Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

If Rafa goes to Everton, I know it's crazy, but I'll have lost a little bit more shine off the takeover, if it ever happens. I truly thought he as waiting for us, I'll be more than a little gutted if he goes to a club where the fans hate him rather than giving us just a little bit longer to get the takeover done.

Maybe rafa wasn't ever going to return under a new regime, but I've got no reason to believe that it was any more unlikely than the takeover itself, both are dreams I've been holding on to. Rafa just 'got' us.

He may have wanted to come back to us and the prospective owners may have wanted him as well…

However

He is a workaholic. An ambitious owner and club wants to hire him and values him. He was always going to get another job and he likely was never waiting around for us. It was good speculation and maybe it could have happened in the right timeline whilst Rafa didn’t haven’t a job in front of him that he liked. 

that’s life and it’s not surprising. 

im gutted because I love Rafa and all he stands for and how he understood us fans and our potential. He believed in us when many of our own still don’t. 

But there are always other talented managers out there and there are others who will or do get us and the fans. Who will understand our potential and who will believe in us. 

these owners need to buy this club for anything to change. Transfer targets and manager targets will come and go. We need to be sold first. And when that project begins, our fortunes will change. 

I have faith, I don’t know when it will happen, but it sure will at some point. Clubs change hands. Ours will too. And we will finally get it back. 

hopefully this summer! 

If we'd been taken over quicker I believe Rafa would've been here now. We're not though, ad it would be unfair if Rafa couldn't take what would essentially be his dream job from a personal perspective, living in Liverpool with his family - his main priority. Now he can combine his personal life with his professional life in a way he's wanted for a long time. I don't even know if given the choice between us and Everton that Rafa would choose us. 

There’s no way to dress this up, it’s a knife in the back called hope. (not by Rafa btw, just the situation) We want the takeover and many of us wanted the takeover with Rafa so he could build something, something we all would have bought into.

I’m jealous of Everton, I really am. And come on, anyone saying now that they don’t care he’s not coming back here is lying to themselves as much as anyone else. The man is a perfect fit for this club and the region.

It’s not linked to the takeover at all though. It’s just a timing thing, one that again is against us. So small positives and all that but this one has definitely knocked the wind from my sails in terms of expectations. I don’t really know where we’re at at this point in time.

11 minutes ago, RS said:

Why would they?  They don’t own a club and unfortunately there’s probably less than a 50% chance that they’ll ever own us. 

Glass half empty bloke eh? There’s probably more than 50% chance that they’ll own us, pessimism/optimism, I know which one gives me hope, if it doesn’t happen then I’ll get over the disappointment.

6 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

There’s probably more than 50% chance that they’ll own us

Yeah? Gimme them sweet facts baby.

(And this comes from someone who thinks this is happening) 

Edited by cubaricho

6 minutes ago, Ben said:

This is exhausting 

Just remember though, the PL are protecting the NUFC fans........we wont be able to handle ambition/success so we have to be protected from that!  God bless the PL!

Guest HTT II

I’d take Howe any day of the weak, I think he’d be a good fit here even under Ashley. My preferred choice under SA ownership would be Conte, proven winner, ambitious, ruthless and I like his style of play/gameplan/system. Rafa would be the best all-round for me of course, but…

1 hour ago, cubaricho said:

Yeah? Gimme them sweet facts baby.

(And this comes from someone who thinks this is happening) 

I’ve no more facts it’s happening than those who think it’s not happening. It’s 50/50.

Guest HTT II
4 minutes ago, LV said:

Huge blow this imo

I’m gutted Rafa won’t be coming back here. 

I don’t think it has any bearing whatsoever on the takeover. I think Rafa would have ideally liked to have returned to NUFC, but he can’t just wait for something that may never happen and will always go where the best offer available at the time is heading him towards. That’s why he went to China, despite what the daft twats claim he went their for the money. I love Rafa and would have him here any day of the week under any circumstances, he’s a great manager and an even better man and he gets our club, a match made in heaven, but I think that particular boat has long since sailed sadly! 

