Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

2 minutes ago, BergenMagpie said:

Should definitely keep two takeover threads, but one should only be for the daily copy/paste arguments between Manorpark, gdm and a few others. 

don’t include me in it today. I admit i got too carried away yesterday and will walk away from discussions like that from now on and I deliberately stayed away from here after the other one was locked. 

All I did today was say it out of order to call someone a cunt for no reason then got called a twat for it. 

Edited by gdm

3 minutes ago, gdm said:

don’t include me in it today. I admit i got too carried away yesterday and will walk away from discussions like that from now on. All I did today was say it out of order to call someone a cunt for no reason then got called a twat for it. 

Knew you couldn't resist - get over to the other board before the mods ban you for a week!

Edited by Awaymag

3 minutes ago, Awaymag said:

Knew you couldn't resist - get over to the other board before the mods ban you for a week!

Away you go trying to start an argument. It’s not needed. There’s too much of that on here. I’m only here defending myself after someone mentioned me while the other one is locked. 

Edited by gdm

6 minutes ago, Pons Alias said:

Can I make a suggestion to the mods?

2 Threads 

1. Takeover Facts (possibly only open to Mod posting)

2. Takeover talks/bollocks /whatever 

Then we can ignore the other if we want...

Like I have mentioned a few post above, mods need to make a decision. Keep 1 thread or stopping locking one thread and not the other.

It's pathetic. The name calling that led to the other thread getting locked was so uncalled for, stemming from a small issue and honestly, I'm fed up reading positive members going over there and squibbling just like I hate how it happens in here too. Its fucking tiring reading the same shit and arguments between the same blokes every 3 or 4 days.

Edited by nufcjb

Solution: Stop talking about there being two threads. Post and discuss positive rumours in the positive one, similar to how it's done betweem the Twitter Rumours vs Transfer Rumours threads. Discuss more realistic/pessimistic news in the other thread. Stay on topic. Don't discuss posters or the threads. Just discuss the actual takeover.

Simple.

Edited by Kaizero

3 minutes ago, Kaizero said:

Solution: Stop talking about there being two threads. Post and discuss positive rumours in the positive one, such as the Twitter Rumours vs Transfer Rumours threads. Discuss more realistic/pessimistic news in the other thread. Stay on topic. Don't discuss posters or the threads. Just discuss the actual takeover.

Simple.

Recently, they just can't resist to react. On both sides. They just bite every bait that is out there

Edited by nufcjb

46 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

What an absolute clusterfuck this place has turned into.

That is 2 days in a row now that 2  advocates of this positive thread @manorpark @Whitley mag, immigrated to the other thread, squibbled with those on there and got that thread locked. Ffs. Absolutely insane. 

1 and a half year into this saga and people still can't behave themselves. Mods, its about time you guys come to a decision. Either we have only one thread on takeovers or let both be opened or locked. You can't keep locking one and not the other. Its freaking useless if the positive blokes infiltrate the realist thread and call people cunts and twats and thread gets locked or even vice versa if people come in this thread and start calling others names.

Embarassing as fuck. Rtg levels.

What happened on the other thread today? I missed all of the excitement. [emoji38]

2 minutes ago, Ben said:

I think the best solution would be for that crab face Masters to let the takeover happen then we can delete these threads forever

we'd still argue but over which manager and whether to expand the stadium or build a new training ground.

Oh and then the Human rights people will arrive.

We are just fucked as a forum basically!!!

1 minute ago, mouldy_uk said:

There are grown ups on here, which bit of the forum do they post in? 

:bluestar:

The food one in Chat, those fellas are allowed to touch the oven

Ok, it’s only the chronicle but …..

‘Writing in his latest piece for The Chronicle, North East journalist Ryder has confirmed that Benitez’s potential return to Tyneside was not a stipulation of the takeover deal, meaning that him joining the Toffees will not affect any potential new ownership.”

2 minutes ago, Jinky Jim said:

Ok, it’s only the chronicle but …..

‘Writing in his latest piece for The Chronicle, North East journalist Ryder has confirmed that Benitez’s potential return to Tyneside was not a stipulation of the takeover deal, meaning that him joining the Toffees will not affect any potential new ownership.”

I really don't get how it could ever be a "stipulation" of the deal. Ryder. :lol:

2 hours ago, gdm said:

don’t include me in it today. I admit i got too carried away yesterday and will walk away from discussions like that from now on and I deliberately stayed away from here after the other one was locked. 

All I did today was say it out of order to call someone a cunt for no reason then got called a twat for it. 

:lol::lol::lol:

41 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

I heard a rumour today, not directly takeover related but to us it is I guess. Richard Masters may be stepping down soon, to do with things about the Super League coming out.

Knowing our luck he’ll be replaced with Hatice Cengiz.