Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

26 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

Why will they care if it all comes out in the public, they are shameless anyway.

They will if disclosure proves cartel behaviour.

Consequences of breach

Infringements of Chapter I or Article 101 can have serious consequences for a business:

firms engaged in activities can face fines of up to 10% of group global turnover; 

anti-competitive restrictions in agreements may be automatically void and unenforceable, and may lead to the entire agreement being unenforceable;

firms also leave themselves exposed to actions for damages from consumers, customers and competitors – including mass actions – who can show they have been harmed by the anti-competitive behaviour; and

individuals in the UK can face being disqualified from acting as company directors as well as risk prosecution under the criminal cartel offence.

Edited by Whitley mag

10 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Masters, Hoffman and 6 clubs desperately trying to head off independent regulator. 

I’m very sure they’ll be anything but independent.

Two self appointed directors with no real power, without the consent of the clubs, and that is going to make them less corrupt?

Aye ok, and when Pladimir Vutin becomes the next Russian president, he’ll be nothing like Putin.

6 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Two self appointed directors with no real power, without the consent of the clubs, and that is going to make them less corrupt?

Aye ok, and when Pladimir Vutin becomes the next Russian president, he’ll be nothing like Putin.

Aye, they’ll probably get Man U and Liverpool to interview the applicants aswell.

2 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Apparently Wraith's NUFC Matters channel has been taken down by youtube? Didnt watch it this evening with Keith, Neil and Steve but I wonder if someone mentioned something about the takeover which may have caused legals to get involved? 

Be because he’s been taking cheap and abusive shots at the lasses who left his podcast, as well and glorying racists and everyone in the North East who has called themselves the local hard man.

28 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

It has yeah "This account has been terminated due to multiple or severe violations of YouTube's policy against spam, deceptive practices, and misleading content or other Terms of Service violations." :lol: https://www.youtube.com/user/MrSteveWraith Try it (tried again to a 404 error, screens on Twitter somewhere) 

Has it? I’ve just used that link at it seemed to be ok.

15 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

Fair enough. It was definitely down for a bit because people had pictures! 

I used to watch, but find it now an absolute fuckfest. I sometimes watch the Gibbo/Supermac part as that is really only focussed on the team. Both have decent stories from days gone by also. The one positive is that there is a decent amount of cash raised for the food bank, which is genuinely a great thing. The podcasts themselves especially the now ‘Fab 4’

I just find unwatchable. 

14 minutes ago, gdm said:

Right let’s get this takeover done and sign Billy Gilmour :lol:

aye he looked impressive as he did when I watched a Chelsea game towards the back end of the season. What I found funny was that Lee Dixon was slaughtering him for the first 15 minutes of the game. Mind never liked Dixon since the Ginola carry on in the league cup match down there. 

It's being claimed on another forum that the PL have failed to have the CAT thrown out. Yeah I know, but this is the thread where the sun is always shining. Poster making the claim doesnt seem the type to bullshit. His source might be, of course.

4 minutes ago, Wandy said:

It's being claimed on another forum that the PL have failed to have the CAT thrown out. Yeah I know, but this is the thread where the sun is always shining. Poster making the claim doesnt seem the type to bullshit. His source might be, of course.

This process appears to have been pretty water tight. I'd be amazed if that kind of info has been leaked.

Edited by Robster

4 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Huge if true 

2 minutes ago, Robster said:

This process appears to have been pretty water tight. I'd be amazed if that kind of info has been leaked.

Yeah I know. But since this is the airy fairy thread I just wanted to spread a bit of hope. :lol:

8 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Where abouts? I'd be interested to have a read.