Guest HTT II

RE Martinez, I’m not so sure on him tbh, he’d need huge money and I don’t think he has the right kind of personality for the job, he’d blow under any pressure. Of course, I’d take him in a heartbeat as he is a good manager, but again I’m unsure on him.

20 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I’d take Howe any day of the weak, I think he’d be a good fit here even under Ashley. My preferred choice under SA ownership would be Conte, proven winner, ambitious, ruthless and I like his style of play/gameplan/system. Rafa would be the best all-round for me of course, but…

After watching Italy I'd love someone like Mancini tbh

TBF you rotters are just being awful to the poor belly buster we currently have in charge of putting the cones out, he hasn't even come back from 'get fatter camp' and everyone is dancing on his grave, at least let him clear the condiments from his desk before we talk about his replacement 

Guest HTT II
5 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

After watching Italy I'd love someone like Mancini tbh

Aye, I’d hire any decent Italian manager, their record of success is unparalleled all over the globe, even non Italian but former Serie A players/managers have had success here. Gullit for example, although not at NUFC sadly, has won honours here in England. Mancini, Conte, Gullit, Ranieri, Vialli, Ancelotti, Sarri et al…

Edited by HTT II

6 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Aye, I’d hire any decent Italian manager, their record of success is unparalleled all over the globe, even non Italian but former Serie A players/managers have had success here. Gullit for example, although not at NUFC sadly, has won honours here in England. Mancini, Conte, Gullit, Ranieri, Vialli, Ancelotti, Sarri et al…

Even their shit managers, who aren't really managers win the champions league like De Matteo :lol:

15 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I don’t think it has any bearing whatsoever on the takeover. I think Rafa would have ideally liked to have returned to NUFC, but he can’t just wait for something that may never happen and will always go where the best offer available at the time is heading him towards. That’s why he went to China, despite what the daft twats claim he went their for the money. I love Rafa and would have him here any day of the week under any circumstances, he’s a great manager and an even better man and he gets our club, a match made in heaven, but I think that particular boat has long since sailed sadly! 

Yeah agreed. Not sure if massively says much a or the takeover chances.

I just meant a huge blow in general. He had an idea for the club and its infrastructure and was meticulous in his planning.

I can’t imagine anyone would be better at what’s needed. Even a DOF model with a top coach.

Anyway, it’s all irrelevant unless a takeover happens. But it’s yet another example of how the PL’s fuckery has held us back. 

Guest HTT II
14 minutes ago, 1964 said:

Even their shit managers, who aren't really managers win the champions league like De Matteo :lol:

Forgot about him ha ha 

Guest HTT II
14 minutes ago, LV said:

Yeah agreed. Not sure if massively says much a or the takeover chances.

I just meant a huge blow in general. He had an idea for the club and its infrastructure and was meticulous in his planning.

I can’t imagine anyone would be better at what’s needed. Even a DOF model with a top coach.

Anyway, it’s all irrelevant unless a takeover happens. But it’s yet another example of how the PL’s fuckery has held us back. 

Aye he’s the best fit for us even post takeover!

Guest reefatoon

To just have a manager who doesn’t play everything down and throw excuses for his shitness all over the place will be a massive relief. An actual competent manager who can see the potential and try and get the best out of it. This is why we loved Rafa so much, he would never sell himself short with shit excuses and lower expectations. We will get another manager in like that after the takeover and we will love him just as much, as it is a million miles away from what we have been used too.

Edited by reefatoon

29 minutes ago, HTT II said:

RE Martinez, I’m not so sure on him tbh, he’d need huge money and I don’t think he has the right kind of personality for the job, he’d blow under any pressure. Of course, I’d take him in a heartbeat as he is a good manager, but again I’m unsure on him.

I’m not 100% on Martinez but really like what I’ve seen of Jones so far. As they’ve worked together before it could be an option worth exploring for new owners. I think Martinez could certainly get us towards top 8, then after that it may take someone else to make the next jump. 

Even under the Saudi’s I think it’ll be progress in stages. Mancini is a great shout though, he’s got an average Italian team playing relentless quick football. He’s also got PL experience, certainly ticks all the boxes would be well happy with that.