money (greed) was the main factor.  If he goes to Everton I'll be very interested to see what style of football he adopts there - maybe he'll prove me wrong and they'll play great to watch football and I'll end up eating my words? 

Anyway, roll on the takeover asap and Bruce getting sacked...

1 minute ago, nufcjb said:

Aye, he's been pulled up on this but denies the takwover is off without giving any exlanation for it. This guy knows nowt. Based on how he was gping on about the takeover late last year, he led people to believe it could have happened before/after Christmas, New year, then February, March and every single month on the calendar. I ain't believing a shit he is saying now.

I've said it Once, I'll say it a million times, take everything with a pinch of salt, it's on until it's not anymore. Everyone has an opinion, everyone is confident about this on both sides of the fence, those that know anything about anything you can count on one hand and they won't divulge anything to anyone outside that small circle. No one knows the outcome of anything, not even the people at the top that will make the final decision, literally not a soul on earth. I wouldn't hang your hat on anything anyone says.

3 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

I've said it Once, I'll say it a million times, take everything with a pinch of salt, it's on until it's not anymore. Everyone has an opinion, everyone is confident about this on both sides of the fence, those that know anything about anything you can count on one hand and they won't divulge anything to anyone outside that small circle. No one knows the outcome of anything, not even the people at the top that will make the final decision, literally not a soul on earth. I wouldn't hang your hat on anything anyone says.

Whilst I don’t entirely disagree - Rafa literally bought the consortium to the table. He has always been their preferred man and the fact he’s taking another job does paint a negative picture.

There has been nothing but positive noises coming out - Bruce apparently looking for another job, Ashley convinced it’ll be done within a month etc.

If that’s the case - why has Rafa been touting himself so hard for this job? Let’s not fool ourselves, his people have pushed for him to get this job, it’s not come about because Everton approached him.

Guest neesy111
13 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

Getting a bit wound up now is Liam. Another one who doesn't understand what the 360 account is. 

That's totally pathetic by him.

Guest neesy111

Don't think Rafa going to Everton is takeover related.   I'd be amazed if anyone would've waited this long in anycase.

I've always thought him waiting for the takeover to be resolved was a load of shite tbh. He would've gone to Wolves if they binned off Nuno in January.

Edited by Menace

Guest neesy111
2 minutes ago, Menace said:

I've always thought him waiting for the takeover to be resolved was a load of shite tbh. He would've gone to Wolves if they binned off Nuno in January.

He's Spanish, not Portuguese.

17 minutes ago, Robster said:

Good to see the "I told you so" crew have piled in at the first sign of something possibly having a negative undertone.

Well we could discuss it in the proper thread, but that’s not possible due to the unrealistic bunch ‘piling in’ there.

It’s also fake news to suggest we “come and go”, we’re here to discuss the positives news stories too.

It’s bizarre that people think anyone doesn’t want this takeover to happen just so they can say “I told you so”. If it does happen, we’ll probably change our opinions as the news gets more positive.

Edited by Fantail Breeze

Don’t believe the “Rafa to Everton” changes anything to do with the takeover………We are in the middle of Arbitration and CAT, the result of which will decide our takeover, nothing to do with Rafa and those who think, “it must be off if he’s taking the Everton Job”…..good luck to him, but I’m guessing the consortium have a number of possible managers on a list when the takeover actually happens. 

8 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Well we could discuss it in the proper thread, but that’s not possible due to the unrealistic bunch ‘piling in’ there.

It’s also fake news to suggest we “come and go”, we’re here to discuss the positives news stories too.

It’s bizarre that people think anyone doesn’t want this takeover to happen just so they can say “I told you so”. If it does happen, we’ll probably change our opinions as the news gets more positive.

What are you even going on about man.

Just chill out.

1 minute ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Yeah, this. There's actually something worth discussing tonight for a change.

Mind the only reason it's being linked to the takeover is because the over positive brigade led by the likes of  kennedy insisted Benitez getting another job would be bad news. Now that looks like happening they are doing a massive rewrite. 

1 hour ago, TorchyTBB said:

Obviously, I'm in the minority but I didn't want to see Benitez back - he doesn't play the type of football I like, he also bailed out when the majority of fans wanted (begged) him to stay.  Easy to blame Ashley etc. for him leaving, but I think the money (greed) was the main factor.  If he goes to Everton I'll be very interested to see what style of football he adopts there - maybe he'll prove me wrong and they'll play great to watch football and I'll end up eating my words? 

Anyway, roll on the takeover asap and Bruce getting sacked...

Utter nonsense about his reason for leaving mind.......you've basically believed the Ashley/Charnley version of events over Benitez. 

Shame on you.

6 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Change your user name again more like. 

26 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Times like this call for a calming, reassuring voice.

I couldn’t  think of anybody better to calm the natives and refocus us all.

Oh aye. Great job that that dickhead has chirped up. Really reliable